What did you do to your camper today?

VKTalley

We're packing up everything we won't use in the next 10 days and getting ready to transfer everything to the new Bighorn. Getting rid of the stuff we don't want or use anymore. How we can accumulate stuff, I don't know. Didn't think we add that much in a year.

Alan, it is very surprising what you can accumulate in one of these rigs! Malcolm and I just found that out when we traded ours on a new one back in March. Several trips to the Goodwill with our donations and less stuff in the rig....now I'm working to keep it that way!

Chippendale

I'm way too old to be trying to crawl around under these things while working on my back. Debbie and I aren't speaking again. She'll get over it before we do the rear next weekend.

Frank, go to Walmart and get a "Black Jack" creeper like mechanics use. I think it cost about $30.00 and was the best investment I ever made to move these 75 year old bones around under a trailer.

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
I installed a grab bar on the screen door. This is so nice. I can't believe I never did this to any of our other rigs

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
3 things- parked in a great pull thru spot at the Columbia Falls (MT) RV Park, removed the zillions of bugs from the front cap (and grill of SD) that sacrificed themselves as we traveled across country, and yet again crawled into the basement to reposition the water pump, adding more foam pipe insulation around any pex touching each other or any other surfaces so it doesn't sound like leprechauns mining for that pot of gold!
As a bonus, we reunited with our youngest son, a NW Montana resident, for the next week !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

For a friend: Added AC Recept and Relocated Dyson Vaccum

Kevin and Nelly Wolbeck have been visiting us in TN this past week. Kevin has been helping me with my RV mods and it was time for me to help him with a few on his new LM 365 Newport.

Kevin felt placement of the Dyson Vacuum in the front closet was a bit difficult to access and took up space in the corner, should they wish to have storage containers in there on the floor. Kevin and I determined the best place to relocate it to would be inside the coat closet that is just inside the entrance door on the Newport.

We added an AC receptacle and remounted the vacuum. Took about 1 hour and worked out well.
IMAG3378.jpg IMAG3379.jpg

porthole

Retired
Actually 2 days ago, dropped off the Cyclone for an estimate of the tire damage.

Make an appointment for an estimate 10 days in advance
arrive on time
no one that is actually working even knows about appointments or writing estimates
make arrangements to leave it, as they don't write estimates while you wait
person in the "know" shows up
takes a 1/2 hour to write the customer info
have to pay in advance for the estimate ($106, which is refundable with the work)

That was Tuesday morning, today I have to go empty the freezer because I'm sure by now it is either batteries or propane that is low........... And, the "person in the know" went on vacation yesterday.

3 days for an estimate, errgh.

So while I waited, I replaced the arm I bent on my electric rear stabilizers sometime ago.

One of our fellow Heartlanders damaged their electric stab jacks and replaced the entire assembly, out west somewhere I think.
Dave and Eileen (PA) grabbed the whole assembly up (he remembered I removed mine for the bent part) and dragged them back from, Arizona IIRC.

Dave sourced the electric motor for his Landmark and I took the frame from him at Myrtle Beach.

So today I rebuilt my jacks. Even with the LevelUp on the trailer, the electric jacks help with having the garage in the back, especially when 2 dogs start rough housing back there.

So - thanks to the unknown donor and to Dave and Eileen for their part in bring it east.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Yesterday, I reinstalled the TV's and DISH box. Today, it'll be reloading the kitchen and bath items (perishables, stuff we could use at home). Still planning on moving it up to Indian River next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miltp920

