What did you do to your camper today?

jrdelung

Jim:

Congrats on the new Ram! You are going to love it!!!!
Ready to roll...

558ec48fb9f49c71b1634b2c529d746a.jpg

f29acaf0b811a31163c6dcb64bbd8d07.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

danemayer

Ready to roll...
f29acaf0b811a31163c6dcb64bbd8d07.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jim,

In this picture, the trailer seems to be riding nose high by a significant amount. We're having a debate on another thread about to what extent this might cause damage to the suspension because of weight being shifted to the rear axle. You might want to see if you can adjust the hitch and/or pin box to get the nose level. Measure the distance between frame and ground at front and back on a level surface.

mlpeloquin

Ours is noise high. but not that much. We had ours weighted at Goshen rally and then again at the Los Vegas rally. Fully loaded the rear is almost at max weight. I would bring it to a CAT scale and weigh the rear axle and front axle to make sure. Also you need to measure the height! That is one thing you really need to know.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Actually yesterday . . . put the slides in for the winter!

Everything else in the Prowler has been winterized for about a month.

jbeletti

Actually yesterday . . . put the slides in for the winter!

Everything else in the Prowler has been winterized for about a month.

Like minded here - put the slides in earlier in the week as the winds picked up and some frizzle and then snow came.

Jim_Hull

Finally got around to installing our Splendide stackables.

IMG_0912-rotated.jpg

I am am not sure why the picture is not turned correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

SNOKING

Got up this morning and the first I did my black tank dump and flush. Then I fired up the truck and hooked it up to the trailer so I could install my new snappads. While doing that I use a turkey baster to remove a quart of hydraulic fluid from the level up and put in the Torco fork oil I bought a while back. Did half and cycled the system and put the second half in. That all went well, I then moved on to change the oil in the RAM. 20450 miles and third oil change. I hate the RAM 6 Months, 15k OR 500 hours which ever comes first. I hit the 6 months way before the other two.

I have not heard a pop out of the jacks all day!!!! It had been sounding like the 4th of July. Chris

SNOKING

Got up this morning and the first I did my black tank dump and flush. Then I fired up the truck and hooked it up to the trailer so I could install my new snappads. While doing that I use a turkey baster to remove a quart of hydraulic fluid from the level up and put in the Torco fork oil I bought a while back. Did half and cycled the system and put the second half in. That all went well, I then moved on to change the oil in the RAM. 20450 miles and third oil change. I hate the RAM 6 Months, 15k OR 500 hours which ever comes first. I hit the 6 months way before the other two.

I have not heard a pop out of the jacks all day!!!! It had been sounding like the 4th of July. Chris

Well almost 24 hours on the snappads and I do not know if it is a placebo effect or not. However the trailer feels different in a good way. As a back ground we are snowbirding in an Arizona RV Resort on really hard ground with grave on top of it. We were gifted three 12"x12"x2+2=4" concrete blocks which are place at three jacks that had to extend a lot to reach the ground.

Still have not heard any popping in the landing gear. I did two things at the same time, so have no real way to pin point just what changed what. Chris

KrazyKampers

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks. Obviously not the first or only one to add this mod. I replaced the faux backsplash in the 3010 with sticky tiles so it was just a matter of time until I did this one. Certainly adds some color and dimension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lyle, is there any special prep to the wall before installing the tiles?

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Lyle, is there any special prep to the wall before installing the tiles?

Not really. Since ours is behind the cook top I made sure it was clean and dry, then wiped it down with an alcohol soaked rag.
Once those tiles stick they stick so dry fit them before actual application.

KrazyKampers

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-Retired
Not really. Since ours is behind the cook top I made sure it was clean and dry, then wiped it down with an alcohol soaked rag.
Once those tiles stick they stick so dry fit them before actual application.

Thanks for the info.!

SNOKING

Wife bought this a Ross yesterday. Top flips over for Ottoman. Storage inside. We had a small square one and she wanted this larger one. It can line up with the island when the slides are in. Chris

jrdelung

Jim,

In this picture, the trailer seems to be riding nose high by a significant amount. We're having a debate on another thread about to what extent this might cause damage to the suspension because of weight being shifted to the rear axle. You might want to see if you can adjust the hitch and/or pin box to get the nose level. Measure the distance between frame and ground at front and back on a level surface.
Yep... too high. This was the first time the trailer was hooked to the brand new RAM 3500 4x4, and I took pictures and measurements. I will drop the hitch a couple levels prior to the next connection.

anjoro

Wife bought this a Ross yesterday. Top flips over for Ottoman. Storage inside. We had a small square one and she wanted this larger one. It can line up with the island when the slides are in. Chris

Looks really nice and more storage lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

yport

Our Big Horn is currently at Lazy Days in Tampa ... installing all new carpeting throughout for a fresh new look. The cheaper loop carpeting that came with it does not hold up to a Shepherd's toe nail catching in the loops and pulling! So, higher grade cut pile carpet it is :)

Also have them waxing that baby up for us. Will be heading back south after Christmas to pick it up ... and spend the winter on the FL west coast :cool:

anjoro

Backsplash

Andy put up this really nice, light backsplash. It has a very thin layer of quartz. I love the look. Darn, can't figure out how to post a picture.

danemayer

Re: Backsplash

Andy put up this really nice, light backsplash. It has a very thin layer of quartz. I love the look. Darn, can't figure out how to post a picture.
Press the INSERT IMAGE icon as shown here. Then FROM COMPUTER / CHOOSE FILE / UPLOAD FILE.
While in edit mode, you can double click on the uploaded image to get a menu that will allow you to resize it.

insert image.jpg

Attachments

• Add picture.jpg
    Add picture.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 43