What did you do to your camper today?

CoveredWagon

Finally ordered a TST507 Tire Monitor System for the RV. Just in time for our upcoming 6100 mile trip.

good idea. Check them out before you are ready to go. I have one that seems not want to play fair. It takes forever to come on and then will drop out at times. I called the mfg, they asked me to check the batteries voltage, which was 3.06 unloaded. I think that should be good enough, however I've changed the battery to a new one. We'll see how it goes. I check the tire psi before I go and have only been going on shorter trips so I'm not too concerned, but if I pay for it I want it to work right. Let me say that the lady I talked to was very very polite underonstandIng and reminded me that we have a 3 year warranty so no need to worry about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I may have found the problem with the tv issues. I received the wiring schematic for the video system this morning and found incorrect wiring at one of the splitters. Input wire was put on one of the outputs etc. I hope this helps the video. Also all the cables on that splitter were lose. Here's hoping 🤞

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Well I may have found the problem with the tv issues. I received the wiring schematic for the video system this morning and found incorrect wiring at one of the splitters. Input wire was put on one of the outputs etc. I hope this helps the video. Also all the cables on that splitter were lose. Here's hoping ��

Our Prowler was wired the same way . . .

The main coax input was connected to the output of the very first splitter in line, and the connection in the basement for an outside TV was connected to the input of the same splitter.

Once I figured that out we had excellent OTA from the King/Jack antenna on the roof, but the cable TV signal was bad . . . this was a tough one to trace down, but I finally figured out that problem.

Turns out the the Prowler's built-in Furrion AM/FM/CD/DVD player's radio antenna was hooked up to a coax splitter inside of the entertainment unit and when plugged in was shorting out the cable signal.

My dealership could never figure it out, and it took a few campouts while hooked up to the different parks cable to trace it down.

I have a marine antenna that the dealer gave me to 'fix' this issue, but it only picks up FM, plus if the kitchen/entertainment center slide is in that antenna won't pick up anything.

Looking to put an AM/FM antenna on the outside of the trailer somewhere.

PondSkum

Replaced the busted outdoor speakers.. forgot to take pic of new...

44ba5dcc0334681af9e0f7a7705ff2bc.jpg

d5cfd3958a5b35fe08ace1a25a577f42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

Our Prowler was wired the same way . . .

Turns out the the Prowler's built-in Furrion AM/FM/CD/DVD player's radio antenna was hooked up to a coax splitter inside of the entertainment unit and when plugged in was shorting out the cable signal.

My dealership could never figure it out, and it took a few campouts while hooked up to the different parks cable to trace it down.

Looking to put an AM/FM antenna on the outside of the trailer somewhere.

i guess we dodged that bullet. When we picked up our unit we had tv issues. We were staying on the dealers lot so I was able to stay on them to fix any issues we found. One was getting both tvs to work at the same time. On day two, tvs still not working properly, I went to the sales lady and told her we were going out to dinner and when we returned for the evening I expected to find both tvs working. She said I'll take care of it. She did. The techs removed the splitter you mentioned and went directly to the tv. OTA signal worked fine. Didn't find out about cable problems until we went glamping.

Yesterday I received a schematic for the cable wiring. The outputs from that splitter that you mentioned go to the main tv and and an outdoor tv if you have one. I guess the factory people have decided that if there is a cable they better hook it up to something.

Hearing your findings answered another question of mine. I found at the entertainment unit. The FM antenna is a short piece of coax, maybe a foot long and is terminated with a coax connector, HUH !! 🤔 Anyway it is attached to another short piece of coax with an open connector on it's end. Guess I'll look for a real antenna.

CoveredWagon

Copied from an old post while researching the subject of cleaning the roof. This may be good info for us new folks.

Hi all,

I saw some posts over at rv.net discussing cleaning of trailer roofs. Some of the discussion suggested using Murphy's Oil Soap on the roofs. Do not use this for your EPDM Rubber roof on your Heartland trailer.

