Water hose

bishgeo

Tired of fighting my hose to roll it up. There has to be a hose that rolls up without me screaming. Thinking about a flexible coil hose. Suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Tired of fighting my hose to roll it up. There has to be a hose that rolls up without me screaming. Thinking about a flexible coil hose. Suggestions.

Not much help for you but if had room I would install a electric hose reel.

HoseReel.jpg

Oregon_Camper

I have 2 of these Zero G hoses that are the best. One is 25' and the other is 50'. I hardly use the 50' and keep it in the box it came in. For the 25', I bought cheap electrical cord reel, that fit the 25' hose perfectly!! So easy to roll up the hose and put in storage.

While not as fancy as a power reel, for only $8......I'll stick with this manual version. :cool::cool:

25 Hose Zero-G 1/2X25 Rv/Marine
[h=1]418eitht6KL.jpg[/h]
Bayco KW-110 Cord Storage Reel with Center Spin Handle

51IPvD4sB2L.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

That says $31.52
I just ordered I'm going to give it a try.
That's a good Raffle prize there Jim B. :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

I must be lucky or foolish as I'm still using the original hose we bought back in '05 for our 1st RV/5er. After use, I just wipe it down while draining/coiling it up and toss back into the "water" bin box. Likewise as well, have a 25' & 50' and a spare brand new 25' (I think I still have it in basement....find out next spring).

sengli

I used one of those super flex hoses recently. Worked great, and when I was done it shrinks itself into a very small size, and I store it in a small bucket.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I used one of those super flex hoses recently. Worked great, and when I was done it shrinks itself into a very small size, and I store it in a small bucket.

I have two 50’ sections of that. Lightweight is easier than a standard hose to get on the roof. A Home Depot bucket stores it.

I have a shorter section connected in my UDC for rinsing stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I also have the Zero G. It works great. No fighting the hose when it is a bit cool out.

Be careful with those zero g hoses. We have had two different ones get contaminated to a point the inside of the hose started sloughing off and plugged both of the water filters and the inlet screen on our regulator. It happened on two different hoses at two different rv parks in two different states. The second time it happened was in CO and the park manager tested the water coming out of the spicket against the water coming through the hose. The water had bacteria through the hose, none without. He then tested my other zero g hose and same thing. I use that hose to wash the rig with now and went back to a white one with stainless steel ends. No issues since then.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Don't know about the "Zero G" hoses, but the soft flex hoses I have all came with disclaimers not to use them for drinking water or hot water. Again, as a utility hose, they work fine.

RoadJunkie

Be careful with those zero g hoses. We have had two different ones get contaminated to a point the inside of the hose started sloughing off and plugged both of the water filters and the inlet screen on our regulator. It happened on two different hoses at two different rv parks in two different states. The second time it happened was in CO and the park manager tested the water coming out of the spicket against the water coming through the hose. The water had bacteria through the hose, none without. He then tested my other zero g hose and same thing. I use that hose to wash the rig with now and went back to a white one with stainless steel ends. No issues since then.

Was the nasty Zero-G hose the RV/Marine version? I have never heard of this problem prior to your post; worth contacting the factory to follow up?

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Was the nasty Zero-G hose the RV/Marine version? I have never heard of this problem prior to your post; worth contacting the factory to follow up?

Both of them were rated for drinking water. The call to the factory resulted in me being responsible financially to send them in for testing. In the meantime I still needed a hose. I can see some folks are already getting defensive of their decision to use these hoses. This was my experience and I only said to be careful. They are nice to roll up for sure.

Sent from my PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

RoadJunkie

Both of them were rated for drinking water. The call to the factory resulted in me being responsible financially to send them in for testing. In the meantime I still needed a hose. I can see some folks are already getting defensive of their decision to use these hoses. This was my experience and I only said to be careful. They are nice to roll up for sure.

Sent from my PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

Hello, Short. I don’t read defensive notes in the comments, but merely seeking more details that may identify a potential issue with the hose. The problem, as I see it, is that there are so many causes for developing mold and the conditions necessary to promote it’s growth. In general, it’s probably not a bad idea to sanitize ANY potable hose as part of a healthy water process regardless of which hose is used.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
In general, it’s probably not a bad idea to sanitize ANY potable hose as part of a healthy water process regardless of which hose is used.

Probably not a bad idea. I’ve flushed sanitizer into the FW tank but have never left any in the hose(s).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk