water monitor problem

gdog

gdog
Just purchased a 2009 Bighorn 3055. What a joy. However, like anything, there will always be little things. I just noticed today that my monitor panel for fresh water registers empty, when it is full. Last night, although it was full, it only registered 1/4 full. Any ideas? It did register full our first trip. Being that it is the fresh water I would not think anything would be interfering with the contacts.
gdog

Shadowchek

Your tank may not be full. Bighorns have been known to occasionaly have issues with not filling properly due to improperly run or plugged vent lines. I know if I fill mine to fast it will start to overflow out of my vent hose making me think it is full when it is not. I just blow the vent tube out to clear it then fill more slowly. That is the first thing I would check. Do a search there are lots of posts on this subject including dirty sensors and bad monitor panels but it sounds like your panel is ok. your Problem is probably that your tank isn't actually full.

Greg

gdog

gdog
Thanks for the response, Greg. You were bang on. After I blew some air into the vent tube everything seemed to go well. Started to fill again, but at a slower volume.
gdog

Shadowchek

No Problem. Somewhere down the road I will probably rerun my vent line but I have been working on various mods for a while and have to draw the line somewhere and as long as I fill it slow leaving room for air to escape it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Greg