What did you do to your camper today?

SNOKING

We have the Norcold 4 door refrigerator/freezer. It wasn't keeping either area cold enough. When I pulled the covers off I found that there were two 4" fans and a piece of sheet metal blocking all but about 2" of the upper exhaust. I removed the piece of sheet metal, and replaced the two 4" computer fans with the following "AeroCool Silent Master 200mm Blue LED Cooling Fan EN55642" I got these on Amazon for $19.00 each. These fans are almost 8" and move way more air and are very very quiet. They also have a soft Blue glow to them that you can see at night, which is good because they're so quiet you can't hear them. The refrig. runs about 15-20 degrees cooler and the freezer actually keeps the ice cream frozen. Seems like a win/win to me. Gotta have frozen ice cream.

BTW I got this idea from the following youtube video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wVTP89-Btg&t=197s It was an easy 1 hour job, and makes a BIG difference.

You have to be a little careful in very damp conditions that you do not trip the "recall box" by drawing in to much "wet" air.

We defrosted our Nevercold 2118 today and while at it I removed all four door latches and washed and cleaned them, as the latch pins had been sticking in the retracted position. They are working much better now. Just two screws to remove on each latch. Chris

Aandaar

We were not able to go anywhere this week due to my wife still recovering from knee replacement. So pulled the 5th out and washed, waxed, and installed the new stairs.

e2907e1628db11167a834210540f390a.jpg

afdd26303f97e9a116492253ce8b2561.jpg

fccd01b127c2638958ed9b26b773cb8d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mthompson

I ordered two of the fans. I also run a low temp switch to kick the fans on. Chris

I agree, you wouldn't want to draw in to much air, but since the fans are mounted up at the top and tilted to blow the air out, I don't think it's making too much draw. I removed the 2 old 4" fans and wired the 2 new fans to the same wires so all factory circuitry is still in place. The fans don't run continuously, just when the temp. sensors call for the fans. By doing this, it just moves more air and directs it out the top more efficiently, but it's not like it's a gale force. I hope you're as happy with your results as we are.

SNOKING

I agree, you wouldn't want to draw in to much air, but since the fans are mounted up at the top and tilted to blow the air out, I don't think it's making too much draw. I removed the 2 old 4" fans and wired the 2 new fans to the same wires so all factory circuitry is still in place. The fans don't run continuously, just when the temp. sensors call for the fans. By doing this, it just moves more air and directs it out the top more efficiently, but it's not like it's a gale force. I hope you're as happy with your results as we are.

Ice Cream! I am thinking about Ice Cream! Thanks Chris

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Not today, but over the last week we've been moving! From one Heartland to another! And no, not a new one!

Our BIg Country has a date in Elkhart with Heartland, and I still have to work full time. Tony is off for summer from teaching, so he is hauling it from Texas to Indiana.

My sister-in-law and her guy recently purchased a used Bighorn, so they are letting us borrow it for the time Tony is gone.

We moved batches every day for 4 days, to clear out our stuff for the factory to do their thing. I'm enjoying the BH with the cats, a few sites over from our "home site".

Say some travel prayers for Tony as he goes it alone the next few days up to Elkhart, and that the work is easy for HL. They'll have it 5 days, then he heads back.

a7b715277bb895cfcfae1b52295bb6dd.jpg

Big Country getting hitched to go, Bighorn in the distance.

CoveredWagon

Installed a Rv Lock. Install went fine, but I’ll be darned if I could program the code following the paper instructions. Pulled them up on u tube and bingo, worked very first time.
Don’t ask, I don’t know. 🤨

uncledon

Her chauffeur
Say some travel prayers for Tony as he goes it alone the next few days up to Elkhart, and that the work is easy for HL. They'll have it 5 days

Prayers for safe travels Tony. Erica I was curious how you got a firm timeline from HL? They had ours for 6 wks. I could never get a good answer on time to complete even after they got it and could assess it. Granted the work required may alter what they can forecast.