From what I have read elsewhere, Murphy's Oil Soap can be used on TPO roofs (don't quote me though - do your own research if you own a TPO roof).

I spoke to Scott at the factory and confirmed with him that the EPDM rubber used on Heartland trailers is made by Alpha Systems, Inc. in Elkhart, IN.

EPDM stands for Ethylene Propylene Dien Monomer.

At the bottom of this post is more information on EPDM but first, here's what Alpha has to say about maintenance of EPDM roofs:

Cleaning and Maintenance of Alpha Systems Royal Roof EPDM Rubber Sheet​

Proper care and maintenance of the recreational vehicle, including the Royal Roof, is important for trouble-free performance. Normal maintenance is simple, easy and requires no special materials.

Periodic cleaning three or four times a year is the primary maintenance required. Alpha Systems suggests using a household cleaner such as Top Job®, Spic-N-Span®, or Ajax® Cleanser. Granulated cleaning products perform better for cleaning EPDM. Since the surface is not smooth like fiberglass, a medium bristle scrub brush should be used instead of a sponge. The rubber membrane requires scrubbing much like a white-wall tire does. For tougher stains, like those from oak leaves or pine sap, use kitchen cleanser with bleach. ** Extra precautions need to be taken to control runoff onto sidewalls when using products containing bleach.

After cleaning, rinse the roof and sidewalls of the RV completely to remove any soap residue and to prevent streaking.

Quarterly inspection of the roof is highly recommended. Check the membrane for possible damage and check the caulk/lap sealant used in all termination areas and around all accessories and fasteners.

Alpha Systems Royal Roof EPDM is quite inert and will dependably resist weathering. It can, however, be cut or punctured by sharp objects. If damage does occur, the Royal Roof membrane can be easily patched. Use caution when placing any articles on the roof and exercise extreme care and caution when working on top of your vehicle. The Royal Roof may become slippery when wet, so remember to exercise extreme caution when cleaning the rubber membrane.

EPDM rubber does not require periodic application of any product to protect it from UV light or ozone. Such products can often damage the EPDM membrane. Protect-All® Roof Treatment for EPDM rubber roofs, 303® Protectant for EPDM rubber roofs, or other products compatible with EPDM rubber roofing may be safely used. If you have any questions about these products, please call Alpha Systems Customer Service at (phone number) for assistance.

! DO NOT USE ACETONE OR ANY PRODUCTS CONTAINING PETROLEUM DISTILLATES ON THE ROYAL ROOF !​

Royal RoofTM Solves the Problems of Metal Roofing​

Alpha Systems introduced ethylene propylene dien monomer (EPDM) roofing to the RV industry in 1987. It soon became the first choice by manufacturers as an attractive, lightweight, rust-free, leak-eliminating alternative to traditional metal roofing. Today, Royal Roof from Alpha Systems is the only brand you need to know - it's the undisputed leader in dependable roof systems.
Royal Roof EPDM rubber sheet gives you:

* Excellent UV protection
* Pliable, long-lasting performance
* Easy cleaning with ordinary household products
* Easy maintenance and repair, if ever necessary

Alpha Systems also manufactures the roofing adhesives and sealants to fit your specific production and manufacturing requirements.​

Jim Beletti
Director of Owner Interests
Heartland RVs

Is club membership right for you? Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

We have made 2 improvements in our Big Country. The bathroom sink had a clear glass sink with about a 2" drain connection. This broke off last year, too much sway movement when travelling snapped it off. This new sink from Home Depot has a much wider base, so no sway, plus is not see thru so no water spots to look at while seated on the toilet! 😜

The other is the click rubber floor floor installed in place of carpet that was under table and all living area! Love this easy to clean area now. John glued a double layer and then put a bull nose finish on edge of slide out. Voila! Easy slide out, with no more dirty carpets. Love it!

