We have a chance to upgrade, but should we?

sjandbj

i know this camper inside and out. What is so much better about these new ones?

I would think long and hard before upgrading. Unless it is going to provide something that you cannot live without or cannot add to your present rig it may not be worth the expense. We just purchased a new Big Country after owning our last rig for over 12 years. I would have kept it but getting the parts was getting harder to find and we were looking for something we can keep for another 10 years. I find that upgrading and installing things like solar and modifications to make it better than it is when it came new to be the challenge and a lot of fun. I always like new but when i finish with all that I have planned for my rig I would put it up against even a LM365. The only difference is about 30,000 dollars. Good luck in making your decision.
Regards,
Steve

donr827

Although it's a 2014 it could have been sitting at the dealer for up to 2 years. Would check it over very carefully. Sitting a trailer for 2 years is not good for it in my opinion.
Don

Bones

Currently we have a 2009 Sundance 3300SK, found a new 2014 Big Horn 3570RS. We can afford the payments, but...............

I'll throw something in there about your truck. Will the new camper overload your current tow vehicle

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We upgraded about three months ago . . .

From a 2013 Heartland Trail Runner bumper pull to a 2015 Heartland Prowler 5th-wheel.

We didn't really want or need to upgrade, and planned on keeping the Trail Runner for at least 10 years.

But we had some serious suspension issues with the Trail Runner, and after getting it fixed decided to trade it in while we could get the best value out of it.

It sold two days after the dealer put it out on the lot.

TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095052920.jpg TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095153310.jpg SunCityRV-IMG_20150122_173556536.jpg NewProwler-P1000041.jpg ProwlerAtArbys2015-P1000174.jpg ProwlerAtMountaindale2015-P1000145.jpg

Look at the first photo (after repair) and third photo (before repair) and notice how the trailer is sitting low before repair.

sengli

The over all question you would have to ask, is.... would the new RV make your camping experience that much better than your current coach. Long after the thrill of the buy is over, those payments will continue.

Tundra2084

The question is..Do you WANT to upgrade and do you like the newer fiver more than your current one? If the tow truck can tow it safely and you can afford the payments and WANT the new unit..GO FOR IT.

Last edited:

arisce

Your question: is it worth getting a new one compared to the old? Or are the newer ones that much more improved. In our case it was. We went from a 2006 bighorn to a 2016 bighorn. What a difference. Like night and day. Every area was better. But that was the bighorn line. I cannot vouch for Sundance. Sundance was their 4th brand introduced after Landmark, Bighorn and Cyclone. Seriously study the improvements and IF they really are better then go for it. The only caveat the unit you are looking is a 2014. Compare that year with a 2016 and see if there is still more improvements. Good luck.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Glad to hear that you two like your new rig. Hope to get to see it in person some day. Glad that we are still friends Bill. LOL

arisce

Glad to hear that you two like your new rig. Hope to get to see it in person some day. Glad that we are still friends Bill. LOL
Thanks Marc. We will be going through Ohio next year and hope to see you at a rally. Now that our trailer is shorter perhaps we can boondock at your place for a week or two.
Karen
P.S. What makes you think we are STiLL friends. May your children and their children return to the nest soon. William

Last edited: