What did you do to your camper today?

SNOKING

DW wanted the wall behind the bathroom sink jazzed up at bit.

Now she wants the wall between the dresser and TV in the Bedroom done in the same stick on vinyl stuff. Chris

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Had to change out the faucet set on the sink in the bedroom. It was leaking due to a split in the pipe inside of it. Got the new one at Lowes. Looks great and fit perfect.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well I haven't done it yet but due to the cold weather last night and night before I found out my water pump finally gave up. It just runs and runs and does not prime. I had been having issues with it not want to prime this past football season. So I have ordered a new one. Also had to order a new canister set up for my water filters as the bottom of mine blew out due to freezing the first night of the freeze. So I ordered a new set up to replace that as well. Spent too much today to not get anything done yet. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Well I haven't done it yet but due to the cold weather last night and night before I found out my water pump finally gave up. It just runs and runs and does not prime. I had been having issues with it not want to prime this past football season. So I have ordered a new one. Also had to order a new canister set up for my water filters as the bottom of mine blew out due to freezing the first night of the freeze. So I ordered a new set up to replace that as well. Spent too much today to not get anything done yet. Lol

Any chance your fresh water drain line froze? Ice will wick up into the tee and block the line coming out of the tank.

jassson007

Any chance your fresh water drain line froze? Ice will wick up into the tee and block the line coming out of the tank.

If it did it ain't leaking right now. We live in it full time and it got above freezing yesterday and today and will stay above for the foreseeable future. In fact will be in 70's this week. No water leaking anywhere.

On edit I see you mean the pickup line to the pump? If so it was well above freezing today when I tried it again and couldn't get it to prime. Will try again later this week.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

Too bad Andy but us northerners down here visiting (was 26 & 24 over here at Ocean Springs 2 nights in a row) saw that coming and left the water hose in the basement!!! Saw several rigs over here thawing things out!!!
If ya'll wait until we get there I'll lend ya'll a hand...supervising !
(See how I worked in those ya'lls)

jassson007

Too bad Andy but us northerners down here visiting (was 26 & 24 over here at Ocean Springs 2 nights in a row) saw that coming and left the water hose in the basement!!! Saw several rigs over here thawing things out!!!
If ya'll wait until we get there I'll lend ya'll a hand...supervising !
(See how I worked in those ya'lls)

Never had a problem with freezing temps though. No damage other than filters so I am good. Water pump was already on its way out anyway.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Never had a problem with freezing temps though. No damage other than filters so I am good. Water pump was already on its way out anyway.

Yep in the winter we switch to the Walmart-available Camco blue filter, because one can be hooked up inside the UDC (and thus somewhat protected from the cold). I do not recommend using these outside in freezing temps, even if you wrap it in insulation. Our neighbor has tried and twice they have busted.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We finished putting Allure vinyl planks throughout the 5th wheel this weekend. Pulled up all the carpet (except the slides) and was able to lay the Allure down without pulling out the old vinyl. Sorry,no pictures. Got wrapped up in the work and didn't take any! Still have to put quarter round down along the back/side walls and the peninsula.

VKTalley

We finished putting Allure vinyl planks throughout the 5th wheel this weekend. Pulled up all the carpet (except the slides) and was able to lay the Allure down without pulling out the old vinyl. Sorry,no pictures. Got wrapped up in the work and didn't take any! Still have to put quarter round down along the back/side walls and the peninsula.

Pictures, Gus, or it didn't happen! 😜

boatto5er

Pictures, Gus, or it didn't happen!

Here you go Malcomb!
b4019b70f00cd5bfb1c4e4e416d71009.jpg
6ac27a25503984e4d1debb33d0a4db44.jpg
754c91f98b795a19c5e30bd9a954ab27.jpg
6feffe14c0d4ac21e4714bddffa52f5e.jpg

Nuclearcowboy

We installed the Furrion high speed rear view camera to the existing mount/wiring on the rear of our Big Country:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B010...kup+camera&dpPl=1&dpID=419zmP1H63L&ref=plSrch

It is terrific!! Extremely helpful for seeing behind a 41' rig. The view is wide angle and can see quite a bit back there! It's great to see who's directly following you, as well as helpful for lane changes and merging into traffic. We highly recommend this addition!

b0ae4f7b4e7db99447c619838ef8e5e8.jpg

Received one for Christmas - Furrion high speed observation and backup camera system. Will install on our next trip out - can't wait!!

- - - Updated - - -

DW wanted the wall behind the bathroom sink jazzed up at bit.

Now she wants the wall between the dresser and TV in the Bedroom done in the same stick on vinyl stuff. Chris
Just showed this to my DW - did I make a mistake? 😕

SNOKING

Received one for Christmas - Furrion high speed observation and backup camera system. Will install on our next trip out - can't wait!!

- - - Updated - - -

Just showed this to my DW - did I make a mistake? ��

Only took an hour for so. Used our paper cutter to trim and cut the pieces to size. Got some more trim today to install. More pictures to follow. Chris

Last edited:

boatto5er

Looks great! How do Romeo and Juliet like the new floor? I know Debra is loving it!

The Doxies love it. No more catching nails in carpet. Debra was the impetus for the swap out. She picked the pattern and "supervised".

MagnoliaTom

Loaded mine up with supplies for the weekend trip we have planned. Hoping the rain stays away