What did you do to your camper today?

Chippendale

First thing . . . was at the DMV at 7 a.m. to get 2018 license plate tags for the Prowler . . . $495 buckeroos! :mad:

Gosh John, you must have come across to them as being rich. The DMV (County Tax Office) here in Texas would only let me pay $133.75 for the 2018 sticker/tags back in June for my 2015 Landmark, just another reason other than cold winters to stay in Texas.

Abear79

Gosh John, you must have come across to them as being rich. The DMV (County Tax Office) here in Texas would only let me pay $133.75 for the 2018 sticker/tags back in June for my 2015 Landmark, just another reason other than cold winters to stay in Texas.

Got a permanent plate in 2014. Dont have to worry about that......... Might be why our roads are bad. lol

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We pay a lot for our license tags . . .

But our property taxes are less than half what they were in Michigan.

Alan_B

We pay a lot for our license tags . . .

But our property taxes are less than half what they were in Michigan.

I agree...

The Michigan permanent license plate for the Bighorn fifth wheel was $300 (one time).

Property taxes on the house are $4.500+ each and every year.

DougS

Doug S
Replaced under warranty the theater seating and sofa. Old sofa arms are slightly higher then the replacement so it was a tighter squeeze getting out, then the replacement sofa.

CoveredWagon

I washed the roof with none other than Dawn. All shiney and looks almost new. Just them darn streaks from the AC units.
Remember never ever step back to admire this job when you're washing the roof. ��

Tsys100718

Still a fairly new Heartland Trail Runner owner, since we took delivery of our 302SLE at the beginning of August. But I have made a few, what I consider, improvements.

The first, and best in my wife's opinion, was to replace the tanked water heater with a tankless unit. The only problem was that the door, which you have to order separately, for the Girard Unit only comes in white. Well, the color scheme of our Trail Runner is black, so I had to scuff up the factory finish with 0 steel wool and repaint it black. I did mask off the latch and left the silicone ring white for accent.

Secondly, I rerouted the refrigerator defrost drain hose out the bottom vent openings on the outside refrigerator door. It's no longer just balled up inside the compartment. I did this when I installed the Camco bug screens on the door. I also installed the Camco bug screen on the furnace opening.

Thirdly, I added a bracket behind the spare tire rack to allow storage and safe traveling of a fold-up ramp. The ramp is to allow our older dog to get up into the truck bed without difficulty. I'm a wood worker, so it's a homemade ramp that's 8 feet long and 15 inches wide. It folds up to make 2, 4 foot parts, that are both stiffened when in use and kept from opening by 2 pieces of 1 1/8 in wood dowels fed through conduit straps. The whole thing, including the bracket was far less that shorter, less sturdy ramps that are commercially available. The total cost was less than $40.00, which was about $20 cheaper too.

Fourth, we used the space in the entertainment center to mount a 32 in smart TV. We took advantage of the fact that the entertainment center shares the wall with the bedroom by drilling completely through the wall for the top bolts of the living area TV mount and the bottom bolts for the bedroom TV Mount. This worked out very well when coupled with stabilization straps to minimize the vibration during travel.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Spent most of the day scrubbing the rig. A Magic Eraser floor mop works great on the roof and sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aandaar

Spent the day yesterday cleaning up and installing shelfs in the Generator/front storage bay. I got this idea from one of the treads. I would like to give credit but now I can't find the thread.
4fa72d3d42000d06eb3b4a65b51fc01f.jpg

89b57e1478037fd69e0f950afa55c975.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Yesterday I redid all of the roof caulking and discovered the roof vent lids are deteriorating. Also found one of the end caps on the ladder is cracked. Replacements for both have been ordered. Discovered, too, that EternaBond tape doesn't last long in storage. I was going to use it around the vent flanges, under the MaxxAir covers. But it was impossible to pull the release backing off the glue, so an almost whole roll got tossed in the trash. Today, I redid the caulking around some of the windows that was drying out.

DougS

Doug S
Installed LED strip lights over drawers and counter at foot of bed. I used the every low light switch for the over head lights that I moved to bedroom door knob. This gives use just enough light for a dark place.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Spent the day yesterday cleaning up and installing shelfs in the Generator/front storage bay. I got this idea from one of the treads. I would like to give credit but now I can't find the thread.
4fa72d3d42000d06eb3b4a65b51fc01f.jpg

89b57e1478037fd69e0f950afa55c975.jpg

Nice! I like it!

CoveredWagon

Cleaned the roof and washed the Rv. Ok not all in one day. It was hot. Anyone have a good way to clean / wash the weather seal under slide toppers. I have some ideas (doesn't appear to be a big deal) but if anyone has a great idea I don't want to invent another wheel.