What did you do to your camper today?

jbeletti

Jerrod, I am getting all kinds of great ideas and mods from everyone on this forum. But, it's starting to add up the $. The chrome tail lights rings were delivered today and I purchased the egg-crate foam pad from Target to insulate the Outdoor TV area. Got to get those projects done before our inaugural trip this weekend to Jackson Rancheria.

You'll be running with the big dawgs with all your mods!

Say - I think Art and Theresa M will be in Jackson at the same time. Look for them in a Bighorn. Great people. Watch their dogs though - they can't hold their licker :)

TikiDawg

Thanks Jim, I will keep an eye out for Art and Theresa and their Bighorn. We will be there Friday and Saturday nights. A little off topic but is there a common place on the coach to display the Heartland Owner Club decal? I not sure I want to apply it directly to the paint. I noticed in one Jerrod's photos that he had it down on the frame rail.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Steve ours was a plastic plaque and I used it to cover that big white sticker Heartland put on my frame. I can still access the info on the sticker if I ever need it but I don't have to look at it the rest of the time.
If yours it a decal you could get a piece plastic from tap plastic and have them cut it out to match your decal then mount it where you want it.
9d763ddeeebb8eaa255c072c006ca731.jpg
c4b03252d514ab2bfbd2db1d44f84fee.jpg

5ebea5212a9ac53a884ef23c3ecc77e4.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
My weekend projects. Added a few improvements to bring the 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon up to 2016 standards:

New slide opener for the screen door:
screen opener.jpg

Some woodwork finishing above the residential fridge we installed last fall:
fridge upper.jpg

New LED taillights:
tailights.jpg

Installed an auto transfer switch for the residential fridge. Primary power is shore power, secondary is inverter. Auto switches to primary when I hook to shore power. (ATS is not as crooked as the picture makes it seems. Angle of iPhone caused some distortion). This is still a little rough. Will tidy up after I'm sure everything is working A-OK.
inverter.jpg

Also installed two new Interstate Group 27 RV Deep Cycle Batteries wired in parallel.

Domi

With temperatures in Northern Colorado in the 70's we took the trailer out for the first camp out of the year. Went to our current favorite place up in Wyoming. Found out that after 4 months we had forgotten a few things (how to back up the trailer being a big one). Got to try out the new backup camera (works great for the hitch, still working on site backing). Forgot to pack some stuff we would have liked (somehow an empty tea box got included, not really helpful). Had some new containers for dry goods, they leaked (rice goes in amazing places if not contained). It was a relaxing weekend though, any weekend camping is better than one at home.

Got home today and re-winterized the trailer as they are predicting snow and lows in the teens by Friday.

We will be out again soon. Hope to see you out there.

Domi and John

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
With temperatures in Northern Colorado in the 70's we took the trailer out for the first camp out of the year. Went to our current favorite place up in Wyoming.

We used to go up near Centennial, WY a lot back in our tent camping days.

Haven't been up there in a long time (last time was the same weekend that Princess Di got killed).

Hope to get back up there soon!

DougS

Doug S
Finally finished the last of my moving my mods from my LM to the BH with the running of a 30 amp shore line from the king pin to a transfer switch for running the gens from truck. Also completed was the moving over my 2,000 watt inverter for whole rig power (excluding high amp items). All systems tested and working. Also installed was a 12 volt meter at controll panel to manage power.

Geoman

Swapped out the ceiling speakers for a better pair of Rockford Fosgates. Made a big difference in the quality of the radio and TV sound thru the speakers.

mlpeloquin

I have read in another thread about shocks and mounts. We have gone over 15K miles in three and a half years. So I ordered a set of Monroe's. This is what I found when I went to replace them.
Cracked Mounts.JPG Cracked Mounts 2.JPG Missing Mounts.JPG

All rubber bushings were cracked and all top nuts were loose. Not even finger tight. The missing one could not have been gone long since the paint where the rubber bushing was fairly clean and the stud had some dirt where it was but no rust. I greased the bearings last November, so it has fallen off between then and now. The bottom nuts I removed with my fingers after a half turn with a box wrench. The bushing were so deteriorated to the point that the nuts were loose. The nuts did not loosen do to shock and vibe, but the bushings shrank to the point that they became loose. I used Loctite when I installed the new ones along with Polyurethane bushings.

New shocks took less than an hour to put on. Well my I-phone made this upside down.
Shocks Left.JPG Shocks Right.JPG

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Dropped the pin in box yesterday and setup in the CG along the Indian River Inlet on the Delaware coast. Us and a motor home are the only ones here!!! Bright, sunny, 60's!!
A little sightseeing and eating while we're here on our first outing of 2016!!!
Our view of the bridge over the Inlet at night...
9c3f9925fdbea35cd1e4cff7f9235125.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dumboldles

Changed out the door lock system with a RV Lock system. I took advantage of the Heartland deal with RV Lock to get the reduced price and additional fob.

Dumboldles

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Installed a Flag Pole Buddy. Then put a coat of McGuires Gold Class on the front cap. Will start the sides and rear cap as soon as we get another break in the weather.
10wpert.jpg

Bones

Dropped the pin in box yesterday and setup in the CG along the Indian River Inlet on the Delaware coast. Us and a motor home are the only ones here!!! Bright, sunny, 60's!!
A little sightseeing and eating while we're here on our first outing of 2016!!!
Our view of the bridge over the Inlet at night...
9c3f9925fdbea35cd1e4cff7f9235125.jpg

Did you stay on the new side or the old side? We were there last year and are going to be there again this year at memorial day on the old side

- - - Updated - - -

Installed a Flag Pole Buddy. Then put a coat of McGuires Gold Class on the front cap. Will start the sides and rear cap as soon as we get another break in the weather.
10wpert.jpg

Looks good Jamie. You would be jealous of the new front caps on the Elkhart models

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Did you stay on the new side or the old side? We were there last year and are going to be there again this year at memorial day on side
ls

Old side. Needed to top off FW tank and that's where they have frost free hydrants as water to the sites is not on yet.
New side is nicer but we have the old side to ourselves.
Here until Saturday morning then heading home.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Today we finally received our license plate for our new BC and put it on! (Today is the day the paper plate expires.) There was no caulk or butyl tape underneath the screws or around the hole for wiring for the license plate holder/light going into the rear cap, so we added some butyl tape.