Warranty on slide out adjustments

Mikec91

I bought a edge toy hauler in 2017 brand new the slide outs needed adjusted now they said that slides adjustment is only for 90 days I thought it was 1 year warranty on the camper not happy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

I bought a edge toy hauler in 2017 brand new the slide outs needed adjusted now they said that slides adjustment is only for 90 days I thought it was 1 year warranty on the camper not happy

Hi Mikec91,

If this is what the dealer told you, I suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

And if you're still told 90 days on slideout adjustments, I would ask them to point you to the exact language in the warranty statement that says that.

bobw

I was told the same thing when my Landmark was a year old. I called Heartland custom service, and pleaded my case. ONCE again Heartland stepped up slide out adjusted. NO cost to me.:eek:

Mikec91

I called and was 90 days he used the scenario of a oil change in a car it ****** me off we spend a lot of money on a new camper thinking of warranty and good workmen ship and thin cut short over a couple hundred dollars it's not the money it's the principal of it I was told 1 year so I thought whole camper I guess we need to read fine print lol

danemayer

I called and was 90 days he used the scenario of a oil change in a car it ****** me off we spend a lot of money on a new camper thinking of warranty and good workmen ship and thin cut short over a couple hundred dollars it's not the money it's the principal of it I was told 1 year so I thought whole camper I guess we need to read fine print lol

There's no schedule of periodic adjustment to slides and the oil change analogy is silly. There's nothing routine about slideout adjustments.

Why do you think your slides need adjustment?

Mikec91

I have had other campers with slides and never needed adjustments worked perfectly for years

danemayer

Scrubs one side of the wall and a gap on the other side

Make sure there's nothing stuck top or bottom or at the end that has a gap.

Check under the slide. There's an adjusting nut, with a jam nut. Together they lock the adjustment. If one of the nuts is loose, the adjustment will change.

Look from front to rear along the outside bottom edge of the slide; in particular where the brackets attach to the outside bottom wall of the slide room to make sure nothing is twisted.

If you don't find anything, take a picture of each side that clearly shows one side in all the way and the other side having a gap. Call Heartland back and ask them for possible causes.

Btw, the owners manual has zero references to slideouts in the maintenance schedule, and the only reference in the slideout section to owner maintenance is periodic lubrication of the rails and care of the seals. There is no intended periodic adjustment.

You might also ask what periodic maintenance, like an oil change, would avoid or correct the problem you're having. In other words, if there's an adjustment you're responsible for, ask for the exact directions on what needs to be adjusted.

Mikec91

Tommrow I am going by the dealer and get my warranty paper's out of the camper and read them over very well

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Also....while you're checking around the perimeter of the slide be sure to check the gap between the slide and the frame at the bottom behind the wipe seal. If there's much of a difference from side to side you may have a slide roller that's come off causing it to skew.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I remembered a comment made by Heartland Customer Service in one of my emails about items I needed addressed before my one year warranty ran out. Here was the comment... "Regarding the warranty questions ,please have the technician inspect and produce a work order for my review. The only item that would be exclude would be the roof and side seals. That is a maintenance issue. Also slide adjustments."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk