What did you do to your camper today?

TexasTraveler2017

I picked up our Gateway from dfwrvroof.com after getting the RV Flex Armor roof sprayed on this week. We didn’t have anything wrong with our existing roof (it’s only 6 months old) but felt it was a worthwhile investment for our new home since we will be traveling Fulltime the next several years.

This place is a top notch operation. I was able to work with them so that I could get my solar panel mounts installed before they sprayed the roof. They installed the mounts and my j-box for me at no additional charge. When they took the a/c’s off, they noticed that the ducts were not sealed up and went ahead and fixed that for me. I’m also looking forward to no joints to caulk and love that is came with a written lifetime guarantee.

I feel this upgrade along with the MORryde IS should help the longevity of the coach.

1ecc6d51e12247dcd1b69acad2b93f51.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasTraveler2017

Do they remove the rubber membrane when this is applied?

It depends on the condition of the roof. The one next to me they were having to rebuild quite a bit of the roof due to water damage so most of it was removed. On mine they removed areas that were bubbled up and not glued down. They also went past the seam of the front cap by about 6 or 7 inches to cover that stream. Also did the same on the back seam.

f1006c525c02abfed79a666ca4d16238.jpg

fcccc2283c3c2504d314f758adce796f.jpg

Bsvls

We took down the kitchen tv we never use. The area was always so dark so we added faux tin panels and under counter light.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
Cleaned 'er out completely per HL in preparation for transport to factory for warranty work later this month.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

acro2eaa

Worked on broken stuff. Just like the other days. Specifically today, Screws that are pulled out of the cardboard walls. Next week replace seals in toilet so it won't leak down and start troubleshooting intermittent brakes. Oh- and replace the defective kitchen faucet. I've done more repair work on my 15 month old Heartland than I did on my Avion after operating it for 23 years.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
After another 3 month trip I came home with a list of minor fixes, improvements and replacements. Today I finished 2 items.
Like many the vanity faucet had outlived its usefulness. The faux chrome on the plastic was corroded and showing its wear. Replaced it with a nice Delta unit from Lowes.
The other involved the toilet. When done flushing, if you didn’t let the foot pedal “slam” back in place or use your toe to “pull” it back up, the bowl wouldn’t hold any water. So I removed it, separated the bowl from the base, cleaned the seal and seat, and use plumbers grease on the nylon cams on the pedal. Replaced. Definite improvement in the pedal movements. Time will tell.

TexasTraveler2017

Last night I finished taking out the sofa sleeper from the bunk room and installed the bunk beds I built for our girls. The stain I used ended up being a better match than I thought it was going to be when I had it in the garage.

16934011a0a8b157e334164238337b9c.jpg

I also got my 3 new Battle Born lithium batteries installed. They fit perfectly under the bottom drawers of our dresser. This will free up room in the front compartment to store my 50 amp power cord. Maybe even get a MORryde hand crank reel in there.

9fbced4be0451b011db98cac71dd20a0.jpg

Today I just have to hook up the batteries to the system, run wires from the solar panel, and get all of that connected and we’ll be ready to head towards Florida on Thursday.

carl.swoyer

Last night I finished taking out the sofa sleeper from the bunk room and installed the bunk beds I built for our girls. The stain I used ended up being a better match than I thought it was going to be when I had it in the garage.

16934011a0a8b157e334164238337b9c.jpg

I also got my 3 new Battle Born lithium batteries installed. They fit perfectly under the bottom drawers of our dresser. This will free up room in the front compartment to store my 50 amp power cord. Maybe even get a MORryde hand crank reel in there.

Today I just have to hook up the batteries to the system, run wires from the solar panel, and get all of that connected and we’ll be ready to head towards Florida on Thursday.

Looks great ! How many amp hours do you have for each battery.? And what is the model number..?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TexasTraveler2017

Looks great ! How many amp hours do you have for each battery.? And what is the model number..?

I got 3 of the 100 amp hour batteries. Model BB10012.

Hopefully with these and 600 watts of solar, that will take care of keeping the residential fridge running when boondocking. Only run the onan when necessary.

danemayer

Is there any battery gas that needs to be vented out of the living area?

carl.swoyer

I got 3 of the 100 amp hour batteries. Model BB10012.

