What did you do to your camper today?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I drove from Junction TX to Fort Stockton TX. Making our way to Denver.

We've got a bad snow storm going on in Denver right now . . .

Took me almost four hours (typically a 45 minute drive) to drive home from Lone Tree to Thornton just to get home from work tonight . . .

I left work at 3:40 p.m. and got home at 7:30 p.m. tonight!

Roughly a 32 mile drive.

silvasp

Took my 2015 North Trail in for repair. Nothing serious. Just the Black tank sprayer blasting water everywhere. Now to wait the 3+ weeks to get it back :(

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
In the process of getting my bearings re packed. Someone did a great job from factory but it was still time to redo them. Also fixed a heater exhaust issue that intake was pulling in exhaust back in to fan intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagnoliaTom

In the process of getting my bearings re packed. Someone did a great job from factory but it was still time to redo them. Also fixed a heater exhaust issue that intake was pulling in exhaust back in to fan intake.

Wow, someone did a great job at the factory? There needs to be 100 more of him (her)!!

jassson007

Wow, someone did a great job at the factory? There needs to be 100 more of him (her)!!

Actually my trailer has for the most part been trouble free and what has broke I have fixed. As far as the bearings though the grease still looked clean, no issues with the actual bearings or seals and breaks were adjusted fine as I had uniform wear.

Jim.Allison

I have notice on this forum that is seems like those that take their units in for warranty work seem to have multiple ongoing warranty problems. Mine has never been back and like you I have fixed the minor problems myself. I firmly believe that the service departments at dealerships can put you into a death spiral of warranty issues. Im not saying they do it on purpose, but, there seems to be two kinds of 5th wheels, those that are perfect and those that spend their entire lives being serviced at the dealer. Everything from wheel bearing seals being blown out, to multiple repairs to the same component, and accidental damage to the rig itself, for example dropping it on its landing gear. There is just too much (albeit anecdotal) evidence to support my position. Have you ever heard someone say to "stay out of the hospital, they will kill you in there?" That is the way I feel about dealer repairs, stay away unless you absolutely have to take your rig there.

Actually my trailer has for the most part been trouble free and what has broke I have fixed. As far as the bearings though the grease still looked clean, no issues with the actual bearings or seals and breaks were adjusted fine as I had uniform wear.

Last edited:

jassson007

Now I did have someone do the re packing them for me as I have never done it but I know how to now and can do it myself next time but like you said I would rather do it myself

MagnoliaTom

I have notice on this forum that is seems like those that take their units in for warranty work seem to have multiple ongoing warranty problems. Mine has never been back and like you I have fixed the minor problems myself. I firmly believe that the service departments at dealerships can put you into a death spiral of warranty issues. Im not saying they do it on purpose, but, there seems to be two kinds of 5th wheels, those that are perfect and those that spend their entire lives being serviced at the dealer. Everything from wheel bearing seals being blown out, to multiple repairs to the same component, and accidental damage to the rig itself, for example dropping it on its landing gear. There is just too much (albeit anecdotal) evidence to support my position. Have you ever heard someone say to "stay out of the hospital, they will kill you in there?" That is the way I feel about dealer repairs, stay away unless you absolutely have to take your rig there.

Funny I was thinking the exact same thing. I try my darnedest to keep away from the dealer. My previous rig was great until I had a slide out gasket that got torn (still don't know how). The dealer replaced it twice and was never right. Each time I got it back, new things needed to be repaired as well. Got tired of the leaks and traded it in for my current unit. My elkridge has been great so far. No real issues. Minor stuff that I fix myself. One thing that bugs me is the kitchen slide is out of alignment. If you follow the bottom edge and compare it to the "grout" line of the floor it sticks out like s sore thumb. I'm reluctant to have them adjust it because I don't want other issues to "pop up"

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Trailer is still in storage, but it finally got in the 20s today with some SUN. So I finished up a mod on the old RAM. After a ton of research? I installed an S&B dry filter cold air intake.
11iiczp.jpg

Then the wife and I went for a test run and did something in the truck we haven't done since early November (no dirty thoughts....). We got fuel. Cashed in all my fuel perks. 30 gallons. $0.00 cost. That put a smile on my face.
254zmep.jpg

15ckke0.jpg

BLHFUN

I pulled the trailer on to the beach in south sunny Florida. Porch down, awning up, bride by my side. Poured a nice glass of Pinot and kicked back and watched the waves for hours. All the sudden... WHAM! I woke up! Off to shovel the driveway for a third time today! I need SPRING!!! image.jpgimage.jpg

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Visited for the first time in over a month. Battery was a little low. Enough power to operate the electric bedroom slide, but too little to power the bigger hydraulics. Time to hook up the generator or better yet, put a new battery in next month.

jbeletti

I finished packing up the interior, cleaning things up inside and winterizing (with compressed air). Heading to Elkhart tomorrow to pickup a new rig.