Water in basement

orion7144

Whenever we get a good rain I have water puddles on the non door side of my basement. I am having a hard time finding where it is coming in from. I have the wall down on that side since I am getting ready to clean up the cabling and I do not see any leaks in the plumbing. Any thoughts?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Check the basement door for water running down the backside or collecting at the bottom of the frame. It may not be sealing tightly when closed.
Besides the eventual swelling and cracking of the large ODS door on mine, there would be water inside near the opening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garypowell

Mine was coming in as John describes but specifically through the door latch plate (is it called the striker plate?). It was not caulked underneath it and the screws allowed the water to weep in.

orion7144

Thanks I will look at it when I pick it up this week. We are expecting some rain so I might head to the storage lot and check in on it.

carl.swoyer

Whenever we get a good rain I have water puddles on the non door side of my basement. I am having a hard time finding where it is coming in from. I have the wall down on that side since I am getting ready to clean up the cabling and I do not see any leaks in the plumbing. Any thoughts?
At the top of the door frame off door side mine was leaking as well. The factory added one screw to the upper center to stabilize it and resealed it. It worked for me and six and a half years later no leaks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

orion7144

At the top of the door frame off door side mine was leaking as well. The factory added one screw to the upper center to stabilize it and resealed it. It worked for me and six and a half years later no leaks

Are you talking the frame that is connected to the main wall or the frame around the door?

rhodies1

Take a look at the door hinge where it is attached to your unit and ensure it has been caulked.Had this issue and recaulked hinge bracket and no more water intrusion.

carl.swoyer

Are you talking the frame that is connected to the main wall or the frame around the door?
Yes the casing that attaches the door assembly to the camper. On mine you could see it move while opening and closing the door

orion7144

Here is what I found this morning after heavy storms last night. As you can see there are 2 screws missing at the top where the frame attaches to the wall. Well not missing the heads were stripped off. I am assuming that with those not there it caused the frame to sag just enough to let water in. I need to get some caulking and more screws to seal it up.
20180609_105223.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps a picture from a little farther away will help us determine exactly where that area is.

Peace
Dave

carl.swoyer

Here is what I found this morning after heavy storms last night. As you can see there are 2 screws missing at the top where the frame attaches to the wall. Well not missing the heads were stripped off. I am assuming that with those not there it caused the frame to sag just enough to let water in. I need to get some caulking and more screws to seal it up.
View attachment 58066
Looks like the Hinge area.

orion7144

Yes it is at the top of the door hinge area. Screws broken are on the wall not the door side of the hinge. I filled those 2 holes with silicone since the screws were broken off and I could not extract them so I made two new holes.

carl.swoyer

Yes it is at the top of the door hinge area. Screws broken are on the wall not the door side of the hinge. I filled those 2 holes with silicone since the screws were broken off and I could not extract them so I made two new holes.
Hopefully there will be no more water