What did you do to your camper today?

mlpeloquin

I order a Glow step for my Big country. It arrives this Wednesday so I will be installing it this weekend. I ordered the 271/2 inch version which should require only 1 or two shims from what I measured. I am a bit concerned since people are talking about 6 or more shims. I will update the install after it is done. I hope it can be as smooth as Marc's install.

Regards,
Steve

The instructions require a torque wrench. I was a bit puzzled about the torque value being so low when reading the installation directions. The torque value is low do to the lock washer. If over torqued, the split spring washer over compresses and then looses it ability to be a lock washer. If you do not have a inch pound torque wrench, tightened till the split in the lock washer comes completely flat. Or just use re-workable Loctite and tighten the nut and bolt till the split in the lock washer just comes completely flat. If only using Loctite, make sure you wet the washer as well and torque to 157 inch pounds for the wet Grade 5/16" 5 bolt or 276 inch pounds for the wet 3/8" bolt. I used the 3/8" bolts. Both sets of hardware are provided with the steps. Don't use a foot pound torque wrench. The lower settings are not accurate on almost all torque wrenches. All torque values are specified per SAE J429 and ASME 574 for clamp load of 75% and proof load for the wet fasteners. I cannot see why you installation will not go as mine did. Just be careful when removing the old steps. They are heavy so have someone strong enough to hold them as the last bolt is removed.

danemayer

Had new carpet installed today to replace the almost 6 year old carpet. DW always wanted a patterned carpet and now she has it.

Attachments

• RV-Carpet-2.jpg
    RV-Carpet-2.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 121
  • RV-Carpet-1.jpg
    RV-Carpet-1.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 118

Bones

So over the weekend I fixed my tub drain leak, outside shower leak, made a goof ball error and a funny one by accidentally leaving my hot water blow off valve open and having water gush out of the side and then freaking out that I broke something. Although the next are not on my camper but I will add them as they were additions to my father In-Laws camper, I added a 3000 watt magnum inverter to run his fridge and called MoRRyde to inquire about his Pin box and I ended up cutting off the ears on his trailer frame to solve a clearance issue he was having. We will see how that goes.

I also got the chance to pull his camper with A MORRyde pin box and a MORRyde cre3000 Equalizer and have decided that I really like his pin box and suspension equalizer. I think the pin box would solve a lot of my jerkiness I get from the trailer as his is the same length and weight as mine. Just a different setup. Come on next camping trip. Jellystone here I come.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Sounds like a busy week.
Dave, I have a brand new MorRyde pin box sitting in storage if you want to come get it. Cheep !!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Had new carpet installed today to replace the almost 6 year old carpet. DW always wanted a patterned carpet and now she has it.
Dan that came out nice. Did it go in as good as factory or better ? Or can you tell it was done after.
Wondering how they are able to get it into all the nook's and crannies like the factory does before the slides are installed.

danemayer

Dan that came out nice. Did it go in as good as factory or better ? Or can you tell it was done after.
Wondering how they are able to get it into all the nook's and crannies like the factory does before the slides are installed.

Jerrod,

I'm sure the factory puts down carpet before the bed platform goes in. The installer pushed the carpet in under the edges of the bed platform, but there's still old carpet underneath, out of sight. There might be a little of the old carpet hidden under the off-door-side living room slide - I don't know how close to the exterior edge the factory went. And there's a very small piece around the washer that I told him not to worry about - would have required removing washer and dryer to get to it, and you can't see unless you look for it while doing laundry. Probably would have added $150-200 to the project to get to that little piece.

Quite a bit of the effort involved nooks and crannies, and covers over raceways and electrical boxes, and going around irregularly shaped corners, etc.

All said and done, it looks like it could have come from the factory this way.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Thanks Dan
Ya I definitely think you'd need a top quality installer with lots of RV experience before I would try it. Hopefully I will meet that guy some day in the neer future.

jbeletti

New carpet looks amazing. In the early days of Landmark, we used carpet similar to the style you put in.

Continuing on the theme of rejuvenating your RV, now you need to install MCD shades :)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
New carpet looks amazing. In the early days of Landmark, we used carpet similar to the style you put in.

Continuing on the theme of rejuvenating your RV, now you need to install MCD shades :)

Oh, now, if we're giving Dan upgrade suggestions, I want to see a residential fridge go in!

sjandbj

UPS just delivered our new Glow steps for the Big Country. Can't wait til tomorrow after work to install them. :)

Steve

MCTalley

Our Big Country was getting a little long in the tooth, so we picked up a new Bighorn today.

i-mBpKZbM.jpg

Actually, just kidding. It's Wayne and Anita Cooper's rig. I'm sure they'll jump in soon to explain why we're hitched up to it.

silvasp

After having the trailer for only 2 months now, I noticed the screws on the exterior rusting. Replaced them all with stainless steel.