What did you do to your camper today?

Oregon_Camper

Re: Paper-towel holder

Had enough of the paper towels on the kitchen counter. Purchased a collapsable holder from Walmart ($4.34 with free shipping). Installed it under the kitchen pantry and added two magnets so the arms would stay up and out of the way when the slide it pulled in. The magnets hits the screws and life is good. Small successes!!
View attachment 54853 View attachment 54854 View attachment 54855 View attachment 54856

Good idea... :cool:

We still seem to have room on the counter, so my wife found this nice stand for the paper towels.

Capture.JPG

CoveredWagon

Just had disc brakes install today by MORryde what a difference. 10 on the brake controlled would not lock the brakes before, now a setting of 6.5 is perfect. Not 15 miles down the road the new brakes were seriously tested. Traffic in front decided to do brake test i.e. they panic stopped. I'm not sure how close it would have been with the drums, but I was glad I had the new brakes.

vakthund

Evicted the squatters from the main AC unit.
da7359cfa6edbbc85eee2a994e76a1ca.jpg

Cleaned condenser and evaporator coils, straighten out some bent fins, and cleaned everything. Camper has a rather strong chemical lemon smell but temperature is comfortable - for a Norwegian trapped in Florida that’s not bad.
Probably should not have waited until 3 in the afternoon to start this. Good thing I stocked up on beer.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
I saw this on this forum or "the other one" can't remember which. Probably one of the many mods that Jerrod guy out in CA has done. No matter, it's a pretty simple one, but a good one!

Had to go with 6" hole saw and then trim 1/4" around to get snug fit.

3/4" hole saw for center hole and cut a slit for hose install.

Works slick!

Thanks to whomever posted the original mod!

Attachments

• 20171018_114711.jpg
    20171018_114711.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 20171018_114908.jpg
    20171018_114908.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 20171018_114313.jpg
    20171018_114313.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 126

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Going to start winterizing the Prowler today.

When we left Blue Mesa last Sunday it had gotten down to 16 degrees, so the drain valves on the sewer tanks were both frozen and would only open an inch or so.

I let the black tank water run out slowly, then poured a couple pails of hot water into the toilet and let sit for a few minutes and was able to break the valve loose, but the grey tank was mostly full so the hot water thing would not work there.

I did give the black tank a good rinse-down with the built-in tank flush . . .

I let the grey tank trickle until it was empty, then did the hot water thing on it, but decided to do the full clean of both tanks until later as we needed to hit the road.

Next week I am going to pull the Prowler to a local dump station and do the full clean of both tanks for the winter.

Chippendale

Going to start winterizing the Prowler today.

When we left Blue Mesa last Sunday it had gotten down to 16 degrees, so the drain valves on the sewer tanks were both frozen and would only open an inch or so.

I let the black tank water run out slowly, then poured a couple pails of hot water into the toilet and let sit for a few minutes and was able to break the valve loose, but the grey tank was mostly full so the hot water thing would not work there.

I did give the black tank a good rinse-down with the built-in tank flush . . .

I let the grey tank trickle until it was empty, then did the hot water thing on it, but decided to do the full clean of both tanks until later as we needed to hit the road.

Next week I am going to pull the Prowler to a local dump station and do the full clean of both tanks for the winter.

John, just another reason to live in the south, we use our RVs year around and seldom have to drain the water heater or put anti-freeze in the pea traps between trips. Will see you next summer in Pueblo if my Landmark is not worn out from use all winter.

Sorry, just had to rub it in a little.

George

JohnD

John, just another reason to live in the south, we use our RVs year around and seldom have to drain the water heater or put anti-freeze in the pea traps between trips. Will see you next summer in Pueblo if my Landmark is not worn out from use all winter.

Sorry, just had to rub it in a little.

Can't wait to see you again! :cool:

We are not going out with the Prowler again until next spring (bummer), but will move around a little when getting new tires, bearing repack, alignment and other work before next season (April at NM Rally).

Geodude

In the last two weeks, the push-button LED light under the cupboard just beside the stove burned out, we broke the ceiling fan (the incoming slide ate a blade), blew a hydraulic line and had a falling tree branch punched a hole in the awning. The leaking (spraying) hydraulic line was discovered at a campground, so to get home I cut up a beer can and wrapped the line and then secured it with a couple of hose clamps and then wrapped it all in electrical tape. It stopped the leak so we were able to get home.

