washer/dryer vibrations

Barry & Alana

Just wondering if anyonewith a 3055 model BH has the washer/dryer installed in the closet. What kind of vibrations do you feel througout the unit when washing or drying. Also, do you find you lose a fair amount of closet space one the unit is installed. We would like to put a unit in - but holding back dueto weight of unit - vibrations - and space lost in closet .
Or perhaps these are none issues. Just would like some info from people with expierence. Thx for you replys.

jbeletti

Hi Alana,

I don't have a BH but I have had a W/D in 2 LMs. The washer does jiggle the RV when it is on the spin cycle. The dryer does not move the unit at all.

Jim

Barry & Alana

:eek:Hi Jim, the LM have the washer/dryer double unit in a closet bythe bathroom don't they? I"m thinking more about the front closet location - since its installed basically over a front jack - I may be asking about nothing - just curious from people woth those locations.

But I do appreciate you input!

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
Hello Barry and Alana,
Like Jim we have a landmark, but mine does have the washer and dryer in a closet above the jacks and it does give the coach some movement on the washer but the dryer is OK, hope this helps ;).
Mike

jbeletti

:eek:Hi Jim, the LM have the washer/dryer double unit in a closet bythe bathroom don't they? I"m thinking more about the front closet location - since its installed basically over a front jack - I may be asking about nothing - just curious from people woth those locations.

But I do appreciate you input!

Hi A!

It's so funny talking to you here vs in the chat room :)

The LM has had floor plans where the W/D is in it's own closet on the door side between the front cap and the stairs to the kitchen. But both of my LMs has had them in the front cap/closet in the front door-side corner.

Seriously - the first time the trailer started to jiggle, I was in central IL. There is a fault line there. And I wondered if it was a tremor :eek: Then I figured it out :eek:

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We've got the combo W/D in the bedroom closet of the 3670, over the right front jack. If you're sitting in the living room, you can feel some vibration, but not enough to register on the Richter scale.

cjbearden

Visitor
Our Augusta has stackable w/d in front closet positioned over DS front landing leg. When washer is in final spin, there is some vibration in rear of RV and in the slides but not as much as we had prior to installing center landing gear and the Ultra Fab stabilizers.

Yesterday, almost had Don Michaels (Goldenwingers) convinced the park was experiencing a slight tremor!!! Should have seen his eyes bug out!

Last edited:

kkamshop

We have the same setup as CJ, but it's newly installed and I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.
And we don't have the added stabilizers, there may be a whole lot a shakin' goin' on!

Barry & Alana

Thx for all the replys! There is a whole lot of shaking going on out there, but its all good. That was my biggest concern. I had read a post from another forum about the vibrations being extreme. All I have to do is decide which one to buy now.

Thx again everyone!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have a stackable washer/dryer. Ours is in the closet on the door side not in the front closet. Prior to getting the Eliminator stabilizer system (similar to the JT Stabilizers) it felt like we were about to be shaken off the jacks when the washer went into the spin cycle. Since getting the Eliminator system we feel some vibration but it is not severe at all. We like having our own washer and dryer because we prefer not to use the laundry machines. (You never know who put what in the machines before you.) We know our machines are clean.