What did you do to your camper today?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Got the TPMS system installed on the Prowler . . .

Works good and will give it a road test next week on our final campout of 2017.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Today I am going to try and figure out how to install a TireMinder TPMS system that I purchased from one of the Colorado HOC members at our last rally.

John, what brand TPMS did you buy ? If it's a TST, you may need an amplifier repeater. Go ahead ask me how I know. Works perfectly now.[/QUOTE]

Dave, I also have a TST system (actually on my second one). The first was the 510 model and it didn't need a repeater on my 3670. Had it for a few years, but was in need of sending the sensors back for work again. So I recently bought the 507 model from them and it also works fine without a repeater.

CoveredWagon

John, what brand TPMS did you buy ? If it's a TST, you may need an amplifier repeater. Go ahead ask me how I know. Works perfectly now.

Dave, I also have a TST system (actually on my second one). The first was the 510 model and it didn't need a repeater on my 3670. Had it for a few years, but was in need of sending the sensors back for work again. So I recently bought the 507 model from them and it also works fine without a repeater.[/QUOTE]

Mine keep dropping different sensors. After talking with TST I believe that with all the freakin computers on the new truck one or more of the was interfering. Anyway once I installed the repeater / amplifier it worked flawlessly. Ion have the 507

avvidclif

Let's see. My son came over and did a roof inspection(caulking). Greased the Easy lube axles. Installed a stinky slinky holder under the rig. Checked air pressure in all tires including spare They were all at 90 lbs +1. Set to 100 lbs. Removed TPMS Sensors for battery replacement. Greased axle linkage, no zerks on bushings. Checked out my LevelPro system. We had to move the trailer to get on the roof and then back it into it's spot and level it. I had previously calibrated it and found it was fabulous. Turn it on, load app on Iphone and level it. It was actually faster then the Auto (Sometimes) Level-Up. Overall scoot around on the creeper and check the underside. Then Miller time......

GLMPNG

We've had our 2018 NorthTrail 31BHDD for 7 days now. This morning I installed MAXX-AIR 2 vent covers,new brushed bathroom faucet and tub spout/diverted/shower head combo, as well as brushed bar faucet in the outdoor kitchen. Will all of the high end finishes on this brand new floor plan, they sure skimped on those faucets with the white plastic. The kitchen faucet is really nice, so that will stay. Lol. With that being said, if anyone is in need of any of these faucets I removed, you can have them. Literally brand new. Tomorrow I will be installing paper towel holders in both kitchens, and toilet paper holder in the bath. I ordered new Bargman 47-84-610 led tail lights to upgrade from the crappy plastic dull tail lights that every manufacturer installs.

Attachments

• IMG_3824.jpg
    IMG_3824.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3821.jpg
    IMG_3821.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3822.jpg
    IMG_3822.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3823.jpg
    IMG_3823.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 75

danemayer

Replaced the Power Converter. It quit on our last trip 2 weeks ago and we used a battery charger to keep things running while on the road.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
Did this to the last trailer except I had to clean off all the old flaking powder coating. Wasn't going to wait on the new unit. Undercoating just about complete.
5284524808c6bfc227aba0e5326dff5d.jpg
ad81a66d7c65c14fa846bf072f71b240.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bob.jr

Did this to the last trailer except I had to clean off all the old flaking powder coating. Wasn't going to wait on the new unit. Undercoating just about complete.
5284524808c6bfc227aba0e5326dff5d.jpg
ad81a66d7c65c14fa846bf072f71b240.jpg

That looks really good. What did you use?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

uncledon

Her chauffeur
That looks really good. What did you use?

I have used Iron Man Professional rubberized undercoating from Harbor Freight. There are other similar products out there also.

Bob.jr

I have used Iron Man Professional rubberized undercoating from Harbor Freight. There are other similar products out there also.

Thanks. I'm on my way to HB.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Replaced the Power Converter. It quit on our last trip 2 weeks ago and we used a battery charger to keep things running while on the road.

Dan, is that the first time you've had to do that? I thought I remember it happening to you before?

danemayer

Dan, is that the first time you've had to do that? I thought I remember it happening to you before?

First time replacing the Power Converter. But I used the battery charger on our first trip when the Power Converter plug came out of the receptacle, and again when the transfer switch failed.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
I took some notes from another forum and added the external inverter indicator that a few others have. Happened to have all required pieces and parts laying around.
e7800568f865cf3f74b4f95ee2ec2a59.jpg
cf1e1a0953ad52eef77d47c68890e8fe.jpg
67a7246235442023e14dd75338365a3b.jpg

Bones

I took some notes from another forum and added the external inverter indicator that a few others have. Happened to have all required pieces and parts laying around.
e7800568f865cf3f74b4f95ee2ec2a59.jpg
cf1e1a0953ad52eef77d47c68890e8fe.jpg
67a7246235442023e14dd75338365a3b.jpg

Nice. you will like that piece of mind going down the road.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Three weeks ago when I gave the Prowler a bath before going to the Colorado HOC Rally at Mancos and I noticed I had water running down the wall on the inside of one of our slides.

At the rally I mentioned this to a couple of the guys and they thought that the caulking felt like it had a bad spot on the upper corner of the window.

The other day I got the ladder out and got up there to check out the caulking and found a crack in the fiberglass over that very window:

View attachment 54814
I believe this crack is the source of the leak.

ProwlerCrackOverWindow-P9291295.jpg

uncledon

Her chauffeur
Three weeks ago when I gave the Prowler a bath before going to the Colorado HOC Rally at Mancos and I noticed I had water running down the wall on the inside of one of our slides.

At the rally I mentioned this to a couple of the guys and they thought that the caulking felt like it had a bad spot on the upper corner of the window.

The other day I got the ladder out and got up there to check out the caulking and found a crack in the fiberglass over that very window:

View attachment 54814
I believe this crack is the source of the leak.

View attachment 54815
Sorry to hear that. Seems like an odd place for a crack. Any ideas on how that happened?

vakthund

Paper-towel holder

Had enough of the paper towels on the kitchen counter. Purchased a collapsable holder from Walmart ($4.34 with free shipping). Installed it under the kitchen pantry and added two magnets so the arms would stay up and out of the way when the slide it pulled in. The magnets hits the screws and life is good. Small successes!!
IMG_1777.jpg IMG_1775.jpg IMG_1778.jpg IMG_1773.jpg