What did you do to your camper today?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
A while back, there was discussion about the decorative wine rack over the microwave in the Big Country. Some preferred a cabinet there, and made a mod to add the door, purchased as a drawer front, with cabinet hardware, from Heartland. Well, we bought the door face and hardware a while back, and finally got it drilled for the cabinet hardware thanks to a local custom cabinet maker.

We installed the door today.
09cf90728bc1b7cf2763e63380d07dda.jpg

ebb6a1c52229ab30a56ea1922bb38a10.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Oh, ok, thanks, I'm trying to decide on what brand of clear caulk to use on the exterior of the painted landmark.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Thought you were talking about the roof. I called the heartland Parts and purchased the clear from them it's extremely durable.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bob.jr

Thought you were talking about the roof. I called the heartland Parts and purchased the clear from them it's extremely durable.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the lead for the caulk. I'll call heartland on Monday. Btw, your roof looks good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Oldelevatorman

The guys doing my roof on Monday say the best stuff to use is called 'Sikkaflex'! Guaranteed for 10 years. Use to see the window guys use it on high-rise construction jobs back when I was working!

Oldelevatorman

Replaced the frosted glass in the door as well. Never made sense to my why it was frosted. Someone knocks on the door and you have to look out some other window to see who’s there. Duh! Anyway not sure about needing or wanting the shade although I’ve given it some thought.

I'd like to replace my frosted glass with a nice piece of stained glass. Don't know if that's what my DW wants. Our LM365 has a window adjacent to the door so easy to see who's knock knock knocking!

hoefler

Just finished removing the gas cooktop and one drawer in the cabinet below the cooktop, and installed a 2 burner induction cooktop and a dishwasher.

Attachments

• IMG_20180215_083101948.jpg
    IMG_20180215_083101948.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20180215_083108351.jpg
    IMG_20180215_083108351.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20180312_160749726.jpg
    IMG_20180312_160749726.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20180312_160756933.jpg
    IMG_20180312_160756933.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 98

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Been putting this off for awhile now, but decided today to just 'Get 'er done!'.

Removed the couch (didn't use it much, anywayz) so I could put a desk there instead.

ProwlerLivingroomFromStairs-P5160705.jpg ProwlerDeskCouch-P3121763.jpg

Had to take the couch apart to get it through the entrance door.

ProwlerDeskCouchOutside-P3121772.jpg ProwlerDeskCouchSierraPudz-P3121771.jpg

Now I have a huge, spacious living room . . . I'm calling it "The Dance Floor!".

ProwlerDeskRomeow-P3121782.jpg ProwlerDeskDone-P3121785.jpg

Since I am now full-timing I needed the desk more than I needed the couch.

Not sure what to do with the couch . . . it might just find it's way into the trash dumpster if I can't find anyone who wants it.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
JohnD:
Looks really nice, but it appears to be taken over as a kitty stand!
My girls have a PawTouch to help me type, perhaps I could make you a
cattouch for help on your emails.

JohnD

JohnD:
Looks really nice, but it appears to be taken over as a kitty stand!
My girls have a PawTouch to help me type, perhaps I could make you a
cattouch for help on your emails.

Might help! :eek:

It is crunch time for me...hit the road on Monday!

Getting new tires and the wheel bearings repacked on Friday, plus tranny fluid and oil change in the truck tomorrow.

Plus tying up loose ends in Denver before I roll...been worse than a full-time job!

- - - Updated - - -

I would see if ARC, Goodwill or Salvation Army might want it. It would be a shame to toss it.

I tried to put it in the back of my truck and toss it in my storage unit today, but it doesn't fit in the back of my truck very well with the hitch in there.

Oldelevatorman

I had the roof caulked today all the way around and replaced the bulb seals on all three slides. Hoping it dried because the rain started after 3.5 hours. I'll check it when we get a weather break, fingers crossed that it was sufficiently dry!

JohnD

Found somebody to take my couch, so that is now gone.

Then I found a nice 1 1/2 person recliner chair/mini love seat that I may purchase to replace those two uncomfortable (or should I say "useless"?) stock recliners.

And I've got the truck and Prowler all hitched up and almost everything unhooked and put away as I roll at 6 a.m. to get the Prowler's wheel bearings repacked and new tires on it tomorrow.

tabibito

Found somebody to take my couch, so that is now gone.

Then I found a nice 1 1/2 person recliner chair/mini love seat that I may purchase to replace those two uncomfortable (or should I say "useless"?) stock recliners.

And I've got the truck and Prowler all hitched up and almost everything unhooked and put away as I roll at 6 a.m. to get the Prowler's wheel bearings repacked and new tires on it tomorrow.

Can I ask how you found a buyer for your furniture? I'm looking to sell mine, too, and will post on here and maybe craigslist (though I'm always a bit reluctant to use that site...).
Thanks!
-Steve

Chippendale

At West Texas Rally right now and a couple of good friends got under trailer yesterday and swapped out all 4 shocks for this old Geezer. One was bent, and the one under the refrigerator was completely useless, which may explain why my refrigerator broke loose from it's brackets and bounced out of the slide a while back, just another good reason for for owning a Heartland and being a member of the HOC, you won't find better friends anywhere.

Also ordered a new navigation update card (2018 version) for my F350, will slip it in today and maybe Bernice (my truck) will now know about some of the newer streets and highways around the country. Being as it was ordered from Amazon for about $62 vs from the Ford dealer for about $150, hope it works.