What did you do to your camper today?

AAdams

We finally had a day that wasn't raining or a heat index of over 100. So I got up and washed the roof. Surprising how dirty it can get in a few months. Now I'll have to wash the sides again...

dewwood

Installed an Amazon Fire TV Stick on the television. It works great, should be a big improvement to our television viewing.

olcoon

It wasn't done today, and I didn't do it, but at the rally in Goshen, I had Lippert's 3.0 Ground Control System installed. We've been traveling in Michigan after the rally, and I've used it several times. Got to say that I LOVE it! No more pulling into a campsite, checking the level, pulling out, putting boards down, backing back in, checking the level again, and if I'm lucky then I get to unhitch. Now I pull in, hit a button, the front lifts up, I pull the truck out, hit another button, & it starts leveling itself. I'll start hooking up the sewer, usually about the time I'm done, it's done, & I'm a happy camper. Life has gotten a lot easier.

rayk4e

20150723_121610.jpgI got tired of trying to thread the water hose on the city connector and get a good seal. Today I did a simple and quick mod by adding a 90 degree brass elbow to the city connector and then a quality brass quick connect to it and the hose. Now it's a simple matter of connecting the hose using the quick connect and I don't have to worry about damaging the city connector or leaking connections.

Picture added (thanks Miltp920 for the prompt). We're parked at home and the hose is just the garden hose to test it out with - no leaks. I know it covers the door to the outdoor showerhead connector and controls but I'll open that before connecting the hose when setting up at the CG (or permanently remove the door as I'm not certain it has a real purpose). Total cost of mod around $10.

Last edited:

Miltp920

Picture? I like this, good idea

I got tired of trying to thread the water hose on the city connector and get a good seal. Today I did a simple and quick mod by adding a 90 degree brass elbow to the city connector and then a quality brass quick connect to it and the hose. Now it's a simple matter of connecting the hose using the quick connect and I don't have to worry about damaging the city connector or leaking connections.

dewwood

With the Amazon Fire Stick I used my air card. I have quite a bit of data available and the speed seemed to be more than adequate. It would not be something to used for hours and hours on an air card but it gives us another option for movies, tv shows and games if we did gaming. It also allows us to view photos from our Amazon cloud account on the television.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
It wasn't done today, and I didn't do it, but at the rally in Goshen, I had Lippert's 3.0 Ground Control System installed. We've been traveling in Michigan after the rally, and I've used it several times. Got to say that I LOVE it! No more pulling into a campsite, checking the level, pulling out, putting boards down, backing back in, checking the level again, and if I'm lucky then I get to unhitch. Now I pull in, hit a button, the front lifts up, I pull the truck out, hit another button, & it starts leveling itself. I'll start hooking up the sewer, usually about the time I'm done, it's done, & I'm a happy camper. Life has gotten a lot easier.

Oh now......Where's the fun in just pushin the button.....haha

olcoon

Jamie, You should talk! You got level-up the same day I got the ground control put on!!! BTW, the remote is AWESOME!!!

danemayer

Having a gravel pad and turnaround put in at the new house in Colorado. Will be able to pull in the driveway, around the garage, and into our very own storage lot at our home.

Converted a 220V welding receptacle to RV 220V earlier this week for temporary power. Electric pedestal will be installed in a few days.

20150722_144029.jpg

vakthund

Fixed the broken master bed. The bed frame had a butt joint that was only held together by two staples - which for 300+ lb person appears inadequate. Glued and stapled some scrap 1/8" plywood to the frame to support the joint.
Bed Fix-2.jpgBed Fix-1.jpg

avvidclif

Installed a couple of Volt/Amp meters.

If those voltmeters are correct you are getting close to the lower limit of 104v. That's where my EMS shuts down the system to avoid damage to the AC's. I would confirm those readings.

z06

If those voltmeters are correct you are getting close to the lower limit of 104v. That's where my EMS shuts down the system to avoid damage to the AC's. I would confirm those readings.

Fluctuates between 108 and 117. Both meters do read same voltage as it goes up and down.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Just fixed an ac electrical outlet in the basement that had worked its way loose. Remounted it and we are back in business