What did you do to your camper today?

Got the majority of the bunk-room put back together, including the new shoe cubby for the kids. Picked me up a new set of Rigid cordless tools as well. Here is a general before and after. Still needs a few finishing touches with trim but the majority is done. Also a picture of the inside of the shoe cubby.

"Never let a good crisis go to waste." -Winston Churchill

Attachments

• 20180320_164340.jpg
    20180320_164340.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 163
  • 4152011-0-19801191.jpg
    4152011-0-19801191.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 20180320_164808.jpg
    20180320_164808.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 138

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Got the majority of the bunk-room put back together, including the new shoe cubby for the kids. Picked me up a new set of Rigid cordless tools as well. Here is a general before and after. Still needs a few finishing touches with trim but the majority is done. Also a picture of the inside of the shoe cubby.

"Never let a good crisis go to waste." -Winston Churchill

In your sig line, take the word 'COLOR' and the / out of the first brackets [ ] and put a 'B' inside the brackets, and it should look like this:
2017 Heartland Gateway 3800RLB
Full-timers with a pre-teen and toddler
AF1QipN_7uDuQvmzyLdFAbHJ_AqjUfDl_Rj-geWLWkA9

carl.swoyer

Thanks for the lead for the caulk. I'll call heartland on Monday. Btw, your roof looks good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Came across this empty sealant.
This is what I use . Last a long time
fac0c17cddb26419c231b4810e42ff7d.jpg
b36afd448848647974c1c6be5334de8d.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JohnD

Yesterday (Wednesday)...

Fixed my leaking outdoor shower, plus found another leak in the basement that I replaced the hose, but I have to go buy a new city water hookup fixture (saw a brass fixture yesterday...gonna buy that one instead of the plastic one).

Notice the crack in the faucet (circled in red):

ProwlerLeakingOutsideShowerFaucet-P3191815.jpg ProwlerLeakingOutsideShowerFaucet04-P3211837.jpg

ProwlerLeakingOutsideShowerFaucet06-P3211857.jpg ProwlerLeakingOutsideShowerFaucet07-P3211851.jpg

Also discovered the reason why my basement was so warm during our recent deep freezes...my dealership never put the back on the furnace when they worked on it!

It was just leaning up against the furnace with about a 2-inch opening on the floor side.

I could only reach one of the screws, but put that back in place!

CoveredWagon

Uncovered the Rv today. Check the stove, over and furnace for operation. All AOK. 😊 ckevked the propane tanks for fill and found #1 tank just about empty. #2 tank full so we filled #1 and are almost ready to hit the road.

JohnD

Uncovered the Rv today. Check the stove, over and furnace for operation. All AOK. 😊 ckevked the propane tanks for fill and found #1 tank just about empty. #2 tank full so we filled #1 and are almost ready to hit the road.

Look for a leak.

I just had to replace my regulator and both hoses due to leakage and now all is well!

New regulator:

ProwlerNewLPregulator-P3191817.jpg

esscobra

got around to doing some upgrades that I have been meaning to tackle- did roof wash and then installed new bathroom faucet - added adjustable shower bar and soap dish- and installed shelving into closet

Attachments

• IMG_9532.jpg
    IMG_9532.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_9531.jpg
    IMG_9531.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_9533a.jpg
    IMG_9533a.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 121

carl.swoyer

got around to doing some upgrades that I have been meaning to tackle- did roof wash and then installed new bathroom faucet - added adjustable shower bar and soap dish- and installed shelving into closet
Looking great.
Alot cheaper doing the fine tuning updates vs buying a new rig

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

hoefler

Kitchen transformation is now complete. Finished installing a new convection/microwave oven.

New Induction cook top, dishwasher, oven, cornices through out, and blinds.

Now wifey is happy and can't wait to get on the road.

Attachments

• IMG_20180401_115419079.jpg
    IMG_20180401_115419079.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 150

skippydo

- - - Updated - - -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I FOUND YOU.

Mr.Lewis...For what ever reason I am unable to find your question on 'here' TO me about our 2nd ac. AND I did click on response within the message you sent to me but it led me to this.

I hope this makes it to you.

