Water problems AGAIN??

aatauses

HI everyone, we have a BH 3670--2010. About every two weeks we have a water leak. I usually find it in the basement and this appears??? to be the cause. The water leak is coming from the area near the city inlet. I then disconnect the hose, remove the screen, and push in on the pressure/back flow preventor---the water usually shoots 10-15 feet with all the pressure. I then replace the pressure/back flow preventor with a new one (tried using the same one but that never worked) and then I will be good for another two weeks. Any suggestions???
Also, on my backflush I do not have a pressure/backflow preventer at the hose connection?? should I have one there??
thanks
al

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Probably wouldn't hurt to have a back flow preventer on the tank flush connection. But, with the vacuum breaker on that line high up in the wall behind the commode, it should just dump inside your basement if it backflows from the tank. Should being the operative word here.

aatauses

I have a presure regulator on my incoming water---a WATS 263 and have it set for 40-42#, but still have the above described issues every two weeks or so.
I also noticed today while changing the pressure/back flow preventer that when it was completely disconnectd there was still water flowing out my city input, not a lot of pressure but a pretty steady drip---the pump was off.
Suggestions?
al

branson4020

Icantre Member
IMHO, you are wasting your time messing with the check valve in your city water inlet. You have a high quality regulator set to a reasonable pressure. I'd look to the plumbing connections behind the UDC.

Bobby A

I had those pesky small leaks for months, couldn't really pin point where it was coming from either. So I used some white paper towel or T/P would work also, and rapped 1 line at a time until I finally found where the leak was coming from, mine also was in the city water inlet BEHIND the UDC. You will know when the paper is wet.

Last edited: