Water Softener System

JMildfelt

As a full timer you run into a lot of strange things and some times the water you hook up to can really damage things inside your rig. When we are not on the go we stay in one place we just love, but the water is somewhat to be desired. So when we are stationary we have a company bring us a softening system we purchase on a monthly basis. Not cheap but worth it in the long run. But when we are on the go, I install a smaller version which uses salt as a brine and a resin to do the job. Easy to service and should last for a long time before the resin needs replacement which is available from the selling dealer of the system. Of course it needs more attention and recharging (easy to do) on a bi-weekly schedule.

I just wanted to post my new water system that I made which includes a pre-filter for rust and sediments, a salt water softener (blue container) and a post-filter for heavy metals and other harmful stuff. I have installed this due to very hard water in the area where we hang out the most. You know the lime and calcium deposits on your water outlets. And mostly for my washer/dryer combo unit. Very easy to install and make sure you have no leaks. Wife is happy as can be when she takes a shower.

I hope that this will help out someone who has the same water condition.

2013 Silverado HD 2500 Diesel
2012 Heartland Bighorn
John Mildfelt
Santa Paula, Ca.

Attachments

• 20170618_171444.jpg
    20170618_171444.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 110

mlpeloquin

I have the larger version of the water softener. My filters are two sets of a sediment filter and a sediment with charcoal filter. The two sets are in parallel to allow greater flow and six months of use. These are stored in the storage compartment, but are setup outside. In the UDC I have a UV filter that makes pathogens inert or kills them outright. My wife has lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM). The only approved treatment is to suppress her immune system. In some it slows the progression down, others it has stopped the progression, others it has no effect, and others cannot tolerate the immune suppressant. After five years hers has only slowed way down, but her lung capacity is still declining only very slowly. She would not be alive without it though. I need the storage opening to store and remove all our stuff, so outside storage has been selected, but your picture makes me want to revisit this again. I am glad you have posted your setup. Obviously I will have to mount the filters in the storage area with the water softener. A future project.