What did you do to your camper today?

Nbomar

Loaded her up and pulled to Kansas City for the weekend! That's what I did.
4b4606684a39e4a83ed9adddb0a012ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rahewett

Wilderness loaded and headed to Charleston SC in a couple of hours. Be there till the 5th, then back to work.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

MCTalley

What is good about PPL is that they only sell consignment used RVs. With a dealer you will be competing with new trailers on the lot which I THINK has a better profit margin.

Malcom, PPL's New Braunfels location sold my SOB a couple of years ago in a month, it was about 8/9 years old and not in "cherry condition". They sometimes offer their detail service for free as advertising, and they will have much more traffic on their lots looking to purchase used RV's. I found their service department to be a little on the pricy side, but can't speak highly enough of my sales experience.

Thanks all. I've got an appointment with PPL in Houston next Wednesday. Will be hauling the rig that direction starting Tuesday morning early. That gets it set up and out of our hair while we travel this summer. Looking at the list of rigs for sale, there are only two or three new-ish Big Country fivers and all older than ours. Hopefully our 2015 front bath will draw some interest.

Nbomar

It was crazy to see his lighter sandpiper swaying all over the road in the wind behind his 2500 and my much heavier toy hauler was solid as a rock and no sway at all. Not sure if it was the extra axle on the trailer, extra tires on the truck, or the G range tires on he camper. Either way I'm glad I stayed straight and true. My wife was amazed at the difference

MCTalley

When Lippert fixed our old rig, they replaced the bent up MorRyde pinbox with a nice FlexAir pinbox. Pulling the trailer back "home" from Goshen last week, I was really impressed with the ride. So, since we had our son visiting us for the holiday weekend, I enlisted him to help me swap pinboxes between rigs. We moved the MorRyde from our current rig to the old rig and moved the old rig's FlexAir over to our current rig.

i-xf8sfwD.jpg

i-dVVHsrJ-XL.jpg

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We like the ride of our flexAir. About 58psi to bring the shock to its proper height. The only issue we had at the beginning was a loose valve stem core. $1.99 core tightener from AutoZone, problem was solved.

See ya soon!!

Bones

When Lippert fixed our old rig, they replaced the bent up MorRyde pinbox with a nice FlexAir pinbox. Pulling the trailer back "home" from Goshen last week, I was really impressed with the ride. So, since we had our son visiting us for the holiday weekend, I enlisted him to help me swap pinboxes between rigs. We moved the MorRyde from our current rig to the old rig and moved the old rig's FlexAir over to our current rig.

i-xf8sfwD.jpg

i-dVVHsrJ-XL.jpg
Good work. Your selling that camper anyway so if you like something better than on your new one take it because your not going to get the mula for it anyway when you sell your old one

MCTalley

Good work. Your selling that camper anyway so if you like something better than on your new one take it because your not going to get the mula for it anyway when you sell your old one

Our thoughts exactly. We've swapped a couple items over that we had put in the old rig as upgrades that we didn't do to the current rig. The nice ceiling fan, for example. When we moved out of the old rig, we took our nearly new and expensive queen mattress along. Same for the convection/microwave which we replaced in the old rig with a brand new Whirlpool microwave.

We wanted to swap our plain black outside stairs for the aluminum set we had installed at the rally last summer, but there is about an inch difference in width that I'd have to add or subtract on each rig to make them fit. After watching the Lippert installation team mess with them last summer, I've decided to leave them as-is. We're thinking about the glow steps, anyway.

Bones

Our thoughts exactly. We've swapped a couple items over that we had put in the old rig as upgrades that we didn't do to the current rig. The nice ceiling fan, for example. When we moved out of the old rig, we took our nearly new and expensive queen mattress along. Same for the convection/microwave which we replaced in the old rig with a brand new Whirlpool microwave.

We wanted to swap our plain black outside stairs for the aluminum set we had installed at the rally last summer, but there is about an inch difference in width that I'd have to add or subtract on each rig to make them fit. After watching the Lippert installation team mess with them last summer, I've decided to leave them as-is. We're thinking about the glow steps, anyway.

