What did you do to your camper today?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Not actually rig work, but sort of. Got our bikes cleaned up and applied new chain oil/lube, ready to ride around Elkhart Fairgrounds! Still need to order new tubes for the tires and new seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tessa

make sure to check out the Pumpkin Vine trail- it's a nice ride and you get to it from the fairgrounds

Chris571

I made a much more convenient spot for the tables to be stored. The spot from factory above on the top bed is a pain. Plus if there's bikes in the back its almost impossible to get the tables down.
I mounted a 1" aluminum c Chanel 30" long to the floor.
In toy hauler area of my 4250.
Where the over hang is inside from the outside patio.
The 2 small tables fit under there. The large tabl is 1" to high. Jezz you would thing someone at heartland would have seen this for a perfect storage option.
So the large table sits in the channel and fits just in front of the over hang. I have 2 straps to hold it in place.
We should use the table more often now.
Chris
2017 4250
ccs racer #571

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well, today was much like many of the rv projects we tackle, 3 times longer than it should have taken and at least 2 runs to a store to get parts. ;)

We were working to finish install of our inverter in the basement. We had already mounted the inverter, so it was going to just be drilling a hole and running cables. ((Riiight)).
We had to run to the store for screws to mount the cutoff switch to the wall. This system was in our former trailer, so the switch was mounted differently.

Once in the front compartment ready to mess with the batteries, we decided to also replace the 50amp breaker that we bought a few weeks ago. That went smooth. (Yay!)

Upon messing with the batteries, we discovered one that had liquid around the cap.

Replacing the batteries with bigger AGM batteries was "on our list", so we decided to go ahead with that plan-- which meant an hour drive into Abilene to Sam's. Originally, they only had one in stock. So I had scoped out 2 at a Ft. Worth store. (1.5 hours away.) today, I checked again online, and found the Ft.Worth store had only one, and Abilene had 3! So I hit the road to get them, taking one of our current batteries (the one with liquid on top) to turn in. Then on to find new battery boxes or storage box. (Sigh) all boxes previously scoped were too small. I finally found two group 31 battery boxes at Wal Mart. (Score!)

So upon arriving home, Tony had decided to postpone the whole project until another day because I wasn't going to get back it time with enough daylight left. He repacked the basement, managing to get our bikes in there. (Whoo hoo!)

Will post pics when we actually complete something. LOL!

Bones

Over the weekend, I installed the MorRyde SRE4000 Suspension system on my Cyclone 3010. Except for braking off a grease zerk, and getting a wrong part for the cross member, it was not too difficult. The grease zerk was my fault. I'll have to replace one of the wet bolts. I'm sure MorRyde will fix me up on the cross member.

View attachment 50610

I also installed the MorRyde Rubber Pin Box in place of the Lippert 1621HD that came standard on my Cyclone. I like it alot, except that I can't position the RPB in the highest set of holes like I could for the Lippert. This adds approximately 1-1/2" to the height of the nose of the camper. My highest point is 13'-2" (just measured it after installing the RPB and the SRE4000, and the difference in height from the front of the camper to the back is 2" (26" to skirt in front, and 24" to skirt in back). I'd like to get level, but I don't think I'm too far off of level at this point.

Is there any way you can take a measurement like this?

IMG_20170412_162241.jpg

MCTalley

Since replacing our RV stereo with a separate home receiver, and replacing the small built-in speakers with a pair of bookshelf speakers, we've been looking at that dead spot between the counter-top and the fireplace on our entertainment center for quite a while. I finally started tearout of the stereo and speakers and removed a bit of wood to create a full-width, five inch high opening.

Today we picked up all the lumber and materials to make a pullout drawer to fill the space. We put a piano hinge along the front so the front face can flip down. I also built a fence around the drawer to keep things from sliding around too much while in transit. A couple magnet latches hold the face up in place and I used soft close drawer glides to pull the drawer in (though we're still working on a more solid latch for in transit days).

The front face is actually two shelves from the unit we removed from behind the TV mount (so we could move the TV mount back and have more counter space for the turntable). I found that they were cut from the same piece of wood because the grain lined up. The two pieces are currently joined by several angle brackets on the back side (campground engineering at its finest) which works for now. I'll do something nicer to them when I get a chance, but they're solid as-is.

