Wet carpet in front of stove.

JimHorak

Our 2009 3250TS BC has a leak that I can not figure out the cause. The carpet strip in front of the stove is wet after a short rain. I pulled the bottom drawers out and the carpet is dry as a bone. The rest of the slide is dry. Has anyone had a similar problem or better yet can anyone tell me how the carpet is getting wet just in the one place

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Water leaks are usually pretty difficult to track down.
But there are a couple of the usual suspects.

Do You have an ice maker in your refrigerator? The 1/4 inch water feed lines can and do get pinhole leaks.
If you do have the ice maker try turning off the supply for a while or closely inspect every inch of the line.

Another thing to check is the refrigerator condensate drain line. It is white plastic that turns brittle over time and they are also prone to breakage.
Look for that to be exiting the lower ventilation door on the outside of your slide. Remove the access panel and inspect that drain line.

If you get the water only during rain I would recommend that you re-caulk the window if there is one in that slide. Also inspect all caulk around the refer vents as well as the cooking vent over the stove.

Come back and let us know what you find.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If your stove is in a slide....have you been pulling in the rain?? If so, check all the bottom slide seals. With the slide out can you see any outside light at the bottom??