Attachments

• IMG_1109.jpg
    IMG_1109.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1112.jpg
    IMG_1112.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 98

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have made 2 improvements in our Big Country. The bathroom sink had a clear glass sink with about a 2" drain connection. This broke off last year, too much sway movement when travelling snapped it off. This new sink from Home Depot has a much wider base, so no sway, plus is not see thru so no water spots to look at while seated on the toilet!

The other is the click rubber floor floor installed in place of carpet that was under table and all living area! Love this easy to clean area now. John glued a double layer and then put a bull nose finish on edge of slide out. Voila! Easy slide out, with no more dirty carpets. Love it!

Both those mods look great!!! Thanks for sharing!

avvidclif

Installed Furion camera system. Connected it to the parking lights and it works great. Thanks to a member for selling it. Also installed hooks and web in front of the stove to keep things from falling off (see pic). Again thanks to a member. A great group with lots of neat hints.

Attachments

• IMG_1441 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1441 (Medium).JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 93

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Not today, but Thursday I had disc brakes put on by Performance Braking. Ron's installation team did a very excellent job and all I can say is WOW! What a difference in Braking performance. Wish I had done this sooner. If this is on your list of to-dos, move it to the top.

54ebc63ea803e4c20844242b79e06f75.jpg
aa9debcc921fd6f7decb0c039df1c36b.jpg

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Not today, but Thursday I had disc brakes put on by Performance Braking. Ron's installation team did a very excellent job and all I can say is WOW! What a difference in Braking performance. Wish I had done this sooner. If this is on your list of to-dos, move it to the top.

Liking ours too!!! You'll have no regrets...

BobTheBuilder

John Vandenberg,

Would you give some more details about the flooring. Is this a pattern of the rubber gym type flooring? Did you do the steps as well? How about close up photo of how you did the slide out edge?

Thanks

Bones

54ebc63ea803e4c20844242b79e06f75.jpg
aa9debcc921fd6f7decb0c039df1c36b.jpg

Just an FYI. Give Dexter a call to talk about your equalizer rubber bushing. It looks like it is in a failure state with the cracking. Ron's installers do a very nice job and the disc break install is on the list of things to do but not at the top for me

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Gus I agree with Bones. Need to replace the equalizer.

WillyBill

Gus, If you do not change the equalizers as a set it will mess with the alignment of the axles. Also, on my Cyclone when one was bad they were all bad or on their last leg. The new rubber will also smooth the ride for your trailer. Personally, I wish I could find the equalizers with urethane instead of rubber-they would last longer and provide a better ride.

Good Luck!!

WB

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
First thing . . . was at the DMV at 7 a.m. to get 2018 license plate tags for the Prowler . . . $495 buckeroos! :mad:

This afternoon I gave the Prowler a good bath as it was pretty dusty from our dry spell this summer.

While I was rinsing off the awning the sun was shining on it just right and I discovered around 60 (or more) tiny little pinholes in the awning the whole length along the top where it is rolled up, but always exposed.

ProwlerAwningHoles-P1020578.jpg

There are some water droplets in this shot, but you can see the holes (looks like stars at night).

Once dry, I placed a couple of HOC member stickers in key spots (no photos yet as it was almost dark).

travlingman

Used a carpet cleaner to get all of the floors in good shape. Started my project of replacing water supply line to icemaker in fridge. Got line through underbelly to bottom of slide. Ordered a replacement LED light strip for the one that went out under the awning.

Paradise2

We have made 2 improvements in our Big Country. The bathroom sink had a clear glass sink with about a 2" drain connection. This broke off last year, too much sway movement when travelling snapped it off. This new sink from Home Depot has a much wider base, so no sway, plus is not see thru so no water spots to look at while seated on the toilet! 😜

Did you install the flooring on top of the linoleum? Can you give me a little more detail on how he did this as it looks great! Where did you buy your flooring?

Thanks!

Abear79

Hopefully ordered all the right parts to hook up my front grey tank.

7b56084f9e96013c357200c9e518e5fd.jpg

While replacing my chloroplast I noticed my front grey tank had fell and was caught by the straps. It cracked the coupler coming out the tank.