Dropped off and picked up Cyclone from the mechanic who repacked my axle bearings, and inspected the brakes. Since I have read horror stories about bearings failing, I wanted to establish that mine are packed the way they are supposed to be and the brakes are not covered with grease. He said they were good as he would have expected (thank you Dexter Axle). There was some dirt inside one of the hubs. Now they are good to go. He suggested repack every other year. I bought my Carlisle tires from him. He said I should replace the tires every 3 years too. He claimed potential dry rot (in 3 years?). He does sell tires for a living...lol I agree with the repack on the bearings, but I think replacing tires every 3 years is over zealous. When I scheduled the appointment, the lady on the phone called what I wanted, wash and repack the bearing. I assume that wash means they clean out the old grease with a solvent, and then replace the grease with new? I should have asked her to explain the lingo. He replaced the seals instead of reusing the old ones.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you made a good move.
It's really a good idea to have those bearings and brakes inspected.
Yeah, I think that the wash and repack is just what you think and new seals are always in order when repacking.
Oh, and thanks for the reminder. I gotta do mine.

Peace
Dave

Where to store the sewer hose on a 4100 cyclone, don't want to store it in the front storage where the fumes can travel to the inside of the coach. Anyone attached anything under the unit to put the hose in?

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Where to store the sewer hose on a 4100 cyclone, don't want to store it in the front storage where the fumes can travel to the inside of the coach. Anyone attached anything under the unit to put the hose in?

Yes. I bought a vinyl fence post and two covers at a box store had a local shop bend me two U bolts to fit it and mounted it from the frame rails. I can take photos tomorrow if you want.

BLHFUN

Interesting find today given all the talk about bearings and hubs. I'm loading up and my driveway is a little steep, so my front tires are off the ground to keep me level. After loading I reached down and just spun the front passenger side tire for giggles. Sounded like I had several rocks rolling around inside the hub. I removed the hub and found the bottom spring and two peace adjuster had fallen off and were rolling around in the bottom of the hub. It looked pretty simple to replace the spring and adjuster, but it looked "backwards." So off comes hub number two to stare and compare. Yep. Spring was backwards to the adjuster. I swapped the spring, adjusted and reinstalled. Not 40 minutes I wanted to spend dealing with my hubs, but glad I decided to spin that rim. Now all 6 have been checked. Ready to head up to Stockton State Park for a great weekend!

'Lil Guy'

Just finished replacing the rear stabilizers with 28" Husky brand rated at 6.5K. The original ones were to short after I lifted my rig to ride level with my TV. The original ones wouldn't reach the ground. I'll fabricate a receiver for the rear Steadyfast system tomorrow at work and install this weekend. With the front Steadyfast system already on there is a huge difference in movement. Much better.

porthole

Retired

I use the 8' version of this. One of teh first things I did to the trailer.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/64-l-e-z-hose-carrier/1405

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=82010&viewfull=1#post82010

Vinyl fence posting works well too, many have done that here.

PVC piping works too. You can't get U-bolts for the PVC pipe at McMaster Carr
http://www.mcmaster.com/#u-bolts/=wznzk9

The pipe below has since been relocated using stainless u-bolts from McMaster Carr

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=93543&viewfull=1#post93543

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I finally secured my Samsung refrigerator so the doors do not open while underway. Here is the product and it is cheap, looks good and best does not alter the refrigerator at all.

View attachment 36582View attachment 36587View attachment 36588View attachment 36583View attachment 36585

Here is the link to Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007A2ZSZ8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Those things are pretty cool . . . might have to get those for the kitchen drawers in our trailer as they slide open and bump the slideout.

Got a nice dent on the outside wall of the slide from the silverware drawer.

My current solution is to pout a big pillow between the drawers and the slideout . . . and so far seems to work pretty good!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430670250.401289.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1430670297.477159.jpg

Installed the new bath faucet. Heavy, metal, looks well-made.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImageUploadedByTapatalk1430671228.875320.jpg

Pizzaguy

Wife and I restrung 2 different day/night shades. Now I want the MCD shades even more!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Chippendale

Put a shelf under bathroom sink, and a shelf in cabinet beside bathroom sink, also installed hand towel ring and bath towel bar. Installed holders for flag pole on ladder, washed rig and polished/waxed front cap. Almost wasn't able to get out of bed this morning. Also noticed that decals on cap are starting to split, might be a warranty item that can be taken care of in Goshen.