Secondly, make sure Tony checks work carefully. When we went back down to inspect and pickup the unit, it was not very clean and had splatters of something unrelated to our work all over the side. I made sure it would come off and wife asked them why it wasn't cleaned up? They said they don't have facilities to clean them. When we got it home we hand washed and waxed the unit. We found multiple areas on the exterior that had over spray and blemishes. Needless to say, we were not very happy with that experience.

I did convey that to the contact person via email at HL.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks for the insight. We scheduled the work back in September of last year and we as told it would take 5 days. We have added some items since then, and we're not informed of any change to the end date, though we are somewhat flexible if needed.

Loren1227

We have a Sundance XLT 189MB. MB stands for Murphy Bed.

We have been struggling from day one and with some help from the Heartland service department thank you Robert we received some new larger latch hooks that now attach behind the sofa so the straps are not hitting us in the neck as we sit on the sofa. So nice to totally relax in comfort on the sofa.

My modification for today.

Aandaar

Had the window tint guy here today and had all the windows done with a residential heat/infra red reducing tint.

Supposed to cut heat transfer by 50%. Will have to see how it works. Our next trip out is to the river near Yuma/Winterhaven.

5f01fe97542ab05b614180f69e2f632c.heic

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Had the window tint guy here today and had all the windows done with a residential heat/infra red reducing tint.

Supposed to cut heat transfer by 50%. Will have to see how it works. Our next trip out is to the river near Yuma/Winterhaven.

5f01fe97542ab05b614180f69e2f632c.heic

Please let us know how it works.

Aandaar

We'd be very interested in knowing approx. what the cost was and how you think it's working. It mounts on the inside doesn't it? Thanks

Yes on the inside. He is still working on it and it is pricey. But I guess it is relative. It cost me about 450 to do the Truck and it is only six windows.

This is a total of 18 windows. The quote was 1400. We will see what the final bill is.

It is still cheaper than installing a third AC.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our next trip out is to the river near Yuma/Winterhaven.

If you are talking Yuma, AZ...

I just moved there.

I'm on the road up in South Dakota right now, but I'll be back in about a week and a half if you'd like to have a beer or dinner or something!

travlingman

Picked up the rig from having a new roof installed. Didn't cost me a dime, Dicor picked up the tab. Not to bad considering the rig is 4 1/2 years old.

SNOKING

Our toilet bowl was not holding water. So I tackled installing a new ball valve seal. I did it without removing the toilet from the floor. It is the Aqua-Magic Style II and has two bolts in the back and a slight turn CCW to release the top from the bottom. laying on the floor with my head sticking threw the slide doorway to the bedroom worked best. Disconnected the hose between the foot valve and bowl at the foot valve end. Our bowl sprayer is connected the the bowl end of things, so it was not an issue. I used the 3.8" socket with a shortie wobble handled racket. 1/4" shortie racket also worked, however the wobble handle 3/8" was fasted and easier to use. New seal is now holding water. I watch an youtube video first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX7-JT7Bcmg

Chris

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Our toilet bowl was not holding water. So I tackled installing a new ball valve seal. I did it without removing the toilet from the floor. It is the Aqua-Magic Style II and has two bolts in the back and a slight turn CCW to release the top from the bottom. laying on the floor with my head sticking threw the slide doorway to the bedroom worked best. Disconnected the hose between the foot valve and bowl at the foot valve end. Our bowl sprayer is connected the the bowl end of things, so it was not an issue. I used the 3.8" socket with a shortie wobble handled racket. 1/4" shortie racket also worked, however the wobble handle 3/8" was fasted and easier to use. New seal is now holding water. I watch an youtube video first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX7-JT7Bcmg

Chris

Ours wasn’t holding water either unless you made sure to lift UP on the foot pedal to seat the ball. I removed the whole toilet, separated the bowl from the base, removed and cleaned the rubber seal, added some plumbers grease to the moving parts, cleaned the floor flange and reinstalled.
Holding water and the foot pedal works more smoothly.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Well...

Yesterday I registered my truck and Prowler in the state of South Dakota!

Cost less for both vehicles and the trip up here than it would have for the Prowler by itself in Colorado or Arizona.

NewSDPlates.jpg NewSDPlatesProwler.jpg

Hangin' out in Rapid City, SD for a couple more days...