Yes we did add a 2nd Domenic AC unit in our Master on our PI276 Pioneer 5th Wheel shortly after we purchased it March 2017. We are thrilled we took that leap. I can not imagine not having it.

What we learned thru various RV mechanics, fellow RV'ers and our own personal experience is a unit longer then 27ft should have that 2nd unit. It ran us approx. 1700.00 (ouch)

We live and travel in the south. Going anywhere where temps are lower than 75'outside is not our thing. I can say first hand adding the 2nd unit was the best decision ever.

Camping World usually runs specials, install was quick. FYI we first called Heartland directly to make sure our unit was already ready for a 2nd AC. We wanted to avoid being misled that we had to pay for duct work...it was already there. Have your VIN ready and Heartland will help you confirm.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I added a heatstrip to the middle AC in our Cyclone!

The garage AC was equipped with one from the factory. It worked so well we thought it would be an excellent add to keep the chill down instead of burning propane. With the ducts in the ceiling, the blower keeps the warmed air moving around the coach. The fireplace is ok but the 5 degree increments on the thermostat make it difficult to use for more than a warmer.

Total cost of heat strip, control box and thermostat $160

CDN

B and B
I put the batteries back into the Bighorn. We put a few items in as well. I changed the oil on my generator for the season. Expecting snow Thursday so this weekend might be out for the first trip.

Chippendale

I added a heatstrip to the middle AC in our Cyclone!

The garage AC was equipped with one from the factory. It worked so well we thought it would be an excellent add to keep the chill down instead of burning propane. With the ducts in the ceiling, the blower keeps the warmed air moving around the coach. The fireplace is ok but the 5 degree increments on the thermostat make it difficult to use for more than a warmer.

Total cost of heat strip, control box and thermostat $160

That sounds like a cheaper and maybe easier upgrade than a "Cheap Heat" system. Could you share the brand names and model numbers of the equipment you used and also the brand and model number of your AC unit? Also, a picture of the install if feasible. Thanks

porthole

Retired
That sounds like a cheaper and maybe easier upgrade than a "Cheap Heat" system. Could you share the brand names and model numbers of the equipment you used and also the brand and model number of your AC unit? Also, a picture of the install if feasible. Thanks

They are relatively easy to install if you are mechanically inclined and not afraid of a little bit of electrical work (simple connections).
The hardest part may be running the wires for the new thermostat.

Heat strips require a menu function in addition to AC & heat, typically shown on the display as HS

I got my parts from PPL and the last time I ordered in April 2016 the heat strip kit was $56 and the Dometic digital thermostat was $99.
We have two, and use them all the time when needed for heat.

But, the heat is coming from above and may not make it to the floor, you should use low speed and this is not something you come into a cold camper turn on and feel all warm and fuzzy.

One ours his been on and running for awhile it stays comfy.

And it is a furnace OR heat strip operation. Even tough two different systems are being used, the T-stat only allows one or the other.

Maybe - Neale - did you replace your thermostat or add a second one just for the heat strip?

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Maybe - Neale - did you replace your thermostat or add a second one just for the heat strip?

The electronic control unit came with a new thermostat but I couldn't find any difference between it and the one that came with the coach...a 3 wire system. It appears the new control box takes care of adding Heat Strip to the options on the thermostat.

Chippendale: The heat strips are only 1500 watts each (think blow dryer) so their ability to heat the whole coach is not nearly as good as the furnace or Cheap Heat. ALSO...The furnace/Cheap Heat provides heat to the area where the water system is located helping to somewhat prevent pipes from freezing. That is lost when using heat strips alone.
As to the appropriate kits to use for your system (if it's Dometic) you can take a look at the Dometic Models and Accessories guide under the Tools Tab above to find out what you'd need. I found the best prices for mine on EBay.

Attachments

• IMG_2552.jpg
    IMG_2552.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 69

porthole

Retired
The electronic control unit came with a new thermostat but I couldn't find any difference between it and the one that came with the coach...a 3 wire system. It appears the new control box takes care of adding Heat Strip to the options on the thermostat.

That's good to know. Our trailer had heat strips since new (July 2009) and at the time the t-stats were still the square mechanical types with a slide switch for each system.