Water coming out of overflow drains

srae

Been out in our 2015 Big Country 3150 for the past couple of weeks. No issues until two days ago. I noticed water coming out of both overflow drains. Do not use the fresh water tank and keep it empty. Only use city hook up. Any ideas what might be causing this? Thanks.

yport

Why do SO MANY of us Heartland owners have this same problem year after year!! Apparently it's either the Anderson Valve (though I had mine replaced) or the check valve in the water pump. Still get issue periodically with no rhyme or reason. Good luck!

jimtoo

Hi srae,

If you did not fill the fresh water tank, then it may be the check valve on the pump not seating good and leaking the city water back into the tank. Or if you have the 4 way valve it could be leaking back into tank also. Might try running the water pump a little and then rechecking.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in with better info soon.

Jim M

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Does you tank gauge still say it's empty ? Or does it say it's full even though you have never filled it ?
If it's full then you more then likely have the Anderson Valve leaking back. If the tank gauge reads empty then you have a whole new problem.

srae

When I checked, it showed empty. I will check to see if there is any water in the fresh water tank. Thanks to all who responded.

KFPD404

I have the same thing going on right now. I have tracked it down to the shurflo pump leaking by it will fill up my fresh water tank over a week end . I took the cover off and could watch the water leak by in my strainer . I used the water pump last week end so when w go out again I am going to see if its still seeping by . My trailer s only 6 months old but its cheaper for me to order a new pump and install myself instead of taking back to the dealer and leaving it and then retuning to get it.

danemayer

I have the same thing going on right now. I have tracked it down to the shurflo pump leaking by it will fill up my fresh water tank over a week end . I took the cover off and could watch the water leak by in my strainer . I used the water pump last week end so when w go out again I am going to see if its still seeping by . My trailer s only 6 months old but its cheaper for me to order a new pump and install myself instead of taking back to the dealer and leaving it and then retuning to get it.

You might give Shurflo a call. If you're under warranty, they may send you a replacement pump at no charge in return for the label from the defective pump.

farside291

Give Heartland service a call. They sent me a new pump with a return authorization. Took 5 minutes to replace the pump. Also you could install a backflow preventer from shurflo in the input side of the pump. Just cut the line and clamp it in. That way if the pump leaks again it wont back flow to the tank.