What did you do to your camper today?

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
LUCKY YOU!!!!

You and Nancy need to bring that new 365 out to the left coast to our rallies so we can gawk and drool over it!! I know we ALL would love to see it.

Rod Ditrich

I finished packing up the interior, cleaning things up inside and winterizing (with compressed air). Heading to Elkhart tomorrow to pickup a new rig.

jbeletti

LUCKY YOU!!!!

You and Nancy need to bring that new 365 out to the left coast to our rallies so we can gawk and drool over it!! I know we ALL would love to see it.

Rod Ditrich

I wish I could make it out there with it Rod. "IF" the 2016 National Rally happens in Vegas, we will make it out west :)

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Trailer is still in storage, but it finally got in the 20s today with some SUN. So I finished up a mod on the old RAM. After a ton of research? I installed an S&B dry filter cold air intake.
11iiczp.jpg

Then the wife and I went for a test run and did something in the truck we haven't done since early November (no dirty thoughts....). We got fuel. Cashed in all my fuel perks. 30 gallons. $0.00 cost. That put a smile on my face.
254zmep.jpg

15ckke0.jpg

Nice. And yes I went the dirty thought route. Lol. Btw do you not drive that thing or what? I thought I was doing good with 38 gallons in just 3 weeks. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Nice. And yes I went the dirty thought route. Lol. Btw do you not drive that thing or what? I thought I was doing good with 38 gallons in just 3 weeks. Lol

The truck doesn't see much road time on the winter. Just rolled over 23k miles today. Almost broke in.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Since I never use a Microwave, I removed it. Found a cabinet door at Lowes for $30, while not an exact match, it looks great. Just sanded it down and finished it in Golden Oak and it matches my North Trail very well. One more coat of satin finish in the morning and it will be ready to hang. So now I have another cabinet over the Stove area....

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Mine just hit 16k and it is just over 13 months old.

My truck is six months old . . . and turned over 12,500 miles on the way home tonight!

Had 72 miles on it when I bought it August 22, 2014.

Attachments

• TruckAtGrandCanyon-IMG_3537.jpg
    TruckAtGrandCanyon-IMG_3537.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Truck&CamperAtGasStationSmall.jpg
    Truck&CamperAtGasStationSmall.jpg
    533.1 KB · Views: 62

davebennington

Heartland sent the new generator tailpipe the old tailpipe was meant for a Bighorn, and it was installed by mistake. It was routed too close to the plastic material and had melted it.
Before pictures: 0209150958.jpg 0209150952a.jpg 0228151135.jpg

After Pictures: 0228151154.jpg 0228151301.jpg 0228151301b.jpg

Heartland service folks were great they sent the correct tailpipe right away, they also included all new hangers and clamps easy install. Now we have to see about getting the plastic material repaired.

dave

Last edited:

whp4262

I pulled the trailer on to the beach in south sunny Florida. Porch down, awning up, bride by my side. Poured a nice glass of Pinot and kicked back and watched the waves for hours. All the sudden... WHAM! I woke up! Off to shovel the driveway for a third time today! I need SPRING!!! View attachment 34924View attachment 34925

Crank up the heat in the trailer, pour a glass of Pinot and watch the snow drifts blow around, it's kind of like waves.

whp4262

My truck is six months old . . . and turned over 12,500 miles on the way home tonight!

Had 72 miles on it when I bought it August 22, 2014.

I've put 18000 on my truck in the last 11 months and probably 7500 on the motorcycle. Adds up quick when you live 50 miles from work because the agency decided moving the office would save money.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Completed the EMC installation today. This is the hard wired Progressive. Purchased a 3 ft 10 g wire and after removing the electrical panel, wired the short wire from the panel to the EMC. Left the original show power cord in tack vs cutting it and wired it into the input of the EMC. Now should I upgrade to the Sundance XLT, I can take this with me and not have a spliced shore cable.
Also finished the cabinet door for the area where I removed the Microwave. Stained it Golden Oak and while not a perfect match to the North Trail interior, it's not that far off....Next project is to cut an opening at the foot of the bed frame and install a nice door to use this area for storage vs lifting up the bed. Repacking wheel bearings next week and getting ready for Goshen....

davebennington

Duane,

Yes it does, because I cut it. The original was so long it almost reached the next trailer. I plan on putting a down turn on it. Maybe chrome? Anyway the new tailpipe is design is better, there is no way it will melt the plastic now.

dave

davebennington

The next MOD is rather simple one as it is just a door latch that keeps the off door slam door from beating itself and me to death when in the open position.

0203151205-1.jpg 0203151204a.jpg 0203151205.jpg

dave

Attachments

• 0203151205_Burst01.jpg
    0203151205_Burst01.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 0203151204a.jpg
    0203151204a.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 75

Chippendale

mmomega

AnyTimer
Very uneventful.

We are looking at new furniture so I went to measure the couch area opening at the rear and the recliner area.
Researching new light switches and recessed LED's for interior.

Mrsfish

I have done the same thing. One would think that would be as much as a standard item on a RV as the one that holds the entry door open. Not an expensive modification, but a welcome one.

i really want to do this with our coach, but i soooo afraid of drilling into the side. so here goes- did you pre drill pilot holes? did you need to anchor the screws? is there anything behind the walls i should be worried about? did you seal the screw/screw holes for water prevention? and anything else you can think of. It looks simple, but that doesnt always seem to be the case.

Chippendale

i really want to do this with our coach, but i soooo afraid of drilling into the side. so here goes- did you pre drill pilot holes? did you need to anchor the screws? is there anything behind the walls i should be worried about? did you seal the screw/screw holes for water prevention? and anything else you can think of. It looks simple, but that doesnt always seem to be the case.

To be honest with you, I had it put on at the dealers. I was standing there talking to the service mgr. when the mechanic put it on and was not really paying attention to him. You might want to ask first about where to locate it, but I don't think it is rocket science. I know he didn't put any kind of sealer under it. That might be a good idea. My trailer is at the storage lot right now or I would go take a picture and send it to you.