2014 xlt285ts slides leaking

Alcan

Hello, my opposing living room slides are allowing water to come up from the wheel wells and soak my living room floor,when driving over wet roads. I reported it to my dealership while under warranty and they thought it was an anomaly due to the fact I drove thru heavy rain in florida. We'll now I'm in alaska and it duplicated in a 30 minute shower.
took it to the repair dealer, they called heartland with the fix and heartland said it seemed excessive. Rerouting the wire bundles so the slide can seal properly. The cost does seem excessive $1500 or more, but if this had been fixed correctly the first time in the lower 48, then we wouldn't be going thru this right now!
anyway calling heartland with the pictures tomorrow, sure would be nice to get this fixed, so I can resume my summer vacation?
anyone else having this issue, it's fine while stationary. Just can't drive on wet roads :(

Alcan

Update: heartland approved 5 hours of labor for the fix, that seemed fair to me.
the repair facility in anchorage alaska, required 13 hours- gimme a break.
welcome to alaska pricing, rediculous!
gonna have to get it fixed back home, hope it doesn't rain on the way back- yea right!

jb515

Update: heartland approved 5 hours of labor for the fix, that seemed fair to me.
the repair facility in anchorage alaska, required 13 hours- gimme a break.
welcome to alaska pricing, rediculous!
gonna have to get it fixed back home, hope it doesn't rain on the way back- yea right!

Do you feel the rerouting stopped the leak or are you like us and just NEVER drive in the rain due to the slide leak? Thanks.

Alcan

Update: made it back home. My local RV dealer help look it over.
turns out a friend noticed the two slides looked too different. That's when I realized there was a 8 to 10 foot seal missing, the railing was also the wrong one and a wiper seal was missing wow....
dealership ordered all the parts, all is well now. No idea how that got so messed up?
so it had nothing to do with what the dealership in alaska had wanted to do.