Water lines leaking

pokypa

I have heard some of you talking about replacing the clamps on hose clamp with other types of clamps. I am beginning to have a few leaks on my supply lines and it looks like where the clamps are. Can some one tell me my options on replacing the clamps with different ones if that's the best way to go. Thank you for your help in advance.

jnbhobe

I went to Lowes and bought a chinch tool for pex lines and just rechinched all the connections then carry it with me in case someone else has the same problem. Its been used many times.

donr827

Be sure it just not a fitting that needs snugging up before you get to involved. When I did my PDI the person who did the Pre delivery PDI said that he had to tighten two fittings on the UDC. Your trailer is still under warranty so let the dealer deal with it.Don

Majestic

We have returned to our unit to see a new option we didn't realize we had, did anyone know that LM has a beautiful waterfall that comes out of the pin box?

i am looking for some pex plugs in this little place we are at to plug the washer lines off. Does anyone know for sure if the hidden connector on the washer lines are crimped on or threaded?

jnbhobe

Check the top of the cap and the lights for caulking before worrying about the washer lines leaking

wdk450

Just get to a Home Depot and spend the bucks for some Sharkbite (brand) PEX fittings. They simply slip on to the bare PEX tubing without tools, and are guaranteed against leakage for 25 years. There is even an inexpensive removal tool, if you think you might need that.

dave10a

I re-plumed much of my plumbing in the basement with shrink type PEX that is a little expensive but worth it if you are in freezing areas. While doing that upgrade I determined that many of the cinch PEX connection done at the factory were improperly crimped. Evidently the factory does not pay much attention to detail and calibration of their PEX tools. To over-come that problem, I re-crimped the cinch connection in places I did not replace with the shrink stuff. If and when those connections leak I will replace them with brass crimp fittings or the shrink PEX. Fortunately I have not had a leak since and do not expect any in the future. Remember traveling causes a lot of vibration on stuff and one would think RV manufacturers would understand that aspect.

Majestic

No rain here, sunny and hot. I have all the parts at home to redo the water lines to my standards but was wondering if that fitting was screwed on or crimped.

i have now cut the lines and plugged them for now