If you have the time to swap them out why not do it.

Nbomar

Towed it to our farm and set it up for next weekend. No point in putting it up if we are camping again in 4 days! It's always eery going down his road towing a 42' 5er steep gravel grades but I make it fine every time.
8f7b1553397e6782839ec090c5e57012.jpg

Jim_Hull

I tried to replace some items that have failed, but no dice. We ordered our rig in February and on our last trip, the following happened. The deadbolt on the entry latch froze and I could not unlock it. Ended up having to break my wife in through one of the emergency exit windows and have her unbolt the whole latch. Called Heartland to get a replacement under warranty. I still don't have it.

Then, as we were under way, one of the crown moldings fell from the ceiling, damaging it. Called Heartland to have it replaced under warranty. They have sent me two different types of trim, but neither one was the crown molding I needed.

On on the same trip, our bathroom door knob failed. It would no longer lock. During the same call as the trim, I informed Heartland of this and they said they would send one. It turned out to be the wrong color.

After we we returned from our trip, since I still had not received the entry latch, I called again and inquired about it. I was told it never got ordered, but they would send one out that day with second day delivery. That turned out to be another bathroom knob that is also the wrong color.

So, I had hoped to get all of that fixed by today, but none of that happened. So, I added two additional house batteries to the two that were originally installed to make sure I have plenty of power for the residential fridge.

Hopefully I will get all of the other correct parts some day so my wife is not on me all the time about having spent so much money and it looks like our unit is a piece of junk. The good thing I guess is I may get enough spare parts to build another unit if they don't get their act together. The vaunted Heartland customer service is no good if Parts can't get it right.

danemayer

Jim,

I don't know why the wrong parts get sent. If they don't get it right on the next try, one thing you might try is to speak directly with the parts person and email them a photo.

Jim_Hull

Dan, yeah, I have been working with the same customer service rep on every call and I have sent multiple picture multiple times. They have been very easy to work with on the phone and the customer service rep has apologized all over himself, but I am getting very frustrated. For instance, without the new entry door latch, I cannot lock the door at night when we are in bed. Not a huge deal, but I like the peace of mind.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Dan, my experience with CS when dealing with warranty claims is that they don't typically let you talk to the parts department, unless it's NOT a warranty item. Then they've handed me off to someone else. Otherwise, CS handles it all, including providing tracking info on the package when I've asked. I do try to send pictures and even then there's been a hiccup.

Good news is that when I ordered the drawer face (from Parts) for the opening that was a formerly a wine rack, I got everything and it was perfect. When placing the order, they even sent me pics to verify what I was ordering was correct.
(Just need to get holes drilled for the hinges and handle.)

pegmikef

Replaced the OEM Big Horn bedroom stair rail with the new Landmark stair rail which is longer and a lot more sturdy (six screws instead of two).

BTW regarding the above discussion regarding customer service. I have found I have the most success using email and I always include a picture of what I need such as this stair rail.

Attachments

• stairrail.jpg
    stairrail.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 77

Rollin_Free

After a 1250+ mile trip this past week we parked it in the back yard again. She looks a little lonely so we're going to spend the night outside again tonight overnight. The trip went great but I had an issue with one of the brake assemblies that I replaced. It was loading down my brake controller and would not allow any of the brakes to work. In order to find the bad one I decided to disconnect the front axle first. After I cut both wires to the axle the controller started working correctly. I decided to also check each wheel for resistance and measured 3.1 ohms in three of them but the defective one measured 0 ohms. Going to have to take that one back for a replacement this week. That will teach me to check resistance before installing new ones again and make sure I do a good post repair check before calling the job done.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    250.4 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    198.8 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    203.5 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    220.2 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    234.6 KB · Views: 70

MCTalley

Put a couple blue LED light strips under the step box. Wired them up to the wires going to the yellow welcome light and left the yellow light unwired. Stuck the strips under the top section of the I-beam facing down.

i-6x8ncfq-L.jpg

At night:

i-phJM3pz-L.jpg