What did you do to your camper today?

jnbhobe

We installed the 320 with the sprayer last year. It's everything Duane says and more, It was an easy install.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Thanks John. Can't wait to test it out

I didn't buy the whole Jack antennta, but just the head that attached to the batwing arm.

Took all of five minutes to install!

I also bought one of these at Camping World . . .

TVsignalFinder.jpg

Probably one of the best $33 I've ever spent!

Just turn the antenna while this is turned on . . . and when the LED's light up . . . scan for channels!

GWRam

I didn't buy the whole Jack antennta, but just the head that attached to the batwing arm.

View attachment 35361

Just turn the antenna while this is turned on . . . and when the LED's light up . . . scan for channels!

Do you have or can you take and post photos of your new jack set up fully up and also retracted down on the roof?
Dave

JohnD

Do you have or can you take and post photos of your new jack set up fully up and also retracted down on the roof?
Dave

I will do so tomorrow!

Here is a shot from last fall where you can see it raised:

RifleCO2014-IMG_2931.jpg

Click on this photo, then click on it again when it opens, and it will show up much larger on your screen!

MagnoliaTom

View attachment 35361

I bought the same thing. Going to get the signal detector as well. I've heard it really works

GWRam

I will do so tomorrow!

Here is a shot from last fall where you can see it raised:

View attachment 35362

Click on this photo, then click on it again when it opens, and it will show up much larger on your screen!

Thanks, It looks good while up, I have always wondered how it looks, how low it is, stowed against the roof.

JohnD

I bought the same thing. Going to get the signal detector as well. I've heard it really works

Yup!

That signal meter saves a lot of time in locating where the TV stations are . . .

I also have an app on my cell phone called DTVAntenna that can also direct me in the right direction, although since I got the signal meter, I don't have the need for that app much anymore.

I also didn't have to use the signal amplifier that came with the Jack antenna . . . I just hooked up the one that was already in the trailer and it works just fine with the Jack!

So all I have to do is push the little red button on the wall plate, just like with the old batwing!

By the way . . . trailer parked in my side yard the batwing pulled in under 50 channels . . . the Jack antenna pulls in 78 channels!

Heck, I'm thinking of dumping my $130 per month DirectTV bill and putting a Jack antenna up on our roof!

JohnD

Thanks, It looks good while up, I have always wondered how it looks, how low it is, stowed against the roof.

It stows against the roof nicely . . .

I'll take a photo tomorrow of the antenna with it cranked down.

It is a nice enough night here in Denver that Cathy decided to go out and snooze in the trailer!

She said I snored so loud last night that she didn't get much sleep . . . :mad:

Yeah . . . right . . . :eek:

That is the beauty of being able to park the trailer next to our house . . . we use it as an extra room!

Since I'm on my weekend right now from work, I may go out there tomorrow night and watch Arnold Schwartzineggie movies all night!

CamperInYard-IMG_0069.jpg

Or maybe Star Trek movies . . . Live Long And Prosper!

I'll be back!

Last edited:

jimtoo

Well,,, went out to just check the Bighorn 3670 over after getting 4 1/2" rain last night and wishing we could go someplace and found I have a leak around one of the windows it looks like. LR slideout window on rear end appears to have let lots of water in or the slide seal... but thinking window since found some water on the window frame. Now got fans going will turn A/C on tomorrow and dry it out.. lots of floor area really wet. Been in some rain before, but not that much or that heavy at one time. :(

d_fergie

Mine is close to the house, I sleep in it occasionally, I get 12 channels OTA and keep a WDTV first gen box in it along with a HDD with some of my favorite movies... keep it stocked with beer and the dogs love to sleep in it.

JohnD

Mine is close to the house, I sleep in it occasionally, I get 12 channels OTA and keep a WDTV first gen box in it along with a HDD with some of my favorite movies... keep it stocked with beer and the dogs love to sleep in it.

I'm amazed at how many local channels we get over the air . . .

While I love some of the channels we get with our roof-mounted dish . . . I often wonder if it is worth $130 per month for these channels :confused::confused::confused:

Ironically . . . the shows that we have been watching on the 'paid' channels have all been cancelled . . . :p

d_fergie

We are getting Me TV & H&I TV OTA with some of my old favorites, next days off may have to camp in the driveway...

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I'm amazed at how many local channels we get over the air . . .

While I love some of the channels we get with our roof-mounted dish . . . I often wonder if it is worth $130 per month for these channels :confused::confused::confused:

Ironically . . . the shows that we have been watching on the 'paid' channels have all been cancelled . . . :p

In all our days of travel last year (120+) I never set my sat dish up once. Between the OTA channels and cable at a number of parks, we had more than enough for evening entertainment and current news events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

57 channels but there is nothing on . . .

We are getting Me TV & H&I TV OTA with some of my old favorites, next days off may have to camp in the driveway...

I know!

When we had Comcast Cable TV (still have Comcast internet), we got MeTV . . . but now that we have DirectTV . . . no MeTV!

I loved that channel!

Which we get out in the trailer with the antenna . . . but not on the dish!

I often go out to the trailer when I'm feeling retro to watch MeTV . . . plus a host of other retro channels that come in on the antenna, but not on the pay-TV satt channels!

Kbvols

In all our days of travel last year (120+) I never set my sat dish up once. Between the OTA channels and cable at a number of parks, we had more than enough for evening entertainment and current news events.

Thanks for sharing this. I have dish network and a 211 receiver I use at our cabin. I have been debating on buying an extra dish for the rv and along with the 211 would have satellite when we travel. Rarely if ever do we stay anywhere without cable it seems. So I thinking why bother... plus can buy some good bourbon for money saved on the dish

MagnoliaTom

I installed my jack antenna. Very easy. Also installed a subwoofer to the stereo system. Sounds 10 times better now. Also added some LED under cabinet lighting using a tape light I bought from the marine department of the sporting goods store

JohnD

Thanks for sharing this. I have dish network and a 211 receiver I use at our cabin. I have been debating on buying an extra dish for the rv and along with the 211 would have satellite when we travel. Rarely if ever do we stay anywhere without cable it seems. So I thinking why bother... plus can buy some good bourbon for money saved on the dish

Well, it seems that whenever we hook up to the campground 'cable' . . . we get low quality standard TV quality picture issue . . .

But if you can get the same channels (which is almost always the case) with your antenna, you'll get an HD signal!

Cable hookup at campgrounds is only your best option when you can't pull in any TV stations with your RV antenna.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

We have DTV at home and our cabin too so I bought a third sat dish and put one of the house receivers in the camper. In my signature you can see all the states we've been in so far and as stated earlier, regardless of the method, we've been satisfied with reception. Of course, some locations were better than others. If we were snowbirds and parking for an extended period, I'd likely set up the dish unless the CG cable was exceptional.