water filter in bighorn 3185rl

I just received my new 3185rl. Does anyone know if the factory installs water filters in these coaches and also the ice maker in the 4 door fridge. The guy that did my walk thru didn't think so. I need to know how to install one. Wayne

jimtoo

Hi FloridaRVers,

No, the factory does not install water filters in the units.

Are you asking how to install an ice maker? Your fridge did not come with one?

Your dealer should know the answers,,,

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you are talking about a filter for the icemaker, I installed THIS ONE.
I added a few feet of 1/4 inch water line and mounted it where I can access it.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
NO, HL does not install any water filters. You can buy inline filters to install inline with your water hose or hard pipe them in or behind the UCD. You can purchase good water filters at HD or Lowes. They are the undersink mount type for a sticks and bricks. I installed 2 in my UCD and hard piped them in.

I wonder why Heartland didn't put water filters in the Big Horn 3185RL? It's a beautiful coach and we love it. We traded in a Cedar Creek that did have the filter. My ice maker works really well in the fridge but I don't know how long without a water filter. Then I start thinking about warrantys, Wayne

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Some of us don't want filters installed... I am one of them.. They also cost the company extra for every unit...

We have external household water filters and regulator. That reduces the number of things to winterize and go bad...

Water is the big enemy of all RV's. They can destroy your RV and you may never know it is at work until you finally find it.

MHO
BC

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I wonder why Heartland didn't put water filters in the Big Horn 3185RL? It's a beautiful coach and we love it. We traded in a Cedar Creek that did have the filter. My ice maker works really well in the fridge but I don't know how long without a water filter. Then I start thinking about warrantys, Wayne

And I had a Forest River TT with an installed water filter. Under the sink, hard to get in/out, and always required a mop when I changed it. I now have a dual filter system in a tote, complete with pressure regulator and water meter. It sits outside under the rig all summer and does its job. Easy to maintain and no floods inside. I would not want HL to put filters in the rigs since there's no guarantee they'd put them where they're most accessible and can do the least damage.