We're retiring!

piet10

Linda and I are finally retiring June 4 and 6! We have had our Greystone 29MK for two summers now, and have had great fun with it. But we found that work was getting in the way of our fun. So we each put in our notice a few months ago, and the great day is approaching. For our first trip we will be heading to the Southwest, where we have had such fun camping as kids and with our kids in our Coleman tent trailer. Now it's time to travel in a bit more luxury. Our only schedule is to stop at Estes Park to visit our daughter's in-laws. After that we will just wander with no itinerary or schedule. When we decide it's time to come back we'll just turn around and come home until the wanderlust hits again. We are planning an Alaska trip next summer. We last went there on a two month honeymoon 41 years ago, camping every night in a tent with our Jeep except 4 nights in a hotel. Lots more places to see in this great country of ours!

After two years on this forum and learning so much, we are looking forward to meeting some of you in person. We'll be signing up for the North Central rally in Amana (went there last fall and had a great time) and hopefully for the Minnesota rally in Two Harbors.

We are so excited that this phase of our lives that we have planned for so long is finally here! Hope to meet some of you in the campground!

Al and Linda Swanson
HOC #2260

jimtoo

Hi Al and Linda,

Great news. Hope you make lots of wonderful memories in your travels. Make all the rallies you can and meet all the best folks.

Travel safe and have fun seeing this wonderful country we live in.

Jim M

Sunset4k

Al & Linda

Congratulations... What a wonderful achievement! We retired 2 years ago and we have never looked back. Enjoy your travels.. There is so much to see in this beautiful country. If you ever get to North Texas give us a shout!!

olcoon

Don't do it! Retirement isn't what it's cracked up to be!!! You have no goals, you wake up in the morning at the same time you went to work, & think...I don't have to go to work, I'm going to sleep in. Then you'll get to the point where you are doing yard work or whatever, & say I'm going to take a break & if I don't get done today I'll finish tomorrow. Next thing you know you'll get to the point that you think, this cold winter weather is for the birds, I'm heading South, and the next thing you know you are in Texas, Arizona, or Florida hanging out with a bunch of other retirees! Congratulations, we've been retired 4 years, and LOVE it!!!