So lotsa repairs! I ordered and installed a new LED light fixture from the original supplier, installed a high efficiency ceiling fan with much shorter blades and better quality, had a hydraulic hose made up that is 10X better in quality that the Lippert factory original and installed that, and finally I Gorilla taped the new skylight in the awning. :D

20171013_101700.jpg 20171013_101711.jpg New fan: 20171016_161149.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
In the last two weeks, the push-button LED light under the cupboard just beside the stove burned out, we broke the ceiling fan (the incoming slide ate a blade), blew a hydraulic line and had a falling tree branch punched a hole in the awning. The leaking (spraying) hydraulic line was discovered at a campground, so to get home I cut up a beer can and wrapped the line and then secured it with a couple of hose clamps and then wrapped it all in electrical tape. It stopped the leak so we were able to get home.

So lotsa repairs! I ordered and installed a new LED light fixture from the original supplier, installed a high efficiency ceiling fan with much shorter blades and better quality, had a hydraulic hose made up that is 10X better in quality that the Lippert factory original and installed that, and finally I Gorilla taped the new skylight in the awning. :D

View attachment 55164 View attachment 55165 New fan: View attachment 55166

I like the new fan! Can you give us the details? Where, what kind, how much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geodude

Thanks! I picked it up for $184 CDN at Living Lighting here in Ottawa. It's a Kichler Lighting "Canfield" 32 in fan, in an oil brushed bronze finish.

20171019_210053.jpg

JohnD

Got the Prowler all vacuumed out and pretty much emptied for the winter.

Moved stuff out of the basement and into the house garage for the winter.

Plus, I've filled the fresh water tank with water and bleach and have all of the water lines filled with the bleach water overnight to sanitize the water system.

Will drain and rinse out all of the water lines tomorrow.

Not sure if I'll need to put antifreeze into the water lines since we have at least three weeks of good weather forecast here . . .

Next week on my days off I will take the Prowler and flush both sewer tanks for the winter.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Replaced our kitchen faucet that was producing almost zero flow. After troubleshooting other possibilities (clogged screen for instance), I determined that the mixer in the old faucet was probably clogged up. Since there’s no way to get to it, We bought a replacement faucet at Lowe’s. Getting the old faucet out was somewhat of a problem, as whoever put it in had over tightened the shaft and the locknut would not let go. I got the faucet out by turning the entire faucet counter-clockwise until the faucet came off the shaft. Then had to cut old lines off with a hacksaw. The new faucet fit into the mounting hole perfectly, but the water lines were not compatible with the existing incoming PEX lines. Both were female connections. A trip back to Lowe’s for a couple of brass 3/8 to 1/2 in male connectors resolves that problem. New faucet works great and wife is happy with much better water flow. She also likes the lower profile of the new faucet. The old one was a tall gooseneck that splashed water everywhere.
78e00bb79a7030bb21ef3cba542b37d2.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Replaced our kitchen faucet that was producing almost zero flow. After troubleshooting other possibilities (clogged screen for instance), I determined that the mixer in the old faucet was probably clogged up. Since there’s no way to get to it, We bought a replacement faucet at Lowe’s. Getting the old faucet out was somewhat of a problem, as whoever put it in had over tightened the shaft and the locknut would not let go. I got the faucet out by turning the entire faucet counter-clockwise until the faucet came off the shaft. Then had to cut old lines off with a hacksaw. The new faucet fit into the mounting hole perfectly, but the water lines were not compatible with the existing incoming PEX lines. Both were female connections. A trip back to Lowe’s for a couple of brass 3/8 to 1/2 in male connectors resolves that problem. New faucet works great and wife is happy with much better water flow. She also likes the lower profile of the new faucet. The old one was a tall gooseneck that splashed water everywhere.
78e00bb79a7030bb21ef3cba542b37d2.jpg

Looks great!

porthole

Retired
Was wondering why the truck and trailer seemed to not stop so well coming home from Bath, NY rally.

1 pad missing and 1 partially metal to metal.

Couple of cracks on the rotors as well.

Attachments

• IMG_4044 copy.jpg
    IMG_4044 copy.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_4050 copy.jpg
    IMG_4050 copy.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_4051 copy.jpg
    IMG_4051 copy.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_4052 copy.jpg
    IMG_4052 copy.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 64

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Was wondering why the truck and trailer seemed to not stop so well coming home from Bath, NY rally.

Yikes! That’s downright scary.

MagnoliaTom

Was that on the truck? Wow. Scary stuff. Lucky you made it home safely

jnbhobe

I washed all the awnings, then went to Blue Beacon and got the truck and camper washed and RainX, $ 50 bucks not bad.