What did you do to your camper today?

VKTalley

I didn't do it today but Friday I installed the RV Snap pads the DW ordered me for Christmas. She hadn't noticed them yet and tonight she tracked package and then called park owner wanting to know where her package was. She then tells me we need to go hunt it down (issues with ups/fedex not delivering packages to office or to MH park next door). I had to tell her I put them on already and asked why she was not more observant as she looked at them several times. Needless to say I have some bruises to heal up now. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy, I think you need to be nicer to Joanna, she got you a nice gift! You should get coal in your stocking for that. :p

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I didn't do it today but Friday I installed the RV Snap pads the DW ordered me for Christmas. She hadn't noticed them yet and tonight she tracked package and then called park owner wanting to know where her package was. She then tells me we need to go hunt it down (issues with ups/fedex not delivering packages to office or to MH park next door). I had to tell her I put them on already and asked why she was not more observant as she looked at them several times. Needless to say I have some bruises to heal up now. Lol

Andy, Andy, Andy - How long have you been married?

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Andy, I think you need to be nicer to Joanna, she got you a nice gift! You should get coal in your stocking for that. :p

I keep telling her to watch what is going on around her. Santa is being good to her this year. Lol

Kbvols

Andy....its good to keep em on their "toes" so to speak .......then 🏻

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Notice how I'm not saying anything on this subject. I think Jo would have no problem slappin me....

Cjackg

GARMIN BC03 Rearview Cam on a Cyclone 3110

Recently finished installing a Garmin BC03 Rearview "Wireless" Cam on my Cyclone 3110 Toyhauler.

I selected the GARMIN Rearview Cam system because I did not want to add any separate displays on the truck dash and wanted a "packaged" solution to getting some visibility behind the 3110, both on the road and when backing up, at a reasonable price..

I am using a Garmin 2689 GPS with 6" screen and this unit (and several other Garmin models) a rearview Cam can be paired with the GPS wirelessly.

The Garmin BC03 Cam has a maximum wireless distance of 45 ft from the GPS so I installed an Extender Cable that Garmin sells to increase the overall distance and reliability to ensure I could see behind the near-40ft Cyclone. Mounting the Cam on the rear end and feeding this 45' cable to the front took some effort, but turned out to be manageable. I connected the power feed to the trailer running lights, so I can select the rearview display on the GPS screen anytime I am hooked up and have the lights on.

Shown below is the Cam mounted on the Cyclone rear roof, the Transmitter mounted on the front pinbox and some Garmin product info...

With the Garmin you can install several Cams at other locations on the vehicle and select which Cam to view on the GPS. Total cost for my package with one Cam was less than $200. as installed by me!

After I finished the install, the system worked immediately and with no issues. The video resolution was even better than I expected based on reviews I had read...... I will post some real rearview pics when we head out west at the end of this week.. the one screen pic is looking at the fence and trees behind the storage area for our Cyclone!

Garmin BC 30 Rearview Cam.JPG DSCN2654.JPG DSCN2650.JPG 20151121_141643.jpg P1040179.JPG

Chippendale

I would like to mount one of these on the kingpin so I can see the trailer hitch in the back of the truck while hitching up.

Looks like this could be a good one for that.

This works for me and it is a whole lot cheaper. I put a strip of colored duct tape on the pin box centered with the pin. I then place one of these telescoping magnetic hitch alignment guides, magnetic base down, on the bed of the truck against the hitch, centered. Raise the ball up to where it is visible through the rear window when looking at the rear view mirror. Back up looking at the rear view mirror until the ball and tape are almost together. You may have to get out and check your height, but then just put it in, usually on the first try. I just leave the rod and ball in place until I unhitch, it has a magnetic base and seems to ride there just fine. Think I got mine at Walmart, but don’t remember.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnetic-Te...it-Balls-RV-Boat-Utlity-Trailer-/291321483357

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
This works for me and it is a whole lot cheaper. I put a strip of colored duct tape on the pin box centered with the pin. I then place one of these telescoping magnetic hitch alignment guides, magnetic base down, on the bed of the truck against the hitch, centered. Raise the ball up to where it is visible through the rear window when looking at the rear view mirror. Back up looking at the rear view mirror until the ball and tape are almost together. You may have to get out and check your height, but then just put it in, usually on the first try. I just leave the rod and ball in place until I unhitch, it has a magnetic base and seems to ride there just fine. Think I got mine at Walmart, but don’t remember.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnetic-Te...it-Balls-RV-Boat-Utlity-Trailer-/291321483357

I've seen those at Camping World . . .

Might have to check them out again!

pegmikef

Finally got around to pulling my power cable all the way out so I could remove the cover on the reel and check the electrical terminals. Very pleased to say that all cables were very tight and all was good. Put cover back on. This was mentioned in a thread started by mlpeloquin a couple of weeks ago as a potential problem (he had to tightened a couple of his).

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Called the dealership to see if it was done for warranty repairs . . .

It will have been at the dealership nine weeks tomorrow (Friday).

They told me when I dropped it off (Oct. 30th.) that it would be done in three weeks . . .

It is still not done yet . . .

jnbhobe

Sure am glad my dealer isn't like that, if I send something to him I have it back in a couple of days.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Mine too... I can set it up to drop off in the morning and pick it back up in the afternoon
Manteca trailer has been wonderful to work with I get the VIP treatment every time I go in there.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Gtoli

Changed out all of the incandescent 12v bulbs for led's on interior and storage compartments. Just received led bulbs for 120v AC stove vent light, 12v scare lights and Hologen flood lights over the ramp. Had led's in previous tt and it made a huge difference to the battery run time when out in the forest.