Hopefully with these and 600 watts of solar, that will take care of keeping the residential fridge running when boondocking. Only run the onan when necessary.

I use 4 group 31 deka AGM batteries with a 220 watt solar panel and the morning star duo charge controller. With good sun I hardly need to run to Onan. I'm sure you're saving alot on weight as my deka batteries are around 80 lb each.

TexasTraveler2017

Is there any battery gas that needs to be vented out of the living area?

No, the lithium doesn’t have off gassing requiring venting. They recommend having them inside where they are not subjected to extreme cold or heat. These have a built in battery management system that would prevent them from charging when it is too cold or discharging when it is too hot to prevent damage to the cells.

TexasTraveler2017

I use 4 group 31 deka AGM batteries with a 220 watt solar panel and the morning star duo charge controller. With good sun I hardly need to run to Onan. I'm sure you're saving alot on weight as my deka batteries are around 80 lb each.

Weight was definitely a selling point for these. Each one weighs 30 lbs, so 90 lbs total for 300 amp hours.

mlpeloquin

Designing military equipment with Lithium batteries require a self contained enclosure that has a positive pressure vent. The enclosure must be designed in such a manor as to explode away from personal. You must have a very good justification to use lithium batteries in a military design. Lithium batteries are great and do not normally outgas when designed properly, charged properly, and sealed. But when they age, the full charge voltage drops by 0.2 to 0.3V and they must be changed out. If kept in service, the positive pressure vent, explosion proof or the designed to explode away from personal comes into play. The only way to know when they have reached the old life is to carefully monitor the fully charged voltage. When a lithium battery fails, it is usually catastrophic and quick. I seen as little as 12 seconds to 40 seconds. They smoke toxic fluoride gass, then flame up. Manufactures do a better job in designing and manufacturing them, but I have seen too many failures to trust them without the proper enclosures. Internal protections are designed in, but if the internal protections designed into them fail, there is know way to tell externally. So know what can happen and monitor the fully charged voltage. So long as they charge fully and the fully charged voltage does not drop, they should be fine.

A very good micro processor controlled lithium battery charger should be used. When a lithium battery is fully charged, the voltage drops as little as 0.05V. That is when the charger should stop charging and never trickle charge a lithium battery. Overcharging a lithium battery is dangerous.

porthole

Retired
Designing military equipment with Lithium batteries require a self contained enclosure that has a positive pressure vent. The enclosure must be designed in such a manor as to explode away from personal. You must have a very good justification to use lithium batteries in a military design. Lithium batteries are great and do not normally outgas when designed properly, charged properly, and sealed. But when they age, the full charge voltage drops by 0.2 to 0.3V and they must be changed out. If kept in service, the positive pressure vent, explosion proof or the designed to explode away from personal comes into play. The only way to know when they have reached the old life is to carefully monitor the fully charged voltage. When a lithium battery fails, it is usually catastrophic and quick. I seen as little as 12 seconds to 40 seconds. They smoke toxic fluoride gass, then flame up. Manufactures do a better job in designing and manufacturing them, but I have seen too many failures to trust them without the proper enclosures. Internal protections are designed in, but if the internal protections designed into them fail, there is know way to tell externally. So know what can happen and monitor the fully charged voltage. So long as they charge fully and the fully charged voltage does not drop, they should be fine.

A very good micro processor controlled lithium battery charger should be used. When a lithium battery is fully charged, the voltage drops as little as 0.05V. That is when the charger should stop charging and never trickle charge a lithium battery. Overcharging a lithium battery is dangerous.

There are 5 basic types of Lithium battereis. What is the military using? Are you referring the non standard lithium-ion lead acid based battery?

The Battle Born batteries are lithium iron phosphate. The LiFePO4 are listed as being "inherently safe"

TexasTraveler2017

This is why the Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) chemistry is such a good fit for RVs. Even in an overcharged state, this type of lithium battery is not combustible. Each battle born battery has a built in BMS to prevent over charging, over discharging, etc.