What did you do to your camper today?

Rooster58

Finally took delivery of the trail runner today. List is too long to post about all we've been doing to it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vakthund

Refrigerator Fan

Finally ordered, received, and installed a refrigerator fan. I also replaced the thermistor and the fridge seems to be operating properly again with no more blinking alarms.
Refrigerator Fan.jpg

vakthund

Kitchen Sink

The one that must be obeyed finally had enough of the leaking sink. Took the sink out and dismantled everything as it was leaking from the rim and from each drain. Cleaned everything with denatured alcohol and used 10 times the sealant than the factory. No leaks, happy wife, cold beer. Sink looks like new.
Kitchen Sink.jpg

uncledon

Her chauffeur
After about two weeks in our new BH 3875FB I found a couple of things that would potentially be issues.

First, the sliding doors in the master bath have hardware for securing the doors during travel. When one door is opened to its fullest, it hits the hardware on the other door causing damage. They needed dead stops:

Next thing was discovered when grand daughter swung open the half bath door and it banged into the corner of the pantry. Ace harware had a door stop for that.
a2383705700105223272ccc2e196f5ee.jpg
f6887f8ddd1f1ef0655d6c965c29c217.jpg
49fe7390c070a7e0e1f175b26320acee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Vacuumed it, dumped and flushed the tanks, closed it up and hauled it home to the storage yard. Our season is over for the year. Next few days, we'll be removing the non-perishable food stuffs, toiletries, clothing, electronics, and a few other items. Then winterizing it.

On another note, I have one of those little twin muffin fans in the refridgerator. One of the fans gave up the ghost but I was able to replace it with a similar 12V fan I had salvaged from an old computer. Noticed that some of the window glaze (vinyl outside trim) was shrinking, so I got a sample kit and measured the dimensions of all the windows. Each window uses two different sizes of the same design. Will be ordering enough to redo all of them.

CoveredWagon

R & R the Furrion oven to replace the igniter. Was happy to find it mounted on the top side of the oven. Was unhappy when nothing happened after part replacement. Decided to dig a little deeper. Removed the back of the oven to follow the wire from the igniter to the sparker. Found the wire was stretched and in contact with the pilot lite gas tube, moved everything around a little to relieve the stress. Checked the wire visually and mechanically for insulation breaks found none. Attempted a lite and guess what? Click click click we got fire. DW is happy and I get the rest of the day off ��

Relayman

Took my inlaws ( 81 / 90 ) to Branson for a week so I Installed a Stromburg Carlson handrail on my rig
to help them up and down
the steps. Worked Great.
92f3cbdbb2450ea0b0920e9eb6e079b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Did the winterizing yesterday, including the washer. Removed tools and battery. Measured all windows for replacement of vinyl trim. Final check of all compartments for anything that might freeze. TV's, foodstuffs, clothing and other valuables were removed earlier. Put wire screen inside pinbox to keep birds out.

CoveredWagon

Did the winterizing yesterday, including the washer. Removed tools and battery. Measured all windows for replacement of vinyl trim. Final check of all compartments for anything that might freeze. TV's, foodstuffs, clothing and other valuables were removed earlier. Put wire screen inside pinbox to keep birds out.

Winterized ??? John it's time to get ready for the travel season. Heck we're just packing for our next venture.
John it was great to meet you this summer and I'd bet we'll see you up north (that's a place not a direction for you non Michigan folks) next summer. That's a great place you call your summer home.

MCTalley

Replaced the cracked keypad on our RV Lock. The unit is about three years old (I think, seems I remember buying it at the Urbanna Rally in '14). Since we full-time and use the keypad to lock and unlock the trailer every day, I thought that was a pretty good service life.

Replacement keypads are available on the RV Lock site for about $10 and $2 for shipping (in an envelope via USPS). I ordered late last week and it arrived yesterday. Instructions for replacing the keypad are included in the package.

Here's the outside half of the lock ready for surgery.

i-9tFM8c4-L.jpg

Disassembly involves removing the five screws that hold on the keypad assembly from the back, pulling the rubber pad from behind the keypad and pushing the old keypad membrane off from behind (it just sticks onto the handle from the front). I removed any remaining adhesive from the old keypad, as well. The new keypad peels off the plastic backing it is shipped on and presses into place onto the handle assembly.

i-zc8JvgX-L.jpg

Here's a comparison of the new vs. old keypad. Ours was cracked on the unlock button and the 7/8 button. It looks a little rougher than it was when I started since the removal process involved pressing it out from behind which caused some additional cracks and bends.

i-TzMSXVG-L.jpg

And here it is reassembled. The whole process took about 15 minutes including removing the assembly from the door, fixing the keypad and reinstalling the assembly back on the door. (Taking pictures slowed the process slightly, as well).

i-3cRZs6p-L.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Malcon, if you only replaced the plastic keypad you don't need to disassemble the lock. Just peal the old keypad from the outside and stock the new one on.
Or did you do the rubber membrane as well?

Peace
Dave

MCTalley

Malcon, if you only replaced the plastic keypad you don't need to disassemble the lock. Just peal the old keypad from the outside and stock the new one on.

Peace
Dave

I followed the instructions that came with it. Knowing how it is assembled now, I could replace the keypad without disassembly. For that matter, the keypad could be replaced without removing the unit from the door.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Peace
Dave

Dave, I replaced our keypad membrane last year, it was about 2.5 years old and cracking on the most used numbers. I just peeled off the old and stuck on the new, no disassembly.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired

Peace
Dave

That is the way I did mine too lol and mine didn’t come with any instructions just had to figure it out lol.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Yesterday I fixed a couple of trim pieces that fell off on our last trip, and also remounted the wall plate in the entertainment center with the coax connections for the TV and the screws from the factory were just put through the thin wall panelling and stripped out awhile back.

I put some drywall screw anchors in the holes and put some real screws in it.

Today I am going to try and figure out how to install a TireMinder TPMS system that I purchased from one of the Colorado HOC members at our last rally.

CoveredWagon

Today I am going to try and figure out how to install a TireMinder TPMS system that I purchased from one of the Colorado HOC members at our last rally.[/QUOTE]

John, what brand TPMS did you buy ? If it's a TST, you may need an amplifier repeater. Go ahead ask me how I know. Works perfectly now.

WillyBill

Gave My Cyclone a bath and cleaned the inside from my month long hunting trip.

Filed an insurance claim for a new nose cone. Last month on the way hunting a Great Horned Owl flew into my trailer as I was driving down the Interstate-almost hit my truck windshield, but flared up at the last second and collided with the front of my Cyclone. I never noticed the spider cracks all over it until I gave it a bath yesterday.

Sounds fishy but no joke!!! Also found "paint" coming off of two of my aluminum wheels.

Pics of both attached.

WB

Attachments

• WP_20170929_10_03_56_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170929_10_03_56_Pro.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 86
  • WP_20170929_10_04_02_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170929_10_04_02_Pro.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 83
  • WP_20170929_10_04_19_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170929_10_04_19_Pro.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 84
  • WP_20170929_08_45_14_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170929_08_45_14_Pro.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 79

Wmnmy

I transferred all the items from our big horn to our Big Country 3965DSS (tired) but well worth it.

WillyBill

Installed a new water pump. Original pump kept running for 1-2 seconds out of every 10. Plus it was mfg. in 2010. Went with a pump that pumped 3-5 gals/Min at 40 psi to help with water use while boondocking - which we do mostly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HRI9MAC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Arterra PDSI-130-1240E RV Fresh Water Pump with Power Drive Technology

Easy install, runs quiet, uses less amps. What's not to like?

WB