What did you do to your camper today?

porthole

Retired
CO detector would not stop beeping, so I splurged on a Nest smoke-CO detector combo. Figured it was worth it for the precious cargo that gets left behind frequently.
Although, the connectivity will depend largely on my wifi ranger stuff that is way less then ideal.

Bones

CO detector would not stop beeping, so I splurged on a Nest smoke-CO detector combo. Figured it was worth it for the precious cargo that gets left behind frequently.
Although, the connectivity will depend largely on my wifi ranger stuff that is way less then ideal.

I have them and they are nice. It's time for my monthly test where I push the button

DougS

Doug S
I noticed the newer units come now have twice as many AC vents and returns then my 2016 BH. Today I installed two new vents and returns in my RV. It seems to me the air flow is so much better.

Nuclearcowboy

Installed a swing out side mounted TV bracket in the basement storage area (simple) and replaced the cheap ice maker water supply line with a stainless steel braided line (an absolute pain in the behind to do).

srcooke

Installed a reverse osmosis filter in the compartment with the hot water heater and ran water lines from the kitchen island where the refrigerator feeds. Nice clean ice and drinking water. Not installing in the kitchen island made my wife happy.

jimtoo

Installed a reverse osmosis filter in the compartment with the hot water heater and ran water lines from the kitchen island where the refrigerator feeds. Nice clean ice and drinking water. Not installing in the kitchen island made my wife happy.

Hi srcooke,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
f316c5be44aade61ed306002bfdbea08.jpg

Added a second "sewer parts" tube.

Also, if you happen to break the door hinge, they do sell replacement doors. Very easy to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

esscobra

installed tv in bedroom with soundbar/subwoofer setup. Made backer board and mounted surge protector to it and installed mor-ryde locking exending swivel mount

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 89
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 85
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 84
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 87
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 82

MCTalley

Finished up the extra storage cabinet I had started a couple months ago. Bought a piece of matching filler board from Home Depot and cut it down to four pieces. Used metal corner braces to hold it together and to hold it to the bottom of the cabinet. Redneck engineering (i.e. campground woodshop) at its best.

i-2Xwgfs9-L.jpg

Took my can of stain (that matches our coach's woodwork almost perfectly) and touched up the cut ends of the board to help them blend in better.

i-LZ8RKpx-L.jpg

I had to move a light switch on the end of the island from the left side to the right side. It controls the LED strip mounted under the lip of the island countertop. I leveled up the cabinet to sit flush with the edge of the island and ran some screws from inside through the back into the bracing inside the island to hold it in place. Here are the cabinet's residents:

i-M2w5mzS-XL.jpg

And here is the finished product. Our IKEA cutting board serves as the "countertop" since the cabinet sits lower than the island base cabinets (this cabinet is technically a kitchen wall cabinet, so it's a bit shorter).

i-Hs4twzp-L.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Finished up the extra storage cabinet I had started a couple months ago. Bought a piece of matching filler board from Home Depot and cut it down to four pieces. Used metal corner braces to hold it together and to hold it to the bottom of the cabinet. Redneck engineering (i.e. campground woodshop) at its best.

i-2Xwgfs9-L.jpg

Took my can of stain (that matches our coach's woodwork almost perfectly) and touched up the cut ends of the board to help them blend in better.

i-LZ8RKpx-L.jpg

I had to move a light switch on the end of the island from the left side to the right side. It controls the LED strip mounted under the lip of the island countertop. I leveled up the cabinet to sit flush with the edge of the island and ran some screws from inside through the back into the bracing inside the island to hold it in place. Here are the cabinet's residents:

i-M2w5mzS-XL.jpg

And here is the finished product. Our IKEA cutting board serves as the "countertop" since the cabinet sits lower than the island base cabinets (this cabinet is technically a kitchen wall cabinet, so it's a bit shorter).

i-Hs4twzp-L.jpg

Looks good, Malcolm! Wonder if you could get a piece of countertop for Heartland to match?

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Reattached the bottom of a kitchen cabinet drawer. Had reinforced several upon ownership knowing what was going to ride where. This drawer wasn't one of them. Panel at the drawer front had one lousy staple...Seriously, Amish built maybe but not quality workmanship!!!!

MCTalley

Reattached the bottom of a kitchen cabinet drawer. Had reinforced several upon ownership knowing what was going to ride where. This drawer wasn't one of them. Panel at the drawer front had one lousy staple...Seriously, Amish built maybe but not quality workmanship!!!!

Actually, if you look at a Heartland brochure and read carefully, you'll find that the Amish-made component is only the front facings of the drawers/cabinets.

Still, I have a whole section in my box of extra hardware that contains little brad nails that I use whenever a drawer bottom starts falling out.

justafordguy

When I have re-attached the bottom of drawers in ours I try to use glue and brads/staples. The staples just hold it while the glue is drying but the glue does a much better job after that.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Reattached the bottom of a kitchen cabinet drawer. Had reinforced several upon ownership knowing what was going to ride where. This drawer wasn't one of them. Panel at the drawer front had one lousy staple...Seriously, Amish built maybe but not quality workmanship!!!

You mean like this?

ProwlerDrawerFix-P5060772.jpg

Just fixed this one last Saturday morning down at the Alto, NM HOC Rally.

This is the second one I've had to fix in the Prowler and will probably look at all the others so we don't get that 'drawer won't close all the way' issue.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Fortunately, we have not had any drawers or cabinets fall apart in the almost 9 years we've had the BH. Did manage to break a door once by accident opening a slide and not checking first, but was able to repair it myself. If any of the drawers do fail, I'll rebuild them with 1/2" Baltic birch sides and 1/4" plywood bottoms (dadoed in). Drawer boxes are pretty simple to make, especially if you have a garage full of woodworking tools.

On a different note, we pulled the BH up to our seasonal site this past Monday and came back home. Bright, sunny day with comfortable temps. Got it pretty much set up and ready for us to "move in" on the 14th (we'll stay until the end of the month). Did seem to notice it pulled a bit smoother, too. Could be the new Sailun S637's I had mounted and balanced. I'll be replacing the doors for the battery and propane compartments once the ones I bought from Jon Holbert arrive. I did the two larger ones last year and they are looking fine.

rjr6150

IMG_1735.jpg
Thanks to my wonderful wife's assistance. Our Key Largo had been washed, Rejex applied, and buffed all in one day. Ready to hit the road next Friday.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Removed the electric fireplace, took it into the house and used the kitchen island as a work bench. Replaced the blower motor and heating element, but of course it took a couple of trips to the hardware store for parts the fireplace company did not send me. Tested it out on the back patio with a garden hose ready just in case, but it was not needed as the new blower and heater seemed to work perfectly and the dog seems amazed that I did not burn the house down. Will probably get it reinstalled on Thursday or Friday and be ready for summer weather.

[George: You need to be careful...as the use of a Garden Hose for an Electrical fire is a "Bad" idea...don't want your hair to curl like mine! Great to see you at the last Rally....Safe Travels.]

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thursday I installed 2 sewer hose holders underneath the rig and was sore for two days from it. Still have some new awning leds to install and my blue led step lights along with keyless entry keypad membrane to install before June.