What are you pulling your Bighorn with...

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have pulled my BH 3670 with a '06 Ram 3500 longbed, 5.9 Cummins, srw over 25k miles.
I did add airbags and an exhaust brake.

Trace

RobP

Ok Guys and Gals, my wife and i are looking to go fulltime possibly in Feb (newbies by the way). We really like the Bighorn 3875 FB, my concern is the tow rig. 2011 Ford F350 4x4 Lariat CC shortbed. It's rated at 15800 but the bighorn is 16000 gross with a pin weight of 3010. My max payload (according to the sticker on the door) is 3500. Are we pushing it too close?? What should we do??

jimtoo

Hi RobP,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get some more opinions soon. You will be pushing it. Hang in there and join us and have fun..

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

MTPockets

Ok Guys and Gals, my wife and i are looking to go fulltime possibly in Feb (newbies by the way). We really like the Bighorn 3875 FB, my concern is the tow rig. 2011 Ford F350 4x4 Lariat CC shortbed. It's rated at 15800 but the bighorn is 16000 gross with a pin weight of 3010. My max payload (according to the sticker on the door) is 3500. Are we pushing it too close?? What should we do??
Well, you have the same truck I used to have. You have to add weight of people, hitch, and Amy other gear to that pin weight, and yes you will be over. My pin weight fully loaded ready to travel is 3400 lbs. I have another 1500 lbs in the truck that includes 2 people, tools, hitch, etc. A lot of people tow over the door post limit and don't seem to mind. I minded, so I got a dual rear wheel. Feel much better.