What did you do to your camper today?

Alan_B

Three things completed today:
  1. Finished winterizing.
  2. Installed the RV SnapPads
  3. Moved to a new storage facility. The prior facility was pretty inexpensive, but on a very bumpy dirt road. The fifth wheel was filthy every time I picked it up. Now on a paved road much closer to home.

Roller4tan

Replaced bad outdoor speakers, good thing, too, as the screw threads for the forward one were rusty. Luckily no delam in area, so coated the inside with flex seal and the edges of the hole, caulked across the top 180 degrees.

Mrsfish

Replaced bad outdoor speakers, good thing, too, as the screw threads for the forward one were rusty. Luckily no delam in area, so coated the inside with flex seal and the edges of the hole, caulked across the top 180 degrees.

what did you replace them with?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
With the threat of a freeze tonight and tomorrow night, we hooked up the heated hose and wrapped and covered our supply line. Turned on the furnace for the first time this season, as today's high was in the low 50s. Yesterday was 85 and I was running the AC in the late afternoon! Oh, and we had some sleet this morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty325

Washed roof and exterior walls. Touched up caulking. Replaced pop up drain in bath lavatory with a residential brass unit that really works.

Can you recommend a particular brand of caulk? I found some scratches on my roof, apparently tree limb scars. Thought a dab of caulk would be sufficient

uncledon

Her chauffeur
Can you recommend a particular brand of caulk? I found some scratches on my roof, apparently tree limb scars. Thought a dab of caulk would be sufficient

Dicor self-leveling for horizontal surfaces.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

Install the winter cover to protect it from the “harsh” Florida winters ;);)

1C0AFF8D-2D35-4D30-ACEC-886AB4A140C3.jpg

Attachments

• 9E72320B-56B9-4FC0-9736-363488F6BAC2.jpg
    9E72320B-56B9-4FC0-9736-363488F6BAC2.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 106
Install the winter cover to protect it from the “harsh” Florida winters ;);)

View attachment 55345

I installed the tv & mount in our Mallard M28 today
4750f6269d02b81064cddcb536e831ba.jpg

Wmnmy

Well after an attempt by my dealer to get my front compartment to lock I got a lil help from my chapter leader and two slam locks from a landmark from a great friend we installed new locks on my front compartment door locks great now .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 122

NewHopians

Found out that our roller falling off issue is fixed. Technician says better than new and don't need roller we will see tomorrow. The bed lift has also been fixed but, they will have to order some of the horseshoe as they call the facia trim around the big slide out. Picking it up from LaMesa RV in Tucson tomorrow.

Installed wireless camera in rear of trailer. Can monitor what is behind me at all times on the iPhone or iPad. Got a mount from Ram and suction mount and put in rear window. Works great.

Hi Eric, can you post more details on this please? I will need this down the road. Thanks so much.

Carol

James & Carol
2014 GMC Sierra
2018 Mallard m28

TravelTiger

Well after an attempt by my dealer to get my front compartment to lock I got a lil help from my chapter leader and two slam locks from a landmark from a great friend we installed new locks on my front compartment door locks great now .

Did it have slam baggage door handles or is that what you added? How was it done, if you added them?

Wmnmy

Did it have slam baggage door handles or is that what you added? How was it done, if you added them?

It didn’t have slam door on the front compartment just the sides . They had the one lock in the middle and two twist knobs on each side . I took my dremel and cut two holes in the front compartment then cut out a space on the edge for the receiver latch . Then put rivets on the replacement locks . And it came out great . Only landmarks have front slam locks on front compartment from factory.

Wmnmy

It didn’t have slam door on the front compartment just the sides . They had the one lock in the middle and two twist knobs on each side . I took my dremel and cut two holes in the front compartment then cut out a space on the edge for the receiver latch . Then put rivets on the replacement locks . And it came out great . Only landmarks have front slam locks on front compartment from factory.

What I did was take the gasket off the slam lock and when I took the two twist knobs off there was a hole that was left . I centered the gasket where both holes were and outlined the gasket. Then I cut out the outline of the gasket on the front then took a sharp object and traced the hole from the top of the part I cut which left a indent on the underside of the door and I cut out that part leaving a perfect hole for the new latch . The door was easy cutting out a spot for the latch to catch was pain but the dremel did the job for me .

TravelTiger

What I did was take the gasket off the slam lock and when I took the two twist knobs off there was a hole that was left . I centered the gasket where both holes were and outlined the gasket. Then I cut out the outline of the gasket on the front then took a sharp object and traced the hole from the top of the part I cut which left a indent on the underside of the door and I cut out that part leaving a perfect hole for the new latch . The door was easy cutting out a spot for the latch to catch was pain but the dremel did the job for me .

Awesome, thanks for sharing! I'm inspired, may put this on our to-do list.