water leaking from underbelly

Rickq

I have a 2013 bc ts 3250. While on holidays I noticed water dripping down the fresh water drain tube, I took out some of the screws holding the underbelly up and found the insulation completely soaked. The water was clean and I assumed crack or hole in the tank. I took it to a dealership and they were unable to find any leaks or cracks after filling all tanks and pressuring the system up. Upon returning home and still having water leaking from the under belly I took it to the dealership where I purchased it . They also could not find any leaks. I contacted big country and am hoping they can help me. Anyone else out there had this problem as I am at a loss and frustration setting in
Thanks Rick

danemayer

Hi Rickq,

Does your BC have the Anderson 4-way valve? If so there are a couple of overflow fittings that should go from the top of the fresh tank on each side through the frame where overflow water can drain outside. If the factory left one inside the frame, an overflow would drain into the insulation and coroplast. Worn o-rings in the 4-way valve cartridge could allow water to flow the wrong way and fill the tank while set for City water.

If you don't have the 4-way valve, you may have a problem with the check valve that's built into the water pump. If it's stuck partially open, it will allow water to flow backwards through the system into the fresh tank.

Rickq

coming from under the coroplast

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Dan
Both over flow fitting are protruding through the under belly. Do you know if there is a way I can check your suggestion re the water pump

Thanks Rick

Rickq

Hi PJ
Yes I did tow in the rain when starting on holidays and also on the way home. I have had several trailers and never had a problem towing in the rain before.

Thanks Rick

JJC

retired Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Rick, While I have a different rig, you might check the frame in the area above the tires. I found extra holes in the frame and overly large gaps around the slide rams. These can allow ungated water intrusion above the insulation line of the underbelly particularly when driving through rain. I had this problem twice before finding the rout cause myself. If you have the underbelly dropped you can see the water line marks on the inside of the frame. Hope this helps. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Not just driving thru rain/puddles...a strategically located sprinkler head will do the same thing!
After Don hitched up (thereby changing the slope of the rig) water came pouring out from what I thought was the fresh water drain tube (it was really coming from behind the coroplast), I panicked, Don's calm and explains it all to me, saying it will stop in a little while...yep, it did:)

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Drill some 1/4" holes at the low points in coroplast. Just don't drill too deep. Your problem will be solved.

Rickq

Hi Don And Monica
I am concerned about the possibility of mold if there is water constantly sitting in the underbelly. There was insulation in the underbelly which I had to throw out as it absorbed a good portion of the water.

Thanks Rick

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Bob
I will give that a try . I am concerned about the possibility of mold with water sitting between the coroplast and the lining as the lining seems to hold the moisture as well.

Thanks Rick

Bob&Patty

Rick, mold...not likely....some rust...maybe. The Horn used to fill with water when driving in the rain. Drilled hole's and problem solved.

Gaffer

I never had water get above it when driving in the rain with my 3055 but I have with my 3570.

Rickq

Thanks Bob I will drill the holes as per your suggestion and hopefully this will resolve my issues.

Rick

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Thanks Bob I will drill the holes as per your suggestion and hopefully this will resolve my issues.

Rick

Just be careful not to drill through anything else that may be above the coroplast.

Bob&Patty

Put a piece of small rubber hose on the drill bit and leave only about 1/4" of the bit sticking out.

Rickq

Hi John
The holes in the frame are as you said overly large. Any suggestions on how to fill the holes as I did notice that the rams do not stay in the center of the holes but move from center when closed to one side when the slides open.

JJC

retired Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Rick, i had the Camping World tech seal the ram jack holes with coroplast cutouts and that seemed to do the trick.