Water Leak BC 3690SL

lisntodd

When we hook up to City water and turn the city facuet on, water leaks from two places from underneth the kitchen slide. I removed the underbelly but all the pipes under there are working fine. The leak must be coming from an area that is above the underbelly but under the floor. It is behind the outside fender. How would I access this area of the RV?

danemayer

Hi lisntodd,

If you have an ice maker or water dispenser in the refrigerator, the water supply line or ice maker solenoid may have frozen and cracked if it wasn't winterized properly. The supply line cutoff valve may be located behind the UDC. If you shut it off and the leak stops, you'll have the problem.

Another possibility is that the fresh tank could be overflowing. The pump is supposed to allow water to flow one direction only. But if grit gets inside the pump, water can flow backwards and city water will overfill the fresh tank. Pages 10 and 11 of the Water Systems Guide explains this and has a drawing as well as a fix. If you drain the fresh tank and it fills by itself, you'll have the problem.

lisntodd

Thank you for the reply. I shut the valve to the icemaker off behind the UDC, still leaks. I then opened the fresh water tank drain, nothing came out. Turned on City Water, still leaks. The water is coming through a hole in the bottom of the floor that the gas line for the stove runs through. So I'm thinking it's the lines that go to the rear kitchen sink, but there is no water inside of the RV and all the pipes I can access via the bottom underbelly do not leak. Maybe I have to pull the fridg. out?

danemayer

If your sink is on the back wall, and the stove is in the off-door-side slide, I can't imagine that the water lines would be routed into that slide, except for the frig - if that's where the frig is located. It's a mystery to me.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Have you taken the wall out in the basement and taken a look?
There may be some leakage there.

Peace
Dave

lisntodd

Well I found out the line that runs through the same hole as the gas line is the ice maker line. I shut the valve for the ice maker off near the water pump, but it's still leaking from that location.

danemayer

Well I found out the line that runs through the same hole as the gas line is the ice maker line. I shut the valve for the ice maker off near the water pump, but it's still leaking from that location.

Maybe it's now just leaking the water that's still in the line, valve, and frig.

MCTalley

If I understand correctly, you're getting water leaking out of the kitchen slide itself (underneath/outside) and that you've determined the leak is probably in the icemaker water line (frost-colored plastic line that runs out to the slide along with the gas and electric lines)?

If that is the case and you are turning off a cutoff valve somewhere behind the UDC and it is still occurring, I suspect the cutoff you are turning off is not the icemaker cutoff. We have a 3690 and went through this same exercise before I happened upon our cutoff.

The cutoff valve for the icemaker water line on our unit is in the cold water line running to the sink under the counter in the back. Trace the blue water line from your kitchen sink faucet towards wherever it comes up from the floor and you may strike gold. Can't guarantee it since they re-routed the plumbing in the newer units with the molded rear cap (ours is the older, flat back unit).

By the way, after water leaks from our icemaker water line on three different occasions in three different locations, we gave up and now just buy ice by the bag.

lisntodd

Found the leak and fixed it. The outside kitchen on the door side was busted at the pipes, water was leaking out there and running across the RV to the off-door side leading me to believe that the leak was over there. 10 mintues, fixed. Thanks for the replies!

donr827

Glad you were able to find your leak. Always satisfaction when you can find and fix a problem cheaply.,,,,Don