What did you do to your camper today?

oldelmer1

Well...

Yesterday I registered my truck and Prowler in the state of South Dakota!

Cost less for both vehicles and the trip up here than it would have for the Prowler by itself in Colorado or Arizona.

Hangin' out in Rapid City, SD for a couple more days...

JohnD, I assume you are using a mail center for your address?

And did you change YOUR state residence to SD?

Aandaar

Please let us know how it works.

First impression on the tinting is positive. When the sun would hit the windows in the afternoon you could feel the heat coming off them up six inches away. If you touched them I think you could of fried an egg on them.

Now there is still some heat transfer but not near as much. Also now you can actually touch the windows and hold your hand on it for as long as you want.

The real test will be the trip at the end of the month to Yuma AZ and the river.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aandaar

If you are talking Yuma, AZ...

I just moved there.

I'm on the road up in South Dakota right now, but I'll be back in about a week and a half if you'd like to have a beer or dinner or something!

We will be at Rivers Edge RV park starting the 29th for four days. Stop by if you get the chance one evening for a beer or something a little stronger.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
First impression on the tinting is positive. When the sun would hit the windows in the afternoon you could feel the heat coming off them up six inches away. If you touched them I think you could of fried an egg on them.

Now there is still some heat transfer but not near as much. Also now you can actually touch the windows and hold your hand on it for as long as you want.

The real test will be the trip at the end of the month to Yuma AZ and the river.

I will be waiting to hear some feadback.

Rod

rahewett

We had enough of the faucets that came in the Wilderness so I picked these up at Lowes. First 2 pics are the old ones. The kitchen one never worked good from the start, really stiff to move and the spray head was messed up. New ones are great.
f67ceb0dffd762a8d30e8c5e266d72ab.jpg
cad1528d91a911050e2d8dfc6da37e52.jpg
02f75b312af11eedc2e2ae59c3a81888.jpg
164696bc09648b9bdbe25baabd3f4ca8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

Washed the rig and replaced the Anderson valve cartridge. Sure enough I had one torn seal. Fresh water tank was filling slowly while hooked up to city water. Now I have three spare seals. Boy that lube is sticky. 🤔

mlpeloquin

After four and a half years I had to replace the poop tank valve. Easier then the two gray water valves that I have done twice. Had to remove the Gorilla tape I used on the coroplast. When I put the coroplast back together, I used AP products bottom board repair tape. I am impressed with it.

SNOKING

Put a dab of welders glue on every end cap on the MCD blinds. That is FOUR on each of the many window, expect behind the stove. Removed each cap and put glue on the center divider area and reinstalled. Hopefully I will not be trying to fine the missing ends on the floor, behind the theater seating etc etc. Found one in the area beside the head of the bed in the slide keeping the 38 company. Had to use DW's back scratcher to retrieve that one as my arm would not fit in the area.

https://www.amazon.com/Homax-730657...8&qid=1530024921&sr=8-1&keywords=welders+glue

I use this glue on my RC airplanes for certain tasks. Makes a rubbery repair that sticks well.

Last edited:

Aandaar

I will be waiting to hear some feadback.

Rod

Afternoon all

Update on the ceramic residential window tint we installed on all the windows of our 3970RD.

So we arrived at Rivers Edge RV Resort yesterday afternoon. We traveled from San Diego to Winterhaven. Once dropped into valley after the Chocolates, the Valley floor temp was 108 to 110.

We all know what the inside temps are like when you finally park. The inside was not bad and it only took about 15 minutes running both A/Cs to cool of the trailer to an acceptable temp.

Night time temps where in the low 80s high 70s yesterday. So the A/C where set to 65 and after about 2 hours started cycling and continued the rest of the night.

Got up today at 6am and it was already 90 outside with high humidity. A/Cs still cycling.

It is now 2pm and current temp today is 106, A/C are running full time but are keeping the interior theme at a very comfortable 68 to 72 degrees.

We will be here for four full days and the average temps for the area are going to be on 106 to 108 range.

I used an infrared pistol thermometer and outside glass temps are between 110 and 127 degrees. Inside window temps average from 80 to 90 degrees.

So bottom line was it worth the cost. I will just say happy wife makes for happy life.

I was look at installing a third A/C but I believe we can hold off on that for now.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Afternoon all

Update on the ceramic residential window tint we installed on all the windows of our 3970RD.

So we arrived at Rivers Edge RV Resort yesterday afternoon. We traveled from San Diego to Winterhaven. Once dropped into valley after the Chocolates, the Valley floor temp was 108 to 110.

We all know what the inside temps are like when you finally park. The inside was not bad and it only took about 15 minutes running both A/Cs to cool of the trailer to an acceptable temp.

Night time temps where in the low 80s high 70s yesterday. So the A/C where set to 65 and after about 2 hours started cycling and continued the rest of the night.

