Water intrusion concern

Hi all,
Our TT has one slide that incorporates the couch / dining area. As other M22 owners will understand, the opposing ends of the slide room proper are on the road side of the TT. The right hand side (looking in from the entrance door) is adjacent to what would be the left side of the queen bed (standing at the edge of the bed looking at the head), the left hand side of the slide butts up against the rear bunk bed units, (pretty much directly across from the galley fridge.) On our initial shakedown cruise we had adverse weather conditions to the extent that there was water intrusion thru the slide mating wall on the right hand side. I attributed this to the fact that it was a driving rain, high wind, and constant for several hours. Lesson learned: 'Retract the slide when the weather is less than cheery.' Sidebar comment: There was no evidence of water intrusion on the left side of the slide mating wall. Fast forward to today. I had family visiting and they used the TT as the guest house here in the driveway. Again, we had weather that was kind of strong, but not to the extent experienced previously, and once again, water intrusion was evident on the right side of the slide mating wall, but not the left. I did verify that the rubber baffles extend and retract with the required slide mechanism movement. Second sidebar comment: There is no evidence of water intrusion in any weather condition when the slide is retracted. If this was a universal problem (intrusion on both sides of the mating wall) I believe I would be talking to my dealer for action, but since it appears to be limited to just the one side I thought it may be advantageous to challenge the Forum first. Does anyone have any similar experiences or potential corrective measures that they are willing to share? I appreciate the input.
Thanks
Scott
2011 M22 Edge TT

GOTTOYS

Bring it in and have the slide adjusted/seals checked. Should never get any water inside...Don

camr

Hi Scott, I think I understand what you are describing. We too had water on the floor at the right side of the slide once, during a wind driven rain storm. What we did from that point in time onward is to make sure that the ODS (slide side) was "levelled" to be slightly lower, making sure that water on the top of the slide flowed away from the trailer wall. We have not experienced water in the trailer since.
Visually check to make sure that all the slide gaskets are properly orientated after deploying the slide. We carry a small step ladder to check the gaskets at setup, and clean branches, etc. off the top of the side at departure.
-Cam

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Scott, a quick and easy method to check the seals are. In the dark, have someone with a flashlight outside move it up and down on the suspect area and see if you can see and light. If you can see light....mark the spot with masking tape and take it to your dealer for repair.