wet floors under slides

Trap

Ray make sure you put it on your pdi list of things to check, if not their have them do it right away

Trap

ChopperBill

nscaler2 said:
After spending the better part of the day scooting around under our 3055 with the slides extended, I think I have found what may be part of the wet floor problems. Under the entertainment slide out, there is a portion of the frame where the black plastic material, that they use to warp the entire frame before they start to install the floor, is exposed. This material was full of cracks. Some as long as a foot. The stuff seems to be similar to the material used in the plastic tarps that they sell for covering boats. We have a sailboat that I cover with this stuff. It has to be replaced every year. It just doesn't hold up long, it too cracks and separates but it's cheap. Looks like heartland really cut a corner here. Patched ours up with some duct tape. Should last for a while. Now that I know causes it I guess I can fix it every once in a while. It's really no fun owning something that cost so much that is built so poorly.:mad:

Knowing that our trip coming up, our second since our purchase, may be in in-climate weather I got under the entertainment slide and took a look see. There were several tears in that cheap plastic and I could see insulation under it. I know water would migrate there from the tires. I think the ole rubber tire tube might be a fix. I did the duct tape deal to get through our trip but I sure ain't happy! When we get back it will be ANOTHER trip to the dealer! :rolleyes:

jpmorgan37

I had (have) the problem on my Grand Canyon. I was able to solve the most of it by relocating the black seal that contacts the underside of the slide floor and runs the full length of the bottom of the slide. When my slide was in. the seal didn't contact the floor and water would be thrown up by the tires and flood the inside floor. By relocating the seal where it would contact the bottom of the slide floor, that stopped 95% of the problem. Now the front corner where the slide seal stops, I have filled with silicone sealer and still, get some when driving through very heavy rain.

John

svd

Kerry,
Did you ever get the new "D" slide seals and corner blocks? If so, did it solve the water problems? Thanks