Got up today at 6am and it was already 90 outside with high humidity. A/Cs still cycling.

It is now 2pm and current temp today is 106, A/C are running full time but are keeping the interior theme at a very comfortable 68 to 72 degrees.

We will be here for four full days and the average temps for the area are going to be on 106 to 108 range.

I used an infrared pistol thermometer and outside glass temps are between 110 and 127 degrees. Inside window temps average from 80 to 90 degrees.

So bottom line was it worth the cost. I will just say happy wife makes for happy life.

I was look at installing a third A/C but I believe we can hold off on that for now.

Tell us again, what brand of window tint and approximate cost for install?

Aandaar

Tell us again, what brand of window tint and approximate cost for install?

So update. At about 3pm today was the hottest part of the day and it was about 108. The internal temp did go up but I pulled the fan out of the closet and placed it in the living room.

Still acceptable to the wife at about 75 degrees. External skin temps were all above 125. Internal wall temps were in the 80s and windows were in the 90s.

When it is this hot out the wife won’t leave the trailer so she never feels the out side temp and the difference inside.

Me I don’t mind being out in the heat so that when do come in for a refill to me it is a dramatic difference.

Just wanted to give that quick update. Now for what you asked about.

The tint is from LLumar with a 35 % tint. It is considered a dual purpose tint used in residences and would be a high end window tint.

From what I understand this type of tint is preferred in the Phoenix area.

According to the literature it says the the 35% will cut heat transfer by approximately 50%. So far I am seeing a 30 to 35% reduction.

If I remember correctly the Limo tint was about a claimed 75% reduction.

As far as cost it is pricey. So 3970 has 38 individual windows (each smaller section is counted). The installer arrived at 7am and completed the job at 7pm. Total install was 1400. Remember I am in Cali. I made a random call to a tinted and got a quote of 900 to 1100. They would not commit to a firm price over the phone without seeing the trailer. Also I did not do any research on the business for quality of work.

Sorry for the long winded reply. But I firmly believe in providing all variables. Guess it’s the engineer side of me coming through.

TravelTiger

So update. At about 3pm today was the hottest part of the day and it was about 108. The internal temp did go up but I pulled the fan out of the closet and placed it in the living room.

Still acceptable to the wife at about 75 degrees. External skin temps were all above 125. Internal wall temps were in the 80s and windows were in the 90s.

When it is this hot out the wife won’t leave the trailer so she never feels the out side temp and the difference inside.

Me I don’t mind being out in the heat so that when do come in for a refill to me it is a dramatic difference.

Just wanted to give that quick update. Now for what you asked about.

The tint is from LLumar with a 35 % tint. It is considered a dual purpose tint used in residences and would be a high end window tint.

From what I understand this type of tint is preferred in the Phoenix area.

According to the literature it says the the 35% will cut heat transfer by approximately 50%. So far I am seeing a 30 to 35% reduction.

If I remember correctly the Limo tint was about a claimed 75% reduction.

As far as cost it is pricey. So 3970 has 38 individual windows (each smaller section is counted). The installer arrived at 7am and completed the job at 7pm. Total install was 1400. Remember I am in Cali. I made a random call to a tinted and got a quote of 900 to 1100. They would not commit to a firm price over the phone without seeing the trailer. Also I did not do any research on the business for quality of work.

Sorry for the long winded reply. But I firmly believe in providing all variables. Guess it’s the engineer side of me coming through.

Thanks very much for the details! We have the Big Country 4010RD, which is a similar floorplan, but I think our living room slideout windows are smaller.

Aandaar

Thanks very much for the details! We have the Big Country 4010RD, which is a similar floorplan, but I think our living room slideout windows are smaller.

You are very welcome. I personally think this will work for us. As I said wife does not do well in high heat areas. So next year we retire and go full time for a few years.

My plan is to be a type of so bird with be in the mountains during the summer months and in the southern areas during the winter month.

If I could find a place where it never got above 65 or below 50 she would be in very happy wife.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Afternoon all

Thank you!! That’s great info!! I will have to look into getting that done.

Rod

TravelTiger

4th of July, we attempted to add a set of BAL manual stabilizing jacks to the rear of our BC 4010RD, in hopes of lessening the bouncy in the living room.

I say attempted, because we ended up breaking not one but two of the supplied screws, and then had to make a hardware store run for a cut-off wheel and opted for a new replacement nut/bolt combo instead.

Besides the supplied screws that failed, the product seems well-made and very heavy-duty. Much better looking than the powered rear jacks on our previous rig.

We opted for manual operation mainly to save on cost. $175 vs $400+ for electric.

26ad1ee3738fd4d98d2c07093ea471d8.jpg

The product, pre-install

f3397b00759a548e4863391f9fb3e3b5.jpg

Drilling holes

Due to the heat, we had to wait to finish the project today.

We'll see if they help! :)