What did you do to your camper today?

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I have the itch. I also have a lot of work I want to do too before we do our first trip in April with everyone.

It's kinda of hard not to think about camping when you look out your hotel window and see this.....
e7fqzl.jpg

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
It's OK to think about it, but I really like the little red sign.

Jim M

Yeah, that sign and my wife had the same idea. 2 days here and I never had a chance to step foot in there. Leaving for Baltimore tomorrow before they open.

DENIED!!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Found a flat tire on the RV at the storage lot yesterday. Went back today and took it off (thank you level-up!). Found a small nail hole right where the tread meets the sidewalk (in that "gray" repairable/not repairable area). Not worth the risk to repair. Ordered a new G614 from SimpleTire this evening. With shipping came to $304. Not too bad. Ironically, this is the same tire that I had to replace two years ago for the same reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Today, Tony worked to get all of his tv related components hooked up in our new BC 4010RD.

Some back story--- the day before the Super Bowl, having owned our trailer a week, the TV picture went out on the 55" Insignia TV that fills the back wall of this unit. Argh! Well, Tony was able to remove the 55" and move the 32" from the bedroom onto the mount to have a living room tv to watch for SB50 and until we got a replacement.

I contacted HL to see if we could get a replacement under warranty sent to us directly, rather then going through a dealer. They had me send pics and specs, which we did.

Well, this week the replacement tv arrived! Except, the tv was a newer model. (The old one was already discontinued, I noticed, when I was looking for troubleshooting info.)

Although the new tv is lighter weight, it's also undergone a complete redesign!!

The soundbar no longer fits attached below the tv. The component connections are on the opposite side of the tv. The mounting points are in a different location.

All of this caused lots of issues to get the tv back in working order with the components we wanted attached to it. (The soundbar now sits on the countertop under the tv rather then being attached, we had to move the wall bracket creating unsightly (but hidden) holes where it was moved, and we had to purchase longer cables for many of our components.)

We didn't get a return ship label for the old tv, so I have to contact them Monday and see what to do with it. I doubt it will fit the box/styrofoam of the new one, as the new tv is also a bit slimmer.

Although I am thrilled to have our 55" TV back and working well, it was a little frustrating that the new one was soooo different and caused so many headaches.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Glad to hear it's fixed and sorry to hear about the difficulty's. That always seems to be the case, nothing is ever easy like it should be.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

windviewer

Began construction of a charging centre. Designed to do fast charge from generator, followed by finish. up with solar. (or just solar, or just generator). inspired with reference to rv.net forum discussions and handybob's blog.

this is as far as i got today. waiting on some connectors from powerwerx and silicone wire from draganfly.

image.jpg

not fully wired. designed to connect to batteries stored at front of tt. battery monitor (victron 701 remote in the trailer) and trimetric in the storage area.

the powerfeed to the power supply is waiting for an intermatic 4 hour timer for the fast charge cycle (the lower right box).

solar input will be from the sb50 powerpole connector (no wires yet - the red connector on the right, middle)

inverter is just for electronics recharge and one television.

Bones

Began construction of a charging centre. Designed to do fast charge from generator, followed by finish. up with solar. (or just solar, or just generator). inspired with reference to rv.net forum discussions and handybob's blog.

this is as far as i got today. waiting on some connectors from powerwerx and silicone wire from draganfly.

View attachment 43183

not fully wired. designed to connect to batteries stored at front of tt. battery monitor (victron 701 remote in the trailer) and trimetric in the storage area.

the powerfeed to the power supply is waiting for an intermatic 4 hour timer for the fast charge cycle (the lower right box).

solar input will be from the sb50 powerpole connector (no wires yet - the red connector on the right, middle)

inverter is just for electronics recharge and one television.
Looking good.

'Lil Guy'

Just brought it home from storage. Going to install the Maxxair vent cover in bathroom and the Fantastik fan vent cover in the kitchen. Installing the back up camera and loading up the sat antennae and everything else for the long haul and moving it to our new home in East Texas this coming weekend.

jhardin

Mike,
Just a suggestion. I have a tailgater and I connect the tailgater to the coax from tailgater to input (satalite) connection. I use a HDMI cable from TV to receiver. I use a coax cable from output TV on receiver to what would be input from cable. This way you can watch all TV's in camper, even outside TV (be sure to turn off the booster in bedroom).
If you think about it, when you connect cable, it goes to all TV's. This is the same thing you just reverse it and use HDMI cable to TV leaving you output on receiver free to go to other TV's. Hope I didn't confuse you.

pegmikef

Mike,
Just a suggestion. I have a tailgater and I connect the tailgater to the coax from tailgater to input (satalite) connection. I use a HDMI cable from TV to receiver. I use a coax cable from output TV on receiver to what would be input from cable. This way you can watch all TV's in camper, even outside TV (be sure to turn off the booster in bedroom).
If you think about it, when you connect cable, it goes to all TV's. This is the same thing you just reverse it and use HDMI cable to TV leaving you output on receiver free to go to other TV's. Hope I didn't confuse you.

Can you change channels on all the TVs or just the one with the HDMI output?

On edit. I think I tried that, but then I wasn't able to get OTA/catv simultaneously or something like that . . . I remember there was something about it I didn't like, but thanks for the tip.

jhardin

Can you change channels on all the TVs or just the one with the HDMI output?

On edit. I think I tried that, but then I wasn't able to get OTA/catv simultaneously or something like that . . . I remember there was something about it I didn't like, but thanks for the tip.
Mike,
You will be able to watch just what you are watching on your receiver. I took the receiver from the house along with a dish receiver on tripod. Then I could watch tv in den and change Chanel's on the other. Of course the receiver from house is for two TV's.

rxbristol

My wife punishes me by having me paint. She wanted lighter wood so I painted the the front side of the island a light gray and she did the fire surround and backsplashes with the 'stickem' tile. I noticed, in the picture, I missed part of the baseboard on the island--I'll have to get that tomorrow.

IMG_20160222_131105011_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160217_092132109.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
My wife punishes me by having me paint. She wanted lighter wood so I painted the the front side of the island a light gray and she did the fire surround and backsplashes with the 'stickem' tile. I noticed, in the picture, I missed part of the baseboard on the island--I'll have to get that tomorrow.

View attachment 43208

View attachment 43209

Looks great, Rex! Can't wait to see it in person. That will definitely need to be on our rig tour.