What did you do to your camper today?

davebennington

Ann and Rick

When I installed the latch on our unit I did drill small pilot holes, and put a small dab of sealant on each screw. I do not believe there is any real supports behind where I mounted it.
Hope this helps. Measure twice or three times and drill once.

dave

Jim.Allison

Most insurance companies will send the check to you if the amount is less than $5k, you might have to complete the repairs to get your loan company to endorse the check but that is easy. Now get your money, and make the repairs yourself then get a nice set of tires for your rig.

BTW, RV solar systems for your rig is eligible for a 30% tax credit. Perhaps you might be interested in a complete 3000 watt system.

Got an estimate from the insurance from my recent TowMax tire failure.......ONLY $4,000!!!!

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
The next MOD is rather simple one as it is just a door latch that keeps the off door slam door from beating itself and me to death when in the open position.

View attachment 34970 View attachment 34966 View attachment 34968

dave

This mod is definitely in my future. We have only had our Ashland for 2 weeks, but that door has already beaten me up! As well thought out as the rest of the coach is, I find it hard to believe that this wasn't already taken care of.

whp4262

Just got the new skylights in and ordered a new A/C shroud. Lost part of the A/C shroud in a storm in Oklahoma City a couple weeks ago. Skylights were starting to crack and leak around the screws so thought I would replace them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caissiel

Just rebuild the outside rear wall. Insulated with 1 1/2 foam insulation.
Added about 30 more screws to keep the wall secured after finding out the only 3 screw to hold the wall to the floor had punched through the inside panelling. It was a miracle the roof and side wall stayed straight with the rotted ends on the rear wall.
I to stay away from dealers, and if something breaks I repair it better then new. After all if failing parts don't get modified it will fail again. Thus the reason for an other trip to the dealer.

Jim.Allison

Went out to say hello to the rig, I exercised the generator, checked the battery acid level, checked solar charging history, removed the drain plug on the water heater. I also notice that my rig only reached a low temp of 42 degrees last night. I was not interested in risking another 29 degree night with water in the water heater. But upon draining it I was able to determine that it was nowhere near freezing temperature.

MagnoliaTom

Bought a new drain plug for water heater and a flushing wand. Drain plug has a built in drain valve. Going to drain and flush water heater if it ever stops raining

danemayer

Adjusted the tension on the bedroom slide topper. When I replaced it a few months ago, the fabric was not as wide as the original, so the spring tension was higher. Unrolled it 2 turns to get closer to the original tension.

brianlajoie

I had to remove a slide topper. Looks like we brushed against a tree limb. Will order some parts. Bummer.
Cleaned and treated the slide seals yesterday. Today we washed the trailer. Tomorrow we re-wax the nose cone.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I didn't do anything to my camper but I did have a "nelly muffin" today as I was sent home with some mix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jimtoo

I didn't do anything to my camper but I did have a "nelly muffin" today as I was sent home with some mix.

YOU WERE WHAT????? Sent HOME with "nelly muffin" mix???? Just how or what did you do to get it?

I expect a dishonest answer! :)

Jim M

jassson007

Well......I could tell ya but then I'd have to kill ya and we don't want that do we? Lol

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Took a tour of the mud bog, aka storage lot, trying to decide if I should try to take my camper out this weekend and enjoy the warm weather that has finally arrived here.

jassson007

Knew that would stir more than a few of you up. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HornedToad

I took my SOB to the dealer in Dallas for warranty.

I followed this thread with great interest in the maintenance/repair/replacement if the waste gate cable. My front grey tank handle was very difficult to pull. Not long after I read Bill's post about the replacement, I broke the handle off. Since this was the only issue that I was considering submitting under warranty, the detailed instructions in the post gave me the confidence to tackle the job myself and save the 700 mile round-trip for service. I ordered two new waste valves with cables and four "trap flaps" to access all the valves because my underbelly is riveted and hard to remove.

This past weekend I was all set to repair the cable myself. Just as Bill described the cable was wrapped in tight circles around the plumbing behind the UDC wall causing the tension. When I crawled up under the trailer to figure out how to install the "trap flaps" I noticed the rear off door level up jack was leaking hydraulic fluid.

I stopped right there because I didn't want to even consider messing with the hydraulics, even if it just meant tightening up a line. I figured if I was going to take it back for the leak, then I would let the dealer also fix the broken cable.

Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.
Peter Drucker

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Helped the local service center move some fifth wheels today. Always a good thing to keep in good with those guys....

x60eg1.jpg

2h4x9bs.jpg