What did you do to your camper today?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wow...only 20 mins to install?? That seems amazing. I might have to look into these a bit harder now. ;)

Hmmm, does that include un-installing the old steps?

Actually, they are pretty easy to install. It is the removal of the old steps that takes the longest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Hmmm, does that include un-installing the old steps?

Actually, they are pretty easy to install. It is the removal of the old steps that takes the longest.

I sprayed the old bolts with PB Blaster the day before. When the new steps came I took out 4 bolts and removed the old steps. I then held the new ones in place and DW inserted a bolt on each side and I put the other 2 in and tightened them. I used the old bolts as they were not rusted at all. Also they fit perfectly and no spacers needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve.Twoknee

I think it took me about 25 minutes total as well. Dropping the old steps was scary easy and quick for me, which surprised me!

TravelTiger

I sprayed the old bolts with PB Blaster the day before. When the new steps came I took out 4 bolts and removed the old steps. I then held the new ones in place and DW inserted a bolt on each side and I put the other 2 in and tightened them. I used the old bolts as they were not rusted at all. Also they fit perfectly and no spacers needed.

Awesome!

Bigger rigs with the four-step may have a plastic "finishing piece" that covers the openings on either side of the step well. These pieces have to be removed to get to the bolts that hold the steps to the frame. I also think there were a couple other bolts besides the four to the frame.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
Not nearly as glamorous as disk brakes, but swapped out the stock Sealand 210 commode for a new 310 HP Revolution today. This was a "mandatory mod" per the wife...
20170407_144950.jpg 20170407_144503.jpg
The 310 actually fits nicer as the lid rests on the stop where the old one hit the wall.
20170407_144516.jpg
Having to run some Pex to get to the other side gave room to install a 1/4 turn shutoff valve too.

All went smooth and this model comes with the sprayer.

mlpeloquin

Awesome!

Bigger rigs with the four-step may have a plastic "finishing piece" that covers the openings on either side of the step well. These pieces have to be removed to get to the bolts that hold the steps to the frame. I also think there were a couple other bolts besides the four to the frame.

That is exactly what my Big Horn had as well as two metal ones that were two inches from the nuts holding the steps on. I had to remove both to install the steps. So it took me longer. Actually it took longer to reinstall the plastic sides because I wanted to lineup the mounting holes. This is a blind lineup. I did not want to add holes where water might penetrate into the structure.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Since I did the GloStep install by myself I had to remove the GloSteps from the mounting bracket and install the brack . . . then put the steps back on once the bracket was on the trailer.

ProwlerGlowStep4-P3160584.jpg ProwlerGlowStep6-P3160590.jpg ProwlerGlowStep5-P3160596.jpg

I also moved that locking pin to the other side of the steps after skinning my knuckles a few times on that yellow marking light. (photo later)

Now . . . what to do with the old steps?

Steve.Twoknee

Since I did the GloStep install by myself I had to remove the GloSteps from the mounting bracket and install the brack . . . then put the steps back on once the bracket was on the trailer.

View attachment 50827 View attachment 50828 View attachment 50829

I also moved that locking pin to the other side of the steps after skinning my knuckles a few times on that yellow marking light. (photo later)

Now . . . what to do with the old steps?

I stored my old steps so that I can put them back on should I ever sell or trade my camper; I will put them back on. The Glowsteps will stay with me and be put on my next camper.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I stored my old steps so that I can put them back on should I ever sell or trade my camper; I will put them back on. The Glowsteps will stay with me and be put on my next camper.

That is my thinking, too.

However, my garage is already full of stuff I'm saving for this or that . . . so no room in the garage for them!

Steve.Twoknee

I've had my camper out of storage for a week. First thing I did was the Glowsteps, which I did post about. In the time since my wife, the kids, even the neighbors have been in and out of my camper watching me do other spring time things and almost every time the comments have been 'why don't campers just come with steps like these?' 'They are so solid and the camper just doesn't move'. I have to agree with them, these are the steps that should be standard!
Today I installed center scissor jacks, put in the tv and flushed the antifreeze out of the lines. I'm so ready to go...

esscobra

got generator all hooked up- got exhaust piping made up and installed- and was able to connect genturi with ease

Attachments

• ex1.jpg
    ex1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 110
  • ex2.jpg
    ex2.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 105
  • ex3.jpg
    ex3.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 82
  • ex4.jpg
    ex4.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

MP_CS

Got the Sundance out of storage and replaced the bathroom faucet.The before IMG_0531.jpg
and after IMG_0533.jpg.... Getting ready to install dexter ez flex equilizers and jt strongarms.

JJC

retired Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Obviously overkill, but a backsaver all the same. This HF option affords an easy way to get the hitch in and out of the bed as needed.
ad707bac21f1c6ea50cdf096537df1b0.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Obviously overkill, but a backsaver all the same. This HF option affords an easy way to get the hitch in and out of the bed as needed.
I like it! 2 ton for $175, not bad.

Peace
Dave

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Kenny with some help from friends and family put on our new awning today ! got a new Microwave and convection oven he also put that in . Looking sharp and almost ready for camping.

Power247

It's been a busy couple days for our Pioneer :).

In the outdoor kitchen I replaced the faucet and added a gas strut to hold the upper cabinet door open.

In the bathroom I replaced the sink faucet, added some bracing under the tub and replaced the shower head with an Oxygenics.

Finally I added gas struts to the queen bed and lower bunk bed to make accessing the storage inside easier.

Thank you to all that contribute to the forum for the ideas and product suggestions!!!

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

TravelTiger

Got the Sundance out of storage and replaced the bathroom faucet.The before View attachment 51049
and after View attachment 51050.... Getting ready to install dexter ez flex equilizers and jt strongarms.

Looks Good! Best mod ever, you will appreciate it daily.

- - - Updated - - -

It's been a busy couple days for our Pioneer :).

In the outdoor kitchen I replaced the faucet and added a gas strut to hold the upper cabinet door open.

In the bathroom I replaced the sink faucet, added some bracing under the tub and replaced the shower head with an Oxygenics.

Finally I added gas struts to the queen bed and lower bunk bed to make accessing the storage inside easier.

Thank you to all that contribute to the forum for the ideas and product suggestions!!!

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Sounds like you are making it your own! Happy Camping!

Nbomar

Is there a certain oxygenics shower head that works with RV's. I want to change our my road warrior.