Washer drain vent

mobilcastle

I am installing the washer tray and it vents out the rear of the tray. If I drill a hole through the floor where do you vent the drain since it is over the overhang and I am not sure how to access that. Thanks Steve

Garypowell

Steve,

You might consider simply putting a "Y" in the drain line you have and if anything gets into the pan it will go the same way the rest of the water goes. I realize you might have to tear into the wall to do this....but at least the work is behind the the unit.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If your rig is plumbed for a washer (most are), then find where the drain and supply lines are run. There should be a pipe chase of sorts, possibly running under the dresser, that brings the plumbing into the basement. Depending on your floor plan, you may have to remove the drawers and bottom dust panel to access it from inside. Run your drain pan line with them.

brianharrison

Even turning the pan around the drain hose location on the pan is still in the overhang of the pin box area - ie ahead of the drop.

In this picture, my washer pan drain comes out the front right, goes sideways and down into the access way behind the carpet on the right between the closet and the dresser. If I am not mistaken, it goes along the back of the dresser and then down into the front of the basement compartment just behind the drop.

For my Landmark, the drain line them follows the gangway of washer drain pipe, and electrical wires at the front of the basement compartment, along the top across the doorside basement and into the basement behind the blockoff wall. Then my drain line runs down and out the bottom of the trailer just in front of where my basement frame steps up to the main floor level. There is a gap here to the underbelly (plumbing pipes also run down the tanks in the underbelly).

Seems like a long way to run but it does prevent drilling and more holes into the floor of the basement.

More info than you were looking for, but does explain the whole routing of the washer pan drain hose for my unit.

Hope this helps,
Brian

Attachments

• DSC04867.jpg
    DSC04867.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 39

mobilcastle

Gary, Thanks for the idea. If I tied into the drain it would be past the trap and could let fumes rise.
I am installing the washer tray and it vents out the rear of the tray. If I drill a hole through the floor where do you vent the drain since it is over the overhang and I am not sure how to access that. Thanks Steve

mobilcastle

Dan, There is a special dam part that needs to be installed in the front of the pan so turning is not an option. This part is suppose to make it easier to install and remove the washer. If the tray is turned you still wind up over the overhang.
Is there some reason you can't turn the tray 180 degrees so it vents out the front?

danemayer

Dan, If there is a special dam part that needs to be installed in the front of the pan so turning is not an option. This part is suppose to make it easier to install and remove the washer. If the tray is turned you still wind up over the overhang.
My factory install looks like Brian's picture in post #5. And the drain takes the same path he described, exiting through the coroplast a bit in front of the steps.

mobilcastle

John, You are right-this is what I did yesterday after looking closely at the problem. I
pulled of some of the carpet trim area to follow the drain pipe to the dresser
in the MBR and I will be able to drill under the dresser to run the tubing down
through the floor into the battery department and down past the battery to
discharge to the ground. I will need to seal the tubing where it comes through the floor.
If your rig is plumbed for a washer (most are), then find where the drain and supply lines are run. There should be a pipe chase of sorts, possibly running under the dresser, that brings the plumbing into the basement. Depending on your floor plan, you may have to remove the drawers and bottom dust panel to access it from inside. Run your drain pan line with them.

mobilcastle

Brian, Thank you for the info and the picture. My instructions said to place the dam, located in the rear of your tray, in the front. I think that is for easier removal in the washer if necessary-this placed my drain in the back left corner. I think it should just have been molded like any other tray-since the washer will have to lifted and set in anyway. That really is a long run the way yours was put in.[/QUOTE]