What did you do to your camper today?

Bones

Yuck. Like I tell Jaime and Ginger you guys need to move south. Jan 1 to Dec 31 is the camping season here. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love fall camping. but now the girls are getting a little older all of their activities are on the weekends. I do like the idea of moving down south.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Pulled the stereo out and switched some wires around, it would not communicate with the TV. Now it all works except on speakers number 3. When pressed on, it plays a station totally different than what is playing on the other speakers?????
I have no idea how to address this issue. #1 is living room, #2 bedroom #3 outside speakers...how could they be receiving another channel than what has been selected on the stereo??????

jrdelung

Pulled the stereo out and switched some wires around, it would not communicate with the TV. Now it all works except on speakers number 3. When pressed on, it plays a station totally different than what is playing on the other speakers?????
I have no idea how to address this issue. #1 is living room, #2 bedroom #3 outside speakers...how could they be receiving another channel than what has been selected on the stereo??????
"Switched some wires around..."

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
The only wires I had to change were the audio Red & White & Video Yellow....they were connected to the back of the stereo on the component side...I did not change anything on the speakers....and #3 was doing the same before I did my majic!!!!

jrdelung

The only wires I had to change were the audio Red & White & Video Yellow....they were connected to the back of the stereo on the component side...I did not change anything on the speakers....and #3 was doing the same before I did my majic!!!!
I'm with you then... Makes no sense.

IronJ

Finally got a fireplace put in....was one of the big things my wife missed from old camper....not easy to source a fireplace small enough ...but I did...and it's done!!

ab7d99978640e4285301718c5723c777.jpg

8fcaf6f1be216bba5e9e8a6bfc39bab7.jpg

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

danemayer

Garry,

You might be receiving the radio on some inputs and the TV on others.

Bones

Finally got a fireplace put in....was one of the big things my wife missed from old camper....not easy to source a fireplace small enough ...but I did...and it's done!!

ab7d99978640e4285301718c5723c777.jpg

8fcaf6f1be216bba5e9e8a6bfc39bab7.jpg

How wide is your fireplace? Where did you get it and how deep? Does it have to have the front piece sticking out?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and your fire place looks real nice. I like it a lot

IronJ

That part under the tv is 19" wide. The fireplace is about 18" wide...

It sticks out about 3 inches from the wall total..

It's led and you can change the colors and such ..2 heat settings (or off) a thermostat and a 12hr timer

I'll have to look on my desktop for site I used....

It's really nice...wife was 100% happy!!

Bones

That part under the tv is 19" wide. The fireplace is about 18" wide...

It sticks out about 3 inches from the wall total..

It's led and you can change the colors and such ..2 heat settings (or off) a thermostat and a 12hr timer

I'll have to look on my desktop for site I used....

It's really nice...wife was 100% happy!!

I'm thinking it may be small enough to put in the girls room to give them some extra heat in the fall time.

IronJ

Yeah...I was thinking of putting one in our master bath!! Lol..

It's 750/1500 watts...it pumps it pretty decent!!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
This is happening when it is tuned to the Radio, CD, DVD or TV???? Unfortunately the #3 speakers are so full of static, it isn't pleasant to listen too.

Garry . . .

I happen to know of a little event going on in Colorado in about three weeks where I bet if you stand around outside of the Sundance scratching your chin . . . you'll get about 10 helpers to help figure this out!

MTPockets

What I did today? (Actually over weekend). I emptied the Big Horn and cleaned her up so She looks good if I get a buyer.. Can't believe we had soooo much stuff! But, she really looks good; heck, I would buy her for the low price I'm asking... Now I know why my pin weight was 3400 lbs... Mostly women's clothes!

Diamondjim

What I did today? (Actually over weekend). I emptied the Big Horn and cleaned her up so She looks good if I get a buyer.. Can't believe we had soooo much stuff! But, she really looks good; heck, I would buy her for the low price I'm asking... Now I know why my pin weight was 3400 lbs... Mostly women's clothes!
Funny thing about "womens clothes. ...

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
Started changing out the J-wrap damaged from a tire failure on one side and a cell phone driver damage on the other side.

Here is a hint for anyone else doing this, especially for toy hauler types that have the wrap go all the way to the frame.

When you buy the J-wrap from Heartland they require a VIN to make sure you get the right part. The trim panels come in 10' lengths. I picked up 3 panels and some other miscellaneous trim pieces.

Cyclones use a 30" panel, bent at 13", so you have a 17" vertical section and 13" horizontal section.

My two panels are 30" but are bent at 18" and 12" :mad::mad::mad:

The extra height is a pain but still workable, just cut it. The horizontal shortage is an aggravating nuisance. 1" short means it does not reach the frame's web that it lays on for support.

And my trim piece that goes around the steps under the door 'looks' like the correct piece, but is unusable since it is not the correct piece.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
After spending most of the morning trying to figure out why the furnace keeps shutting off after 30 seconds (separate topic thread already started about that), I decided to make a run over to the Golden, Colorado Camping World and get a few things to prepare the Prowler for the Colorado Springs HOC Rally in a couple of weeks.

I picked up two black MaxxAir vent covers and they were on sale for $22 each!

I also wanted a white one for the bathroom vent to compliment the skylight, but the two I bought were the last ones they had, so I am going to swing by there next week and pick one up.

I already had a MaxxAir II vent cover (and really wanted to get two more of those) from our previous Heartland Trail Runner, but the Prowler has the newer EZ Lift vents on it and MaxxAir doesn't make any brackets to fit it on the EZ Lift vents.

These standard MaxxAir vent covers do come with brackets that work with the EZ Lift vents.

My timing was perfect as Camping World was doing hotdogs and chips today, so I got a free lunch while I was there!

Anywayz . . .

I did the back (livingroom) vent first . . . took about 30 minutes and a couple of trips up and down the ladder after figuring out the tools I needed:

ProwlerMaxxAirBackB4-P1010864.jpg ProwlerMaxxAirBackDone-P1010866.jpg

Not too mention that it was pretty hot up there . . . got a little bit of a sun burn!

Then I did the front (bedroom) vent . . . this one took about 15 minutes:

ProwlerMaxxAirFrontB4-P1010868.jpg ProwlerMaxxAirFrontDone-P1010870.jpg

I hurried up on the front vent as a thunderstorm started rolling in while I was up there next to the King/Jack TV antenna:

ProwlerMaxxAirFrontDoneStorm-P1010871.jpg ProwlerMaxxAirDone-P1010878.jpg

It will be nice to be able to leave the vents open when the Prowler is unattended as it does get toasty inside during the heat of the summer.