What did you do to your camper today?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Replaced the factory porch light with one from Amazon, brighter with motion detection and dawn to dusk operation.

0c5274b52af14759f8528ba66742e47e.jpg

Previous -- some LEDs were "blinking".

fa3525b3d5fc05d1e1ddc4a2adad3e9d.jpg

Removed the housing, exposing the screws for removal.

fb2172df9987c0fc13f88d154bd718e3.jpg

Replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDN

B and B
Today started packing for a week away starting next Saturday. Put some supplies in, backwashed the water softener, packed away my Amazon purchases! New water regulator, 30 amp to 50 amp dogbone and my 50 amp to 50 amp dog bones ($12 CDN Deal). These are used for all park connections, avoids burning off my power reel cable on a loose park receptacle.

travlingman

Getting rig ready for a beach trip, if we don't get another hurricane.

Did rig with McKees 37 RV Final Step Detail Wax. Took a little over 2 hours to do whole rig. Very pleased with results.

Also got my LED strip light under main awning to start working again. Found the wire going to strip had pulled out from where it connects to the strip. Was able to get it back in and working again. Had bought a replacement, guess I have a back up now.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Adjusted the wheels on closet door so both are rolling smoothly again.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Started taking down stuff and packing it away in preparation for hauling the rig home for storage next week :(. Got most of it taken care of.

Did notice some of the window glaze trim is starting to shrink away in the corners, so I ordered a sample kit from Pellant Enterprises to make sure I get the right one. Hard to tell from the drawings on their site which of two is the correct one. The windows were made by Hehr and when I had to replace the molding on a window a few years ago, they referred me to another source. Just don't remember who it was.

vakthund

While escaping Irma we boondocked overnight in Jacksonville FL when the camper suddenly lost power. The generator was running but no power past the transfer switch. Thinking I had blown the transfer switch we resigned ourselves to fan only in 95F heat - at least we were making it out. Home a few days later I was ready to pull the switch out when I found:
Neutral Melted.jpgHot lead.jpgNot the right way.jpg
That could have gone much worse. The wire nut on the neutral was completely melted (the non-melted one I put on there temporarily) and it was touching the box. Red wire nuts are not adequate for #8 wire and using these wire nuts on a 50 AMP circuit is ... well, nuts. The hot was equally crazy as the stranded lead from the generator was not actually engaged in the nut at all - just wrapped around the lead to the transfer switch and covered with three rounds of electrical tape.
I replaced it with a properly sized disconnect switch and no wire nuts.
New Disconnect 1.jpgNew Disconnect 2.jpg
I suspect this was the source of other electrical anomalies including fridge and A/C problems.

Be Safe!

boatto5er

Glad you were able to correct the problems! Long time no see. Hope y'all are doing well.

PondSkum

That looks like it was a disaster just waiting to happen! Glad you found it!!! That makes me want to go out and check my wiring, as I've had issues with the transfer switch chattering during generator operation... Definitely don't want the trailer to burn to the ground!!

uncledon

Her chauffeur
1-1/2 days later and a 1/4 tube of Bengay for my shoulder, waxing done! Actually using the product that I prefer and a random orbital buffer, it wasn't too bad. Should be good to go for 3-4 months now.
b7777bc1c20e476a5f0b51fcb2bf0f74.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

vakthund

Glad you were able to correct the problems! Long time no see. Hope y'all are doing well.
We are surviving :) Living in Florida most of the time which is a rough change for a Norwegian. Really miss the camp-outs and rallies, we have not been able to attend one in several years.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We are surviving :) Living in Florida most of the time which is a rough change for a Norwegian. Really miss the camp-outs and rallies, we have not been able to attend one in several years.

I believe there is a Florida chapter of the HOC . . .

boatto5er

We winter over in Florida in Navarre on the Panhandle.

Florida has a great HOC chapter. Their rally this year is in the Keys. Still scheduled for Mid October in Marathon Key.

vakthund

... Florida has a great HOC chapter. Their rally this year is in the Keys. Still scheduled for Mid October in Marathon Key...
Yeah we looked at that but we will be in PA for a figure skating competition that weekend. Would be a short hop for us otherwise since we are camped out in Sunrise.
It is certainly not the lack of rallies or camp-outs that is causing this. :)
Wife is threatening to retire in January and our youngest daughter is heading off to college next fall. Should give us more time for these events and other plans we have put on hold the last several years.

BobTheBuilder

For the Dometic freezer compartment, fixed shelves are a pain whether you are traveling and things are shifting or just getting items out on a daily basis. We found clear plastic trays at the Dollar General store which are exactly the right depth and work great in the frig compartment. However, I searched stores and websites for premade bins I could use in the freezer and came up with absolutely nothing that maximized the space. Finally I made some temporary ones with modified cardboard wine boxes and found that pulling them out to get things worked much better than the open shelves. I eventually made custom bins from coreplast and they are terrific. Details if you are interested are here https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/68054-Refrigerator-Freezer-Bins

20170830_200718.jpg20170830_231456.jpg

uncledon

Her chauffeur
For the Dometic freezer compartment, fixed shelves are a pain whether you are traveling and things are shifting or just getting items out on a daily basis. We found clear plastic trays at the Dollar General store which are exactly the right depth and work great in the frig compartment. However, I searched stores and websites for premade bins I could use in the freezer and came up with absolutely nothing that maximized the space. Finally I made some temporary ones with modified cardboard wine boxes and found that pulling them out to get things worked much better than the open shelves. I eventually made custom bins from coreplast and they are terrific. Details if you are interested are here https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/68054-Refrigerator-Freezer-Bins

View attachment 54617View attachment 54618
I like!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

I mouse proofed 😱 Spent a few hours under the Rv spraying Mouse Free. I did the frame rails and all the seems an anywhere I thought might be a point of entry but only used a gallon.

jerryjay11

For the second time I spent an hour on my hands and knees cleaning foot prints from the floors of my 9 day old Pioneer RL250 camper that a certain CW mechanic with what appears to be plumber's putty on the bottom of his boots deposited from the rear door to the bedroom. Not very professional!