Still a little work to do on the unit (latching, maybe a couple pull handles), but all in all, we like it. It fills the space nicely when closed and provides some more handy storage and a place to work (I have a Mac Mini hooked up to the TV) if I want.

This is a reference picture to show what was in that space before (note that the receiver now resides in the overhead cabinet above the TV).

i-jqM3S7L-L.jpg

Here is the finished project when closed.

i-BGMDSZF-L.jpg

Here is the drawer opened. A pair of magnet latches hold the face upright.

i-RtrjW3W-L.jpg

Here is the front folded down.

i-5R38r42-L.jpg

Power247

Since replacing our RV stereo with a separate home receiver, and replacing the small built-in speakers with a pair of bookshelf speakers, we've been looking at that dead spot between the counter-top and the fireplace on our entertainment center for quite a while. I finally started tearout of the stereo and speakers and removed a bit of wood to create a full-width, five inch high opening.

Today we picked up all the lumber and materials to make a pullout drawer to fill the space. We put a piano hinge along the front so the front face can flip down. I also built a fence around the drawer to keep things from sliding around too much while in transit. A couple magnet latches hold the face up in place and I used soft close drawer glides to pull the drawer in (though we're still working on a more solid latch for in transit days).

The front face is actually two shelves from the unit we removed from behind the TV mount (so we could move the TV mount back and have more counter space for the turntable). I found that they were cut from the same piece of wood because the grain lined up. The two pieces are currently joined by several angle brackets on the back side (campground engineering at its finest) which works for now. I'll do something nicer to them when I get a chance, but they're solid as-is.

Still a little work to do on the unit (latching, maybe a couple pull handles), but all in all, we like it. It fills the space nicely when closed and provides some more handy storage and a place to work (I have a Mac Mini hooked up to the TV) if I want.

This is a reference picture to show what was in that space before (note that the receiver now resides in the overhead cabinet above the TV).

i-jqM3S7L-L.jpg

i-BGMDSZF-L.jpg

i-RtrjW3W-L.jpg

i-5R38r42-L.jpg
Nice work matching the color to the rest of the wood work. If you could source a couple of the pull handles like on the lower drawers it would be perfect. 👍

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

MCTalley

Nice work matching the color to the rest of the wood work. If you could source a couple of the pull handles like on the lower drawers it would be perfect.

We actually have the small four-drawer dresser in our closet. The drawers in there use the same pulls as the rest of the cabinets. Since they're hidden behind clothes in the closet, we're planning on using a couple of those and replacing the closet pulls with something generic.

The color match was due to re-using some of the woodwork provided by Heartland. I had already purchased an oak 1x6 and was going to stain it to match, but when I realized that the existing boards could be joined and would already match, I did that instead (plus, I can take the oak board back to Lowe's and get my $27 back).

Power247

Very good reason for matching so we'll :).

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

i-jqM3S7L-L.jpg

I have that same receiver (Sansui I believe) packed away out in the garage.

Haven't used it in about 10 years, but it was still crankin' last time I fired it up.

Bones

The camper wood shop is open :). Looks good Malcolm

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Redid the valve I put on the toilet supply line that was leaking. This time I removed the toilet bowl and was able to fully tighten the crimp clamp that was loose. Then I managed to reinstall the freeze sensor for the air conditioner. Started to grill some steaks for dinner and got flames shooting out of the hose. Quick run to WallyWorld to get a new hose. Tomorrow it's finally out on the lake for us.

RJohnIII

Checked in to Pro Custom Inc in Elkhart for some maintenance on our Big Country. Also... joined the Heartland Owners Club and the Forum!

avvidclif

Welcome to the forum and HOC...... Make plans to attend a few (or lot) of rallies to put faces with the strange names you see on here. Lots of fun.

JohnD

Put the slides in as we have a big spring snow storm rolling in today.

Installed a new Bauer Keyless Lock last week at the Alto HOC Rally and the keyless part doesn't work, so if I can get their customer service on the phone before the snow hits maybe we can figure it out.

It also was missing the upper lock keys, so hopefully I can get a set of those.

JohnD

Went out last evening and drained the water out of the pipes and water heater as we are going down in the low 20's last night and tonight.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Installed the Joy Rider Suspension on the Sundance yesterday! Took two of us 2 hrs 45 mins from start to drinking a beer!
Can't wait to test the system and see how it improves the rear kitchen from moving things around.
Leaving next week for a month & 4,000 miles so that will be a great test.