What are you pulling your Bighorn with...

rbfdclark

Were on our 3rd F350 CC DRW Powerstroke... 1st was a 2000 7.3L, 2nd was a 2005 6.0L, our new truck is a 2012 6.7L PSD. The first two trucks were good vehicles, 145,000 miles on the 1st, 86,000 on the 2nd, and just 6000 on the newest. The 2012 I have to say is AWESOME... the new version diesels are quite and powerful... I've only towed one time with it so far, but now with the purchase of our new 3685RL, were looking for many, many trips!!!

Westwind

Sig says it! I also have made no changes to truck, have towed a total of about 1900 miles so far and no complaints, truck and trailer are doing terrific, would love a larger fuel tank but getting out every 190 miles or so is good for me.

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
Its in my signature also, but here it is.
Bighorn 3410RE
2005 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

Rmcgrath53

Bob i have what is in my sig. ?If it was my money and your rig I think I would spend a couple thousand on the egr andwhat ever else would fix your 6.0 ? then I would get exhaust brake and add a leaf all around. then go with the morerryde disc brakes.If you are not chiped I would add that along with a larger exhaust. There you go I just spent close to 10 grand alot less than the 60k for a new one

caissiel

I tow with the TV in the signiture. The BC is similar.
The 6.0L has been great. The MAX ENERGY realy gives it life, comparable to the 6.7L. With the stick I just love it in the hills.
A proper light coolant flush with Dawn Dish Soap and ELC coolant refill will take it to a great performer stage. EGR delete will become optional. My secret is out, but it has been successful for my friend's 6.0L.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Wow!!! talk about brought back to life.... four years old and still going

Here's ours

Attachments

• ford.jpg
    ford.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 63
Hi there Westwind, just wondering. Do you know the rear axle rating for your Sierra, also what is your pin weight on the 3070? My reason is I've ordered a 3185 and on the brochures these 2 rv are real close in weights. I have a F250 sd diesel 2008 that I plan on using' It does great on my current one which is a 37 ft Cedar Creek.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Same as what I though Dave. This tells you that some are going back to our old threads and commenting.

This is the reason I suggested that threads older than say 2 years should be locked and if someone wants to post about it they can start a new thread.

Thanks to those that responded. I have made many changes to my Bighorn and to my 06 F250. I have 147k miles on the F250 and it has an engine warranty to 200k. Will probably do the EGR Block in the near future, depending on the finances. It is intresting that some are still intrested in my Thread..

BC

TXBobcat

Fulltime
FloridaRVers
If you are happy with your F250 pulling the Cedar Creek you should be about the same. My 3400RE is 38ft long and I pull it with my 06 F250, however I did put disk breaks on the BH and Independent suspension which helps a lot.

BC

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Same as what I though Dave. This tells you that some are going back to our old threads and commenting.

This is the reason I suggested that threads older than say 2 years should be locked and if someone wants to post about it they can start a new thread.

Thanks to those that responded. I have made many changes to my Bighorn and to my 06 F250. I have 147k miles on the F250 and it has an engine warranty to 200k. Will probably do the EGR Block in the near future, depending on the finances. It is intresting that some are still intrested in my Thread..

BC

I think you need to look at this from a different angle Bob. Maybe consider your threads as timeless classics:D

Corkey

I have a 2012 3670RL that I pull with a 2003 GMC 2500HD SWB 6.7 Diesel and have no issues. I do watch my weight since I am right at my pin box weight.

Glad to hear that you are having no issues. I have on order the 3185RE and plan on using my F250 SD diesel. I'm a little concerned about pin weight but won't know until it's delivered. I am currently pulling a 37ft cedar creek without any probs. FloridaRVers Wayne & Pat

Thanks. that makes me feel a little better. The F250 SD diesel is a workhorse and I really like it, but thinking about the F350 now. Wayne

caissiel

The heartland will be much easier to pull.
Keep us informed as one of my friend has a similar cedar creek unit and my BC seam to pull easier due to the front design.

PSF513

If I had just been born rich (instead of beautiful [lost out on both accounts]), I could afford one of thos dually's. Since that did not happen, I pull my BH with a 2008 F250 w/ 6.4 L turbo diesel. Pulls like a champ. No issues, even going through the mountains.

jnbhobe

I just looked and since this thread started I've changed trucks to the one in my signature. It was deffinently a change for the good, pulls REALLY good.

jtw

We have a 2012 Chev 2500HD gas engine to tow our 3685. It does great just a little slow on mountain passes.

rick_debbie_gallant

started out pulling with a 2009, Dodge Ram 2500 with the 6.7. Pulled great, lots op power and zero problems. However I feel more secure towing with our currant 2008, Dodge Ram 3500 dually. just seems more stable